Joey's Ongoing Sporting Event Photo TR Thread

Update Pg. 22: Wrigley Field
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Re: Joey's Ongoing Sporting Event Photo TR Thread

Postby Jew » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:30 pm

Since sports are currently on hiatus, I figured I’d catch up with The one TR I didn’t do from last season yet:Wrigley Field.

It definitely lives up to the hype. We went for opening day and the energy was incredible. The area around the stadium (Wrigleyville) is nothing but bars and restaurants too, with the streets shutting down for game day. Amenity wise it’s pretty bare ones given the stadium is so old, but the atmosphere is great.
2B34EB93-E0C4-471F-98E1-744CC0D48D54.jpeg
The famous entry sign
12D1ADDF-E620-45FA-BB46-94AEB3D8F6FA.jpeg
The famous manual scoreboard
194486F5-5B25-4CC9-B5E4-A15DA91BBF87.jpeg
The famous rooftop bleachers
7F4B75A3-5F38-4329-BA2B-4C2CE2DA5BA6.jpeg
As you can imagine, concourse was cramped. But the recent renovations made for plenty of food and drink options to keep lines short
8AD0C8CB-C997-4EF1-83CD-E8B0372F0360.jpeg
The famous bleachers
C6540046-43D8-4D29-B1F7-00FB92E3AE34.jpeg
View from our seats
D714E793-D790-4F65-B8D5-87F5CC5D2806.jpeg
The famous press box where special guests sing take me out to the ballgame

I Love Donkeys!

Re: Joey's Ongoing Sporting Event Photo TR Thread

Postby Dan the Coaster Man » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:23 am

This is a pretty nice thread. Similarly, I like seeing stadiums and experiencing games, even if I do not see my favorite team playing. Of the experiences on this thread, I have been to Camelback Ranch, Fenway Park, Chase Field, Guaranteed Rate and Wrigley. As a Chicagoan and White Sox fan, Camelback might be better than GR. Nothing is inherently bad about GR, but it is extremely plain and there is not much of an atmosphere. At least it is cheap. Fenway is awesome and my favorite baseball stadium, but Chase was cool too. Every MLB stadium is "cool" after going to GR my whole life. Some of my favorites I have been to are Allen Fieldhouse for the atmosphere, Fiserv Forum for the physical stadium, and Fenway for an overall experience. PNC Park is on the top of my bucket list right now, and I want to start going to some CFB games with rowdy fans (PSU whiteout, FSU, LSU, UGA)

Previous

Return to Random, Random, Random