TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The unofficial official 2008 Christmas/Holiday Lights thread

Angry_Gumball

Before I start, I'd like to make it a point that I did some searching, and found multiple topics that kinda covered the same from a couple years ago, many being Photo TR's of someone's yards. Maybe we could use this topic t kinda keep all light displays in.

So now, onto the topic! We started yesterday afternoon as the turkey was cooking to get stuff assembled (Tons of deer to put together), and experiment with this music box we have that syncs lights up to the music. I still have more pictures to get of our yard

Synced Lights:

Video up shortly, processing...

I still need to get some overviewage shots just to have on hand and will probably set the music box to 'steady' so I don't have only portions lit up in the shot. Anyway, enjoy! And post your stuff up once you got it up! I'd like to see if someone pulls off an amusement park theme for their yard display...especially if they have knex...then they could light it up!

4.jpg.ffd121f8433942d20013dee821b3ac3e.jpg

The right end of the house.

1.jpg.c9f8220eab49b5876f49ade6f2f83e52.jpg

Nailed it finally...There are 4 more deer spread throughout the yard. In the rear is a horse 'n buggy.

2.jpg.b8a980040a41fa22f24bed8f2f1a3abe.jpg

Shot 2, Failed again at getting everything. The lights kept flashing so fast it was hard to catch everything all light up. I was too lazy to set the machine to "Steady" instead of Multiplex.

3.jpg.e375dc6d6036118c78b24b7faca5afd6.jpg

I'll start at the left end of our setup, a deer family chillin' ontop of a car that looks like a giant snowy boulder. Looks cool.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 6 years later...

I decided to BUMP this up, as I have a couple of photos with our holiday lights up,

but as well, our friends across the street who do an amaaazing amount of setting

up what they got - and it just - looks - off for me. See for yourself...

p.s. And maybe the title of this thread could omit the year, and just put Annual in it's place.

IMG_6794.JPG.86a19f24b9b9f3588d55ae9816a80f3f.JPG

This first shot is through our light setup, front of the porch, towards what we see of our friends' set up.

IMG_6794a.JPG.d7ca404874856d512bd53d63573c1546.JPG

I really think it needs something pull it all together... But what? Still, an interesting setup, Ho Ho Ho. (o;

• 6 years later...

"Several Years Later......"

I wanted to post a photo of what we've done this Holiday Season, on the front of our house.

Took me a bit of time to find any thread that I didn't have to repeat. Found this one. Jingle! 🚨

We got a set of purple lights to drape across the front railing of the porch. Worked pretty good, Yes?

EDIT: I didn't realize there was an actual year in the topic's title. Ho ho ho.

IMG_3635.JPG.945604c222c12a214ece64dddcdc0b49.JPG

A touch fuzzy, but you get the idea. A better pic will be taken later on. I hope.

And I have to add this ....

Our back yard (and back of the house) looks towards an apartment bldg, painted a not-great sort-of blue colour.

Anyway, one of those living opposite us, put some lights in their window. And really, we're the only ones who can actually see it, outside!

So nice of them to do this, LOL.

IMG_3639.JPG.b3e493721b69d1d6269b2e226930d2e2.JPG

My night photo skills aren't great, but it still looks .... interesting.

IMG_3640.JPG.539ddc9a1745e0f4572d6d31035f8c99.JPG

A closer shot, and it turns into something else, LOL. Happy Holidays, Everybody!