The 2015-16 NBA Season

SPOILER ALERT: The Spurs/Cavs will be in the finals....
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
WDW Monorail Fanatic

Re: The 2012 NBA playoffs

Postby BeemerBoy » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:19 am

Nobody will win with Dwight Howard. That guy's value is so incredibly overrated, and it has nothing to do with his off-the-court nonsense. You could ironically say he's "Championship Kryptonite."
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:34 pm

Yeah I don't know, your probably right but that dude is so talented that someone will take a huge risk on him. Off and on the court issues aside he's good enough to almost win a couple playoff games by himself. You know you'd like to see him in Boston with Rondo, and if anyone in the league can manage him it's probably Doc Rivers ......

(Who am I kidding, Boston is the future home of Kevin Love in 2015, and then NBA champs in 2016)

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:01 pm

Hilltopper39 wrote:You know you'd like to see him in Boston with Rondo

Honestly, my answer to that is simple. Oh hell no.....PLEASE NO.

It's a toss up who's the most overrated player in the NBA- Griffin or Howard. Seriously, those two are so one dimensional it's not even funny.

(Who am I kidding, Boston is the future home of Kevin Love in 2015, and then NBA champs in 2016)

Now we're talking. I'll gladly sign off on this!
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:32 am

BeemerBoy wrote:It's a toss up who's the most overrated player in the NBA- Griffin or Howard. Seriously, those two are so one dimensional it's not even funny.

Griffin is way more one dimensional and overrated that Howard in my opinion. Howard can atleast contribute a little on each end of the court instead of just dunking on everyone. I feel like I'm defending Dwight Howard a little to much here lately even though I personally hate the guy and think he's going to single handedly ruin Orlando's organization.

The Heat won the championship, probably no surprise to anyone there. To their credit they really did look like the best team in the league for the last two series and they deserved to win it.

But on to more important things, the NBA Draft (or as I like to call it the 3rd Annual University of Kentucky Alumni Showcase)! The NBA draft will be taking place next Thursday and this is years Draft Class is one of the deepest in recent years. Other than Anthony Davis as a lock at #1 to New Orleans, all of the other picks seem pretty wide open. So who do you want your team to draft? What players do you think will be successful at the professional level and who will flop? Who should Charlotte take at #2? Who will wear the most ridiculous suit at the event? Your thoughts on the draft.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:04 pm

So...uhh...I thought the CBA was supposed to make it more difficult for there to be "super teams?"

Welcome to L.A Steve Nash and Dwight Howard!

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:15 am

The Lakers will obviously be good but I still think they will have trouble with OKC, they still don't have anyone to match up with Durant or Westbrook. Should be an exciting series if it happens.

Postby Jew » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:36 pm

^However, Dwight Howard is 1000x better than Bynum was when it comes to help defense...so the gap isn't nearly as wide anymore.

Cockroach and rat free since 2002!

Re: The 2012-13 NBA Season

Postby Bolliger&Mabillard » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:55 am

Apparently Phil's demands were too high. We're getting D'Antoni
"...and SuperKing, the best one of the three!"

Postby Jew » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:48 pm

^Phil's saying they gave him until today to decide, then backed off and called him at midnight to say he wasn't getting the job. I think Jim Buss is just a moron.

Phil Jackson would have been a stopgap solution...but this team only really has this season (and possibly next, but that's questionable with an aging Nash and Kobe) anyways.

Cockroach and rat free since 2002!

Postby Bolliger&Mabillard » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:45 am

You know in a much similar situation when the Lakers put together a "big four" in 2003 they hit it off pretty well racking up wins pretty quickly, versus whatever the hell this team needs to figure out. You got a REALLY good wing player (no longer the best, but still elite) a center who shows up every night and can be unstoppable, another wing defender that can lock up the best in the league, a power forward who is versatile (but no more 3's Pau. I saw the San Antonio game /: ) so what us there left to figure out? When Steve Nash gets there it better make a world of difference
"...and SuperKing, the best one of the three!"

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random