The 2015-16 NBA Season

SPOILER ALERT: The Spurs/Cavs will be in the finals....
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:46 am

^We roll off a record breaking 19 straight, then lose a couple on the road, and we're in trouble? The season is a marathon, not a sprint. I'm not concerned.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

TPR makes work go faster

Postby bigstevet07 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:33 am

I agree, thise two west coast losses really don't mean anything in the spectrum of the long season. I realize Cleveland is nipping at eh C's heels, but both of then aren't going to win 65-70 games.
I hate Godzilla! I hate him too! He destroyed cities!

Cockroach and rat free since 2002!

Postby Bolliger&Mabillard » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:47 pm

I'd be shocked if any team this season wins 70 games. There is a lot of competiton everywhere in the league.
"...and SuperKing, the best one of the three!"

TPR makes work go faster

Postby bigstevet07 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:14 am

There might be a lot of competition in the west, but the east is relatively weak again. With the exception of the two mentioned and probably Orlando and Atlanta. I can't really include the Pistons because for some reason they haven't been the same since they got Iverson.
I hate Godzilla! I hate him too! He destroyed cities!

Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:13 pm

Memphis should have beat San Antonio last night. The refs need to do their job better.

Postby Bolliger&Mabillard » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:53 am

Officiating has been very suspect as of late. Though I'm glad the Lakers won tonight against Utah, the Jazz did get dicked on a lot of calls.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Freefallbestrideever » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:54 am

It's the hardest game to officiate so people are always complaining about the calls and i will agree. Thing is, if you're the aggressive team you'll get the calls your way, that's what the Lakers need to do more often.
Coasters: 59
Assume nothing; Question everything

Postby Bolliger&Mabillard » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:52 pm

Congrats to somebody other than Kobe being the dominant scorer of the night, but the Lake show needs to work on consistancy. The "powerhouse" Lakers should have won by a much larger margin. The Clippers are short-handed and playing 'no experience' guys. LAC should have had no chance, no leads, and no ties. Luke Walton scoring in the first five seconds...that should have happened all night. It did in a way, but LAL needs to find a stable attack on D and stick to it.

The Resident Vegetarian Hippie

Postby Hercules » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:04 am

Wow. Look at the East this year. I definitely don't think that the West is the dominent conference at all this year. It is great to finally have a little bit of competition in basketball, and not just one really good East team, and 7 very good West teams.

I love watching the Blazers and the Hawks develop into good teams. I really think the Blazers will be a force in years to come.

Is Dwight Howard not a beast?

Who is going to stop this year from being another Celtics-Lakers showdown? I really don't see anyone in the way........ other than LeBron.

Postby Bolliger&Mabillard » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:27 pm

^ I agree with you on two points. No team in the west except L.A. has a shot at the Larry O'Brien trophy. As far as the east goes, The Finals are definately going to have a stop in Clevland, but I wouldn't rule out Orlando. Jameer Nelson is playing phenominal basketball, and Dwight Howard is beastly. I don't see them making it to the promised land, but I look for them to be a huge upset to either the Celts or Cavs.

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random