The 2015-16 NBA Season

SPOILER ALERT: The Spurs/Cavs will be in the finals....
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!

Postby Wes » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:01 am

^ NY has cleared enough cap space for Lebron and someone else like Chris Bosh or even Dwayne Wade. The rumor mongers think that LBJ, Bosh, and Dwade made some sort of pact after the Olympics to find a way to play together.

Cockroach and rat free since 2002!

Postby Bolliger&Mabillard » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:19 am

They could just do what Paul Pierce, Ray Allen ang KG did and just all take dramatic pay cuts. But let's not be silly. :lolr:
"...and SuperKing, the best one of the three!"

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby carolinacaniac » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:06 am

I am going to admit that I was a fairweather fan of the Sonics, mainly because I am not huge on the NBA, but that is just because I prefer baseball, hockey and football. When they started the whole thing about moving them to OKC, I didn't care for the idea. Growing up in the Seattle area, the Sonics were a constant for Seattle, with the likes of Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp, Hersey Hawkins, and Detlef Shrempf in my youth in Seattle. The Sonics had been a part of Seattle for longer than either the Mariners or Seahawks, and the only one to have won a title, and until the Seahawks lossed Super Bowl XL, the only of the three to play for their leauge's title.

I remember how awesome the atmosphere was around the Pacific Northwest was when the Sonics made it to the Finals in 1996, as it was an exciting a time, second only to the Mariners 1995 playoff run. My dad and I went to the Key Arena to watch Game 2 of the Finals on the big screen, and it was fun as they did things as if the game was being played there, such as the chants and cheers, and the between quarter entertainment.

Now that they have moved the team to OKC, It just caps off a s*itty year for the Pacific Northwest in sports (The Mariners loosing 101 games, the Seahawks are 2-11, and the Huskies finished the first winless season in the Pac-10 and in school history). I hope that the Thunder makes a good run for the record for worst record in the leauge as it would show, like Wes suggested before, that Karma exists.

So as some t-shirts around Seattle have said:

BUCK FENNETT!
"Imagine the Crystal Beach Cyclone with a Gerstlauer train!"

TPR makes work go faster

Postby bigstevet07 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:43 am

Well, D-Rose may be a great player, but he is a bad liar. How do sit down and a knife ends up cutting your arm?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_d ... nba,127593

According to the Chicago Tribune's Full-Court Press blog, Bulls rookie Derrick Rose missed Monday's practice after he needed 10 stitches to close a gash suffered at home while — you're not going to believe this one — slicing an apple in bed. Amazing.

"It was a silly incident," Rose said. "I was cutting up some food and I laid on a knife getting lazy in bed. I went to go get a bottle of water, came back, forgot the knife was there, then sat down and sliced my arm."
Rose is expected to play Tuesday night against the Knicks at the United Center, which is good news, but it begs the question: why is Rose cutting Red Delicious apples with a machete? That seems excessive.

The question is, what was he really doing? This kind of smells like Monta Ellis excuse when he got injured in the offseason.
I hate Godzilla! I hate him too! He destroyed cities!

Postby Bolliger&Mabillard » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:43 am

^ I read about that. He couldn't at least say cookong accident?

TPR makes work go faster

Postby bigstevet07 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:03 am

^ He should have said something like that. I'm sorry but I sat down and the knife jumped up and bit me is not even remotely believable. At least they don't expect him to miss any time for it.
I hate Godzilla! I hate him too! He destroyed cities!

Postby Bolliger&Mabillard » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:14 pm

Did the Lakers just get blown out by the fucking Kings?!?!?

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Freefallbestrideever » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:41 pm

Yah, this team is playing like crap on the road. Then again when you lose a 24 point lead AT HOME in an NBA Finals game you can't be suprised anymore......
Coasters: 59
Assume nothing; Question everything

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:33 am

It's crazy how Atlanta is just one of those teams that match up well with us. As Rondo said, if they played the rest of the NBA the way they play us, it'd be scary. I really wanted to be there last night, but mid-week games in the ATL make the commute rough. ::(

At least I'll get to see 'em in March though.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Postby Bolliger&Mabillard » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:35 am

And if they keep playing the way they are that game in March might mean something.

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random