Switch to full style
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Post a reply

Re: Phobias and Fear

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:46 am

davisal771 wrote:^^ Most people have never heard of it. I'm not even sure if it has a scientific name.
But it's definitely serious, I just don't understand why I have it

It is an extremely rare disorder, but it is called potnonomicaphobia. This is the fear of any type of potato product. This comes from www.foodaq.com. It referrs to any fear of potatoes, but mostly applies to mashed.

D

Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:27 am

I will add to mine....after this last year of insane weather we have had, I am now afraid of tornados. Having come close to almost experiencing a few this last year, they totally freak me out. Now everytime there is severe weather I start freaking out.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:39 am

Spiders, mainly Tarantulas
Wasps/Bees
Becoming Deaf and/or Blind
Walking on bridges over water espically drawbridges

Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:57 pm

Ive had a fear of dogs as long as i can remember!
Snakes!
Spiders!

Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:57 pm

I love roller coasters, but I have a fear of heights, I can do it strapped in on a ride, but when I feel unsafe, I can't stand it. Whenever I walk up to Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit's station I have to stand on the left side of the stairs and stare directly at the floor or else I get dizzy.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:06 pm

tribar wrote:Spiders

+1. I hate them. I also have a fear of onions. Seems rather strange but I cannot stand the things.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:48 pm

I'm freaked out by...

1.Fire Alarms (Can't foucus when I know there's a Fire Drill)
2.Spiders
3.Surgery (The idea of having someone cut into me freaks me out.)
4.Roller Coasters* (I'm trying to get over it. The scariest thing I've been on is ROAR at SFDK or Revolution at SFMM.)
5.Throwing Up (Why I'm afraid of roller coasters. I hate nausea, the stomach pains, and feeling like I can't breathe.)

*I'm going to West Coast Bash, and I'm kinda freaked out by what's on for morning ERT. But, i'm sure i'll do fine. :)

Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:59 pm

^^ Don't worry I used to be a HUGE chicken on roller coasters also, but I got over it once I rode X2. ;) I'll be at WCB also, so I'll see you there!! =) O.K. now back to my phobia... it's getting lost in the middle of nowhere! :p

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:38 pm

I am freaking out about getting put under the needle, just the thought of a drug making me go to sleep. worst thing in the world, and syringes im not afraid of needles but im afraid of syringes.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:11 pm

The SOPA and PIPA bills.

And thunderstorms.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS