TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phobias and Fear

Do you have any phobias or anything that you are truly afraid of, unusual or not? Whnever I think about it, the large number of trees that we use to make various products scares me, as well as other natural resources that we use to make various things. I fear that one day those things will be gone, having not been able to keep up with our demands.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome avatar Luka! Seeing them this November.

Anyways, I'm claustorphobic. I'd hate to be in a situation where I'm trapped and I can't do anything about it.

Frogs. Yes, you read that right. And no, I'm not trying to be funny.

I can relate to that. Frogs creep me out sometimes.

I have a heights phobia to the point that I experience physical symptoms, I even get if I was watching TV and someone looks over a ledge.

But still, I haven't let it stop me doing anything, I just push myself, climbing Half Dome at Yosemite was pure terror but I did it.

Moths make my skin absolutely crawl - they're awful. I don't mind insects and bugs, and wouldn't flinch to have a spider walking up my arm .. But a moth flies into the room and I turn into a 60s-sitcom-housewife who's just seen a mouse!

Cameron.

Here's a funny question for people with a fear of barfing.

Have you ever feared it so much you barfed?

Anyways,

I am,

Claustrophobic (and that makes me fear the dark sometimes cuz' in the dark you can't see the walls around you and it just creeps me out!)

Heights (only to a certain extent.)

Spiders (OMG I HATE THEM!)

Here's a funny question for people with a fear of barfing.

Have you ever feared it so much you barfed?

Anyways,

I am,

Claustrophobic (and that makes me fear the dark sometimes cuz' in the dark you can't see the walls around you and it just creeps me out!)

Heights (only to a certain extent.)

Spiders (OMG I HATE THEM!)

I had it when I was in fifth grade. I was miserable the entire year. That's the worst part - the constant worrying about it makes you feel like you're about to barf... all the time. And then when people in your class started getting the stomach virus that made it 100x worse.

The thing with me though, I never throw up. That's what made it really bad. I couldn't remember what it felt like. I've only thrown up a few times in my life. But I threw up after having a seizure that same year. That pretty much ended my emetophobia. Now I've only thrown up once since that, but the thought of throwing up doesn't bother me as much.

If someone in my family gets a stomach virus, I'll have a bit of the feeling I used to get, but it's not too bad. But man, fifth grade... the assistant principal (we lived across from the school and were friends with him) had to come and practically drag me to school - I was that afraid of it.

I'm glad I can look back and laugh!

Wow. I always thought I was really strange, but I feel a little better now knowing I am not the only one afraid of throwing up. I hyperventilate and shake uncontrollably if I think I am going to. I'd honestly rather feel awful than throw up and feel better.

I also am scared to death of mayonnaise. I make the people at Subway use a new knife because I don't want my food to have any sort of mayo cross contamination. I can't even watch people eat something that I know has mayo on it.

"Mayonnaise...it's like Satan's poison." (CTU Agent)

Amen to that. I will not touch the stuff.

Funny thing---at one time, I was scared of getting diabetes, and look where I am today. Not the end of the world if you take care of yourself.

But fears? I think losing a limb is my worst one.

Eric

I fear normal people might find out I like coasters - just kidding I think.

I recommend seeing Undercover Brother to truly understand the evil that is mayonnaise, poor Eddie Griffen being forced to drown his food in it while posing as a white guy therefore having to pretend to like it.

I think mayonnaise is worse than the devil's poison, it's the devil's something else...think about the resemblance.

It pisses me off that KFC absolutely drown their chicken fillet burgers (do you have them in the USA?) in gallons of mayo.

In case you weren't sure I hate mayo and think it should be outlawed.

YES! I'm not the only one. Seriously, it's like Satan's poison. I can't possibly fathom how anyone can eat it. I used to and don't know how I did. If drugs are illegal, so should mayo. It's practically just fat which is harmful to the body.

I agree completely. Mayonnaise is pure evil. I actually feel kind of bad for other foodstuffs that come into contact with it, because I know they will never have the chance to be as delicious as they could have before mayo application.

I won't even eat some concoction called "Veganaise" that my husband buys. Even though it is just some sort of soy mess, it is still made in the image of mayo...and that is unacceptable.