TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Music, Music, Music

Wes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was randomly browsing through the intrawebs and found an old recording of Animal Collective playing the Fox Theater in Oakland during their Centipede Hz tour in 2012, and it's stupid good. Been playing it for the last hour or so, and I love it. The rendition of Brother Sport on here is god-like.

• 1 month later...

Listening through the entire CD of this amazing Off-Broadway REVIVAL

of the "Broadway Failed" CARRIE.

It's a One Year (-post) Anniversary, since we lost The Great Marin Mazzie to cancer.

Its a remarkable recording. Awesomely intense recording. Truth.

We're at The Truth For CARRIE, now. Eep time. Not quite. First, Mother's Lament.

CarrieTheMusical-2012.jpg.b5c72d5f245cf777b13bec5ae752a3a4.jpg

This NEEDS a BROADWAY REVIVAL!

W/Audra MacDonald and Jennifer Hudson interchanging 2 Leads!

• 2 months later...

They're playing a radio interview with the Now Grown Up Hanson Brothers.... and it`s really good! I am impressed with these guys, considering they started so young with "Mmm Bop". And now they're married have what? 13 children between them??? And they're now celebrating 25 years as being a band, together! Awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Listening to the entire soundtrack of Aquaman, here. The movie is over a year old, but I remember while watching it how beautiful the music was. Took me a while, but I finally got a copy, and so far, it's not disappointing me.

Aquaman.jpg.1044b552d99f788b5265beba2db8bc66.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Listening to the end tracks of "Everybody's Talking 'Bout Jamie" A London Hit Musical. On screen in late October.

About a kid who wants to grow up and be a Big Drag Queen. Ah, these kids today.

Great cast cd. Great parts, including the lead. Worth a listen through.

Jamie.jpg.19fe67e8da4b4313f82b3c0c0204fb9b.jpg

I had a lot of them, but since I am constantly listening to the new, the list is changing, and the old is partially forgotten and boring. I am a loyal fan of Martin Gore and Depeche Mode. Now we have to admit that this gang seems to be outliving its own, and although they are still banging live, they are already old, they no longer have energy, the last album turned out to be tortured. Relatively recently, I became interested in such a genre of electronic music as tribal (tribal, tribal ambient). This is a rhythmic ethnic muse in which the founder is a very talented musician Stere Roach. He began to record amazing songs in depth in the 60s. I can say that I found my spiritual genre, precisely when I got acquainted with his work. I also love to listen to Goa Trance and Synthwave music. Artists of the genre - Boris Blenn, Astral Projection, Robert Parker. From non-electronic music from classical rock, the bands are very close to me: Shoking Blue, King Crimson.

• 2 weeks later...

Once again, I find myself totally enraptured with this Broadway cast recording of

Moulin Rouge:The Musical. It's really quite something to listen through. A lot of

amazing mash-ups, and a couple of sung-through numbers ("Your Song" is really brilliant)

that make it a must-listen-to pops recording.

MoulinRouge03.jpg.092a93233d5165a8bf12b979ec509573.jpg

I just wanted to share that I often listen to spiritual music now a days. Everything's happening now in our world is stressful. The stress and worries we're facing can make us sick and weak. So to keep our mind and heart healthy too, I choose to listen to music that will give us hope and inspire us.

A special LIVE online concert of many, many actors, saluting

Broadway's Stephen Sondheim in a one time only concert.

For his 90th Birthday. He's an Aries. Awwwwwww.

Coming up, on the hour. (1/2 hour later in Newfoundland.)

EDIT (Monday 27th): They had multiple tech problems with the broadcast,

so it went on much MUCH later in the evening. But now you can see/hear it

in it's entirety by going to http://www.broadway.com and enjoying it there.

• 5 weeks later...

Listening to one of The Best TV Concerts, that's ever been produced.

It won several Emmys for it, inckluding ones for Bob Fosse and Liza Minnelli, who starred in it.

It's awesome. Look it up. It was quite the LIVE TV special. Sept.1972.

LizaZ.jpg.335f496e4596d85c45de2a843e0d53f7.jpg

• 1 month later...

Listening to this London Cast recording. The only piece of music I have, that is East Indian-based.

And it's produced by Andrew Lloyd Weber (he of "Phantom..." and "Cats" fame).

It's really a lovely musical to listen to. I highly recommend buying a copy of the cd.

BombayDreams.jpg.85edf66aec6b215eb6e018d4f27a4b18.jpg

The Original London Cast recording.