Relationships

BF/GF
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Re: Relationships

Postby SamanthaMc92 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:26 am

^ DON'T DO IT BRO! It will NOT end well.

Think of it this way, how would you feel if it was the other way around and you were the one with the girlfriend that you loved and she left you and got with him.
I mean if you're going to go for it, you should come to the realisation that you're most likely going to lose your bestfriend.
Who's more important, this chick or him?

Coming to think of it, you should be telling you're bestfriend that his girlfriend is trying to get with you behind his back! She obviously doesnt wanna be with him. I hate girls that do things like that. They're NOT good peoples. :?r
I want to ride every single ride in the WORLD by the time i'm 30 - Do you think i'm being overambitious? ;)

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby grrt » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:02 pm

Well I've dealt with it the other way around.. with him doing it to me.. lots of times. I've survived. And he knows and we're still best friends.. Talked about it and all. It's a closer friendship than most people can probably understand. The circumstances it were brought up under weren't too ideal, and she really isn't trying to create problems, and never has before. She's actually a nice girl, and I'm a good judge of character.

The real problem now is that I'm kinda getting screwed over. Though I haven't done anything wrong I'm sorta getting the shaft... as usual. I've sacrificed a ton for my friend, and he's not grateful for it at all.

My friend should be asking himself the same thing on who's more important.. It's also high school. And relationships rarely involve love, life still goes on, he's not going to be crushed.

Gosh I'm going from confused to bitter..
Last edited by grrt on Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:52 pm.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:10 am

Dude, you're seventeen. I turn twenty-one in just over a month and I haven't even had a single girlfriend yet. You have plenty of time.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Postby grrt » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:10 pm

This is my point! It's high school and it really shouldn't matter what the hell happens.. right?

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:32 pm

Well now, I wouldn't say that. I run into old high school buddies all of the time. There are some things that people forget and some things that they don't; it's just human nature.

I've experienced plenty of instances where "I get close", but ultimately I prefer to be the "good friend" because it means I can be counted on to be there when it counts; and that's all I care about. I'll have my time.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Postby grrt » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:43 pm

I'm not so worried about dating her.. I just don't wanna end up in the shitter cause of all of this, or for her to. And my brain is saying assert your position. But my heart is saying don't ruin things. I'm currently trying to sort it all out, maybe a third of the way there. But if it happens again.. Ugh, who knows. It's a matter of character. I'm trying to go against mine and it's proving rather difficult.

Noo! They be stealin' my bucket!

Postby onewheeled999 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:56 pm

Ooookay, I'm struggling to think of a way that this situation could be more complicated.

I'll just say that Ashley, my long-distance ex, broke up with her new boyfriend this week. In the hour-long phone call we just had to ease her scrambled feelings, we essentially rekindled our feelings for each other, but agreed that we can't do anything about it just yet, as some more things have yet to be figured out. And there are some things that would make getting back together really uncomfortable, to say the least. (update 4/21:) And now my parents revealed that they didn't like her, nor did pretty much anyone, which baffles me.

It's all totally up in the air right now, and I have absolutely no idea how it's going to play out.. I guess we'll see in the next week.
Xbox Live + Steam + Twitter + Skype + AIM: Onewheeled999

Noo! They be stealin' my bucket!

Postby onewheeled999 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:03 pm

Welp, it's over. And you know what? I'm okay with it.

Our relationship wasn't anywhere near healthy, looking back. I expected too much of her in a high-stress situation, and the incredibly low frequency of seeing one another was miserable. And really, we both only gained from this relationship. I helped her through some really tough times, and she helped me mature as a person and learn how to treat a girl right. We may have promised it would last forever, but oh well, it's a mutual promise-break. No need for any regrets. As for what happens after this, I'll leave it to 9:00 News. (warning: high volume!)

Xbox Live + Steam + Twitter + Skype + AIM: Onewheeled999

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby LoneRider92 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:27 pm

Well, my first relationship in my 20 years of existence is over. Turns out it doesn't work very well when you're studying for engineering and spend most of your time at school and doing schoolwork and she is working nearly every day. To be honest, she had so many problems and was such a needy person, it's almost a relief to be alone again. She was very nice and she liked me and I liked her, but we figured it was best to end it before I left to study in Platteville and we tried to do a long-distance relationship.

My name is relevant again! ;)
I smell like fresh cut spring flowers spewn across a babbling brook with a hint of lemon. |:D

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby gromithere » Thu May 17, 2012 12:46 am

Went on a first date yesterday and she said "your obsession with roller coasters isn't nerdy." I think I should marry this woman. :b :b :b

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random