Switch to full style
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Post a reply

Re: What does your house look like for Halloween?

Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:34 am

:omg: omg we nearly ran out of candy, the other night!

Note to self(s): get at least 100 more pieces (250-300), subject to change. :wink:

Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:55 am

^ We learned our candy lesson 3 years ago when we ended up running out of candy, and having to make a quick run to buy more Halloween night.

We now buy roughly 400 pounds of candy every year for Halloween, and we usually only end up with a small bowl left over... The left overs give my partner snacks on for a month or two and then it's gone!

Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:44 pm

^ 400 pounds of candy? "Roughly"???

:omg:

That is a lot of door knockers, LOL!

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:49 pm

I basically live in a retirement complex (it's not actually one, but I don't think there's a single tenant who isn't at least half my age), there were no kids around. The only Halloween decoration I had was a light up corgi dressed as a bumblebee. Yes that exists. :lol:

Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:19 pm

Anybody done up their house for The Season? Just curious.
We just have our usual lights up on the porch. And a pumpkin, of course.:wink:

And, as reminded from last year, we have 250+ pieces of candy to hand out.
And not run out of. We hope.
Attachments
IMG_1792.JPG
To be eventually carved up.
IMG_1792.JPG (143.56 KiB) Viewed 2548 times

Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:41 pm

For 2019 we have purchased just over 1,000 pounds of candy.... and of course it’s suppose to be cold and rainy. We will probably only go through about 800 pounds. :cry:

Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:11 pm

^ That's still a crazy amount of candy! By the way, you DO mean 1000 pieces and not pounds?
From your last year's post about it, you've now doubled the amount of candy, that you bought
last year! <shock> And if it does rain, and you have leftovers, it should still 'last' till next October, lol.

(Oct.31) Here's what we got out front, so far. I got lazy about putting the orange lights up.
So...not this time. Next year, I promise.

(Nov.01) This time, instead of being short of candy, we had nearly 100+ pieces left over! :shockr:
Attachments
IMG_1793.JPG
Doesn't look like much in the daytime.
IMG_1793.JPG (203.19 KiB) Viewed 2505 times
IMG_1794.JPG
And here's David's craft skills result. Instead of a candle, we got something with little lights that blink.
IMG_1794.JPG (142.68 KiB) Viewed 2505 times
IMG_1796.JPG
The whole thing. It'll be better at night, with the lights that are already up there.
IMG_1796.JPG (213.51 KiB) Viewed 2505 times
IMG_1799.JPG
How it looked, at night.
IMG_1799.JPG (147.74 KiB) Viewed 2490 times

Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:20 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:^ That's still a crazy amount of candy! By the way, you DO mean 1000 pieces and not pounds?
From your last year's post about it, you've now doubled the amount of candy, that you bought
last year! <shock> And if it does rain, and you have leftovers, it should still 'last' till next October, lol.

Nope, I meant pounds, not pieces lol. Every year we have grown in the amount of trick-or-treaters due to the light show. This year the weather ended up being clear!! No rain as first expected! We went through all of the candy except for about 20-30 pounds. :omg:

Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:03 pm

^ omg I stand corrected. Wow. That is a - lot - of candy!

Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:50 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:^ omg I stand corrected. Wow. That is a - lot - of candy!

We ended with less than 10 pounds left. :omg:
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS