What does your house look like for Halloween?

How do you decorate?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

What does your house look like for Halloween?

Postby odie » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:00 pm

What does your house look like for Halloween? Does anyone go all out and crazy on decorations? Or, are you just a party pooper and stick one sticker to your window? :Pr

Well my family goes pretty all out and I will post pictures sometime after Halloween. What we do is a small walk through going through the yard and up to the porch. It take usually 2-3 full days for me to set up completely but in my opinion its totally worth it! So what about you?

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby IceDragon » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:31 pm

I didn't get any pictures, but we had 3 pupkins, each with a fairly freaky face, with a hole in the back of one to allow a pole in. This pole allows smoke to travel down and out of the pumpkin.

We also got some extremely haunting music to add to the atmosphere.

We had 5 inscence sticks burning, creating a musty smell, a rather crappy looking ghost with 2 red LED lights hanging from a window. In the dark its actually quite scary. We also had a blue flashing light (NOT a strobe) with a blue filter over to create a 'portal' in a bush.

And the masterpiece? Me :D. I sat outside for about 2 hours waiting for people to come (we get on average about 15 people each year). I sat there until they got really close (we completely over-do the whole festival) and the either mose, yell or do a really high pitched scream. Everybody (even the adults accompanying the little ones) jumped!

We get congratulations and sometimes rewards (more sweets for my brother and sister) from the parents that enjoyed it.

It was quite fun. I wish we could either get more people to come or do it more often, or, even better, move to America! (You over-do it so much! I wanna join in!)

Eurofighters are Red Dawn Awesome!

Postby Pufferfish » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:35 pm

We set up our house pretty good for Halloween. We have two jackolanterns, two tombstones, a sign that has a ghost on it hanging onto a lamp post that says BOO Blvd, and the piece de resistance, a fog machine. I have fun with the fog machine, I scared some poor little kid in a superman costume with it last year. I'll try to get some pictures later.

Postby odie » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:30 pm

Here's some pictures from Sundays setup...

More to come after Halloween.
2007 pictures 408.jpg
Overview of the path
2007 pictures 409.jpg
2007 pictures 411.jpg
A new idea I had this year (it works really well in the dark)
2007 pictures 412.jpg
The "gory" scene
2007 pictures 413.jpg
My favorite.
2007 pictures 415.jpg
One of my first ghouls I ever bought.
2007 pictures 417.jpg
He had some really really bad hair when we took him out of the box.
2007 pictures 419.jpg
This is actually just a carved wooden bear with a scream mask on it, haha.
2007 pictures 420.jpg
One last photo.

TPR's Hairstylist to the Stars!

Postby piers » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:36 pm

Wow, the outside of your house has more theming than the outside areas at Uni Orlando's HHN this year. Well done, it looks awesome.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby funkybadger » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:50 pm

^^ The dog crate with the eyes is a good idea! I have both of those, so I can duplicate the idea!

We don't put up any outside decorations for fear of vandalism. We live on a decent street, but some of the side streets have some undesirables. However, we have the entire inside of our house decorated. We even put up a Halloween tree, which is really fun!

We were going to post a bunch of pictures, but our schedules have been really hectic and we've haven't even taken pictures, let alone post them. Next year we're planning on inviting some students over for hot dogs, and then taking them on a "tour" of the house. Rich even has a storyline planned to make it more creepy!

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby raptorcrew2002 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:41 pm

I laid back a lot this year since it was a Wed. night. Next year is Friday so I will really have fun. (I did have many run aways this year, quick walk pasts, and crying kids) :)

I always build my setups for psychological rather then just visual. 15 extension cords, 3 dmx controllable fog, and 3 dmx controllable strobes, audio & lighting controllers, 200' speaker wire, 2 animated life size custom props with x10 motion sensors, 1 custom made and mixed audio sound track, chillers, and secrets.

As for fear of vandalism, I do the wiring layout weekend before, final build day of, and take down that night. grrrr.

It was hard getting photos because of all the changes in atmosphere and lighting but enjoy.

Hope everyone had a great and safe Halloween. :devil:
1-night.jpg
10-31-2007-057.jpg
10-31-2007-060.jpg
10-31-2007-083.jpg
10-31-2007.jpg
10-31-2007-072.jpg
10-31-2007-067.jpg

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Moose » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:39 am

funkybadger wrote:We don't put up any outside decorations for fear of vandalism. We live on a decent street, but some of the side streets have some undesirables. However, we have the entire inside of our house decorated.

Same story different city for us. But since we live on a nice street we get slammed with kids... well over a hundred. We did decorate the porch at around 5 and took it all down at 8:30. We had a few ghost a huge motion activated spider and pumpkinds galore on the outside. Inside the door we had a fog machine and a few strobe lights and a decrepid curtain thing. Matt was in full zombie makeup and sort of just apeared from the curtain. A few ids ran off the porch.

Oh and i did an 8ft tall cut out of the headless horseman and his horse.

No pictures,

yet... muhahaha.

Postby odie » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:02 pm

Here are the last of the photos taken on Halloween night,
2007 pictures 421.jpg
A night overview (There is more lighting then this but most of it is strobe so my camera will not catch it.)
2007 pictures 422.jpg
2007 pictures 423.jpg
I overdid the blood a little bit on this one haha.
2007 pictures 426.jpg
A cool picture of a "flaming" skull thing. (No flash)
2007 pictures 428.jpg
I think this idea turned out really nice. (No flash)

Sir Haunts-a-lot

Postby Vffreak07 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:11 pm

I put up a fogger, a strobe light, and scary music. We put the fogger clicker thingy inside so then when people came to the door, we would step on it, turn the lights on, and then I'd walk out and act all scary and weird. It's really fun if you can keep a stern face despite stupid kids. It's quite fun. :)

Next

Return to Random, Random, Random