Anybody else watch hockey? (Amazing VID INSIDE!!)

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:22 am

Carnage wrote:They should start moving some teams out of the south and up north where they belong. Winnipeg deserves to have an NHL team more than Phoenix,Atlanta, Tampa, etc.

Truer words have never been spoken. And I'm pulling for this Crosby kid more than ever, simply because he may be the only hope Pittsburgh has of keeping the Pens. :(
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

The Resident Smart-Ass

Postby CoasterFanatic » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:42 am

^ True dat.

The Pens are STILL on very thin ice. The state is now involved and I fear that if they do not start working something out soon, then the Pens are history. To an area that has already lost so much business and residents, this is huge.

It is obvious that they want to stay in Pittsburgh (seeing as what Kansas city is willing to offer), but time is running out.
Ted

Guaranteed Fresh or Your Money Back!

Postby dandaman » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:00 pm

Have they even begun to discuss plans for rehabbing Mellon Arena? 1961-2007 is more than enough of a lifespan for that place.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby jsahockey09 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:19 pm

A rehab would be nice but too bad that isn't an option. The lease on building is over next season which means they need a completely new arena. Too bad because a rehab would definatally be more of a definate thing.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:30 pm

Carnage wrote:I just wish he'd stop whining and going down like he was shot when clipped. His diving is taking attention from his skill.

Further proves my theory that "hockey" = "soccer on ice"

except the hooligans are both on the ice and in the stands

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Carnage » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:53 pm

larrygator wrote:
Carnage wrote:I just wish he'd stop whining and going down like he was shot when clipped. His diving is taking attention from his skill.

Further proves my theory that "hockey" = "soccer on ice"

except the hooligans are both on the ice and in the stands

Diving isn't quite as bad in hockey as it is in soccer. Remember that hockey is a contact sport. So there's less there to fake. Soccer you're not able to hit anyone, so it's easier to dive. A hockey player can't dive when he gets laid out at center ice by a clean hit.

Though it's a fine line. They call everything now to try and get rid of the clutching and grabbing that was rampant before the lock out. But with that comes more diving. It's not perfect.

What I want to see happen is the instigator rule get removed. That rule only protects cheap shot artists. If someone gets taken out by a blatant knee he deserves to get his ass whooped.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Movieguy » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:59 pm

I'd be sad to see the Penguins go...however, I'd see an upside, if they ended up in one of the other cities that Lemueix reportedly has on his list...Hartford, CT.

If this meant a return of the Hartford Whalers...well, then I wouldn't be quite so sad, as they're another NHL franchise I've missed for years.
Coming to Lakemont, Del Grossos, Idlewild, Kennywood, and Waldameer, the week of July 17th.

XBOX Live Gamertag: CitrusMammal

Kid Tested, Mother Approved

Postby KevinT » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:11 pm

I've loved college hockey and NHL hockey for a few years now. I'm a Penguins fan, my favorite players are Marc Fleury and yes, Sidney Crosby. I love me some Sidney Crosby :)

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby jsahockey09 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:31 pm

KevinT wrote:I'm a Penguins fan, my favorite players are Marc Fleury and yes, Sidney Crosby.

KEVIN YOU'RE MY HERO!

Haha, just kidding but I too am a major fan of Fleury!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Carnage » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:49 pm

Movieguy wrote:I'd be sad to see the Penguins go...however, I'd see an upside, if they ended up in one of the other cities that Lemueix reportedly has on his list...Hartford, CT.

If this meant a return of the Hartford Whalers...well, then I wouldn't be quite so sad, as they're another NHL franchise I've missed for years.

That would only work if they traded Crosby, Stall, and Malkin. The league would never put a winning team back into Hartford. ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random