The Black Parade

So an emo band loses it's emoness
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby rollercoaster_lover » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:29 pm

Its pretty good
Dawn of the Foamy!Image

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Coasterlicious » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:36 pm

:?r ....its ok........

they kinda sold out..

they are in cheesy pop magazines.

Postby Wes » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:51 pm

They're a cheesy pop band, what did you expect? At least they write good pop songs.

The Dumbest Dinosaur Ever!

Location: The center of the human brain... WOW THIS PLACE IS EMPTY!

Postby dragoncoaster1292 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:53 pm

It's not their fault they "sold out". As with most other good bands like MCR (Including Fall Out Boy, Panic! At the Disco, Green Day, and Avenged Sevenfold), MTV is the cause for everybody thinking that these bands are "selling out". They overplay every single song that the bands release until all that is left of a generally good CD and a generally good band is a heap of overplayed songs that everybody's heard and everybody is tired of. The worst thing about my generation is that all of the people who hear these songs and figure that the band is popular because MTV is playing their video over and over again. They also figure that if they showed that they liked the band that they would become even more popular than ever! All of these "scene kids" are trying to to be punk now and shop at those "scary goth stores" to buy merchendise with the money daddy gave them to shut up. They buy maybe a shirt or wristband of their 'fav bands' and go off to Claires to buy some pink teddy-bear earrings and a pair of purple barrettes, while the people who are real fans of these bands and really know their songs are sitting in an empty store thinking "what happened? Why did this band 'sell out?'" The reason we think this is because of all these scene kids buying all of the merchendise and thinking that they really know what they are listening to. Take Green day for example: They work for years writing a brilliant rock opera and try to express their feelings about the world today, and then MTV comes along and overplayes their songs until everybody who used to be fans of them say that Green Day "sold out"! Perfect example! Just listen to the song "Teenagers" on The Black Parade. You'll understand what I'm talking about.
Xbox 360 Gamertag: invadercheese92

PEEKABOO!

Postby Wes » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:47 pm

^ Oh shut up. It's not MTV's fault. It's the band's fault. Contrary to popular belief, you do not have to promote your album, you do not have to make videos, you do not have to release singles. Every band that signs onto a major label does so the gain exposure and make money. "Oh we wrote a catchy song and spent millions of dollars to produce it and then spent millions of dollars to make a cool video just because we wanted to." Bullshit.

Newsflash: EVERY SINGLE BAND HAS SOLD OUT. The minute you decide to play music for money, you have sold out. The Beatles sold out, Led Zepplin sold out, Nirvana sold out. Green Day doesn't write music for charity. You're probably WAY too young to remember this, but Green Day was a HUGE band in 1995-96 because MTV played their videos all the time. There was never a point in time in their popularity where they weren't using MTV to sell more records.

People who blame MTV for ruining bands would be like people blaming movie theatres for ruining movies by showing previews.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Chase » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:05 pm

MCR? Loosing its Emoness? Noooo!

This 16 year old puts you to shame

Postby socalMAN123 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:35 pm

I confess, I might be a teeny-weeny part MCR fanboy. Please don't shoot me. Well, I still thought this album was emo, just not as bad as all of the other ones (Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge).
---Brent =)
Disobey

Teh Rockness Monster

Postby BiCoastal Kid » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:32 pm

dragoncoaster1292 wrote:Take Green day for example: They work for years writing a brilliant rock opera and try to express their feelings about the world today, and then MTV comes along and overplayes their songs until everybody who used to be fans of them say that Green Day "sold out"!

I'll let Wes make fun of you for talking about MTV, but Im gonna say this: Green Day's album didn't say anything that hadn't been said before, and it didn't do anything musically that wasn't tested and true. All the views and ideas presented were very surface-level, and popular views. People act as if nobody had ever said anything in music about Iraq, the media, and politics before Green Day wrote their *brilliant?* "rock opera." The thing that made Green Day stand out certainly wasn't their talent, it was their fame. Green Day had major-label backing, so it got to more people easier. People, mostly, are very superficial about their music and won't go out of their way to find music. They need it hand fed to them. Minimal searching would find you recent artists talking about recent events. Minimal searching could find you a more deserving album than American Idiot for best rock album of the year for that year, too. It's sad that even the Grammy's have become more image than art based. At least the Oscars reward deserving films, otherwise movies like Fast and the Furious would actually win stuff, and that would just be stupid.

Yes, Green Day == Fast and the Furious.

Girls don't like me because I can play RCT better than you

Re: The Black Parade

Postby TheCoasterKid211 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:14 pm

I know this thread is old, but let me just say...

Best. Album. EVER.
| |Alpengeist| |Cheetah Hunt| |Kumba| |Mako| |Intimidator 305| |
"Yeah, I like coasters. Yes, I'm a kid. Don't know what the 211 means, but whatever." Check out my TR thread!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: The Black Parade

Postby bert425 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:12 pm

TheCoasterKid211 wrote:I know this thread is old, but let me just say...

Best. Album. EVER.

You're 14.

trust me, there are many other "classics" that you likely have not been exposed to, and should give a spin.

just a handful of suggestions:

"Tommy" the Who
"Sgt. Pepper" the Beatles
"Rumors" Fleetwood Mac
"Destroyer" KISS
"Let it Bleed" the Rolling Stones
"IV" Led Zeppelin
"Ten" Pearl Jam

just to name a handful.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random