The Black Parade

So an emo band loses it's emoness
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Xtreme-me » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:50 pm

Back ON TOPIC...

MCR's New CD is amazing. I loved their second CD, Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge and when i heard welcome to the black parade, i was excited. The change was huge between the two albums. I like every single song on the new one. My two favorites are Disenchanted and Cancer. As for panic at the disco... Well... I actually hate them. Whats with all the long song names? "Lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off" oh snaps thats a long name...

Teh Rockness Monster

Postby BiCoastal Kid » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:32 pm

You can't really discredit a band based on their song names. In essence, that's just the writing behind it, a band and it's lyrics should mostly be looked at in terms of how each is god, and then whether the two fit together well.

OMG! A TALKING MUFFIN!

Postby DATman » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:16 pm

goleafsgo wrote:Ive started to get annoyed by these bands that think they can (or cant?) pull off really bad looking outfits when performing.
I was watching the killers on SNL, and the lead singer was dressed like a nerd (not a typical nerd dress, but whatever...

anyhoo, everyone in the band looked really... stupid. And i know that is their idea of being 'origional' or whatever... but i have seen alot of bands on MTV and whatnot looking like this, and it just makes them all look dumb...

ummm

yeah. That probably made no sense... but whatever.

Ugh. I HATED the Killers on SNL. Now, I love the band, but it was such a weak and dissapointing performance. Not to mention their lead singer has NO clue how to act on stage to get a crowd into your music....

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Re: The Black Parade

Postby haiderodes » Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:30 am

okinawaboy11 wrote:
OzCatter wrote:It had good guitar rifts, good drumming, good bass pattern, just overall good stuff

I've always loved My Chemical Romance. And Panic. But unlike most Panic fans, I know all their songs. Whereas most people only know Lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off and But its Better if you do. And I've listended to them since HFestival and small basement shows thruout DC metro area. Its been good and bad seeing them become popular due to MTV. Pretty much, DEATH to MTV. They ruin good bands. It's mainly Panics (and Fall Out Boys, which I've also listened to before they were signed) girly "OMGZ I'M PANICS BIGGEST FAN CUZ I ONLY NO 3 OF THUR SONGZZZZ!!!111!!" that I hate. :devil:

oh ya! well they are from vegas and i remember them before they even named themselves Panic! so there...

lol...j/k! but i like em, i just wish they'd play more than i write sins not tradgedies on our local radio...
walking in space.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby thefitness » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:19 am

MCR is not emo.
most emo kids would rather be locked in abercrombie then listen to that sh*t!

just putting that out there.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby willski » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:57 pm

Haha, emo.

The very word makes me laugh. For our AP Lit satire project, we dressed up as emo kids and went around the school asking people why they were emo. None of them could come up with a coherent answer, all I heard was a bunch of whining and, "My life sucks because my parents didn't buy me what I wanted, so I turned emo."

Wes, you crack me up, haha.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby rollercoaster_lover » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:25 pm

MCR is pretty good but the new cd isn't all that good. I'm still a sucker for the first one

SLC's Rule!

Postby kennywood!007 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:47 pm

Did you guys hear the song "Teenagers" off of the new album! It has a very huuge twist in it. Its totally different from what I would expect from them. It has a classic rock taste to it. :P

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby weeow » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:32 pm

And it tastes good. That's why I like it.

Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:52 pm

I don't really listen to the band alot, but I liked the song, had a good rhythm.

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random