The Black Parade

So an emo band loses it's emoness
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Xme3 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:58 am

funny, thread

Teh Rockness Monster

Postby BiCoastal Kid » Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:11 pm

Emo is to hardcore as power ballads are to hair bands. :P

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby kk_slider11290 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:29 pm

okinawaboy11 wrote:Thats not what I'm saying. They ruined them becuase they made P!ATD become just another one of those girl bands with annoying, preppy, girl followers. AND I've heard I Write Sins Not Tradgedies about 5 times in one hour on the radio. What makes it worse is they edit SO much out of the original song which makes it suck even more.

You have such an elitist mentality about panic! at the disco, oh the irony.

BiCoastal Kid wrote:Whatever happened to Sunny Day Real Estate? :cry:

Jeremy Enigk just released an album and still tours (plays SDRE covers too!) and he talked about a reunion in an interview here.
At least the fire theft is supposed to be getting back together.

Teh Rockness Monster

Postby BiCoastal Kid » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:50 pm

^A) Yeah, he does and I laugh at it because of all the bands to be eleitist about, Panic! is probably the most typical.

B) Freakin sweet!

OMG! A TALKING MUFFIN!

Postby DATman » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:24 pm

The only Panic song I really like is "This is Halloween" from Nightmare. It was just so perfect, and it was one of the better of the few (just behind Fall Out Boy's "What's This" and miles ahead of She Want's Revenge's "Kidnap the Sandy Claws"). Sorry, the nightmare fan in me needed to say that. By the way, if you can, download the re-released album, as some of the re-done songs are really awesome!

Anyway, I am getting the Black Parade soon, so I'll post a rewview of that.....eventually.

Frutilicious!

Postby KrakenKing » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:01 am

Is it just me, or does every band that gets popular by MTV now considered "Emo"?

I would not consider P!ATD Emo, none of their songs are about "Oh man, I hate my life, let me yell and scream about it." If you actually listen, their lyrics are emotional, yes, but not entirely about themselves. The only remotely "Emo" song on there is "Lying is the Most fun..." but that isn't emo either. Mostly every band has a song about being thrown aside by a loved one, does that make every band, even metal bands "Emo"? I dont' think so.

Let music be music, if it sounds bad, don't listen to it. I don't see why everything in the world has to be put into catigiories.
Signature.

Blank Title

Postby Sean Menefee » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:33 am

Billy wrote:IMHO, they way people use EMO these days isnt even correct. the music isnt EMO. the fashion is EMO. The music you call "emo" now is a bunch of kids that most likely werent good at playin hardcore or punkrock and probably werent in any scenes like that cause they probably just were not true enough. Add on the fact that they have good looks, nice haircuts and probably come from money(maybe, its all who you know) helps. Its called marketing. The fashion is marketable now. so bands are getting scooped up and spit out. Real "emo" back in the day was almost hardcore music, real hardcore , but they added these softer moments to add a little more to it and show a soft side.

My Chemical Romance, to me, was never emo. they are just a unique rock band. people think they were emo because of fashion and a false idea of the music scene they were in. Panic! at the disco sounds more like Broadway musical stuff and rock more than punkrock or " emo".

theres emotion in all music. so really everything has emo in it. its just a stupid fashion that will pas slike 80's hairmetal.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for you post. It was needed.

The only thought I have when I see a pack of glamed out, "emo" teens is this folks:
MotleyColorWhack.jpg
10 years from now this wave of the "emo kids" will end up looking just like these 80's rebels did. ;) Funny how this sort of stuff keeps being recycled.

Teh Rockness Monster

Postby BiCoastal Kid » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:21 pm

KrakenKing wrote:Is it just me, or does every band that gets popular by MTV now considered "Emo"?

I would not consider P!ATD Emo, none of their songs are about "Oh man, I hate my life, let me yell and scream about it." If you actually listen, their lyrics are emotional, yes, but not entirely about themselves. The only remotely "Emo" song on there is "Lying is the Most fun..." but that isn't emo either. Mostly every band has a song about being thrown aside by a loved one, does that make every band, even metal bands "Emo"? I dont' think so.

Let music be music, if it sounds bad, don't listen to it. I don't see why everything in the world has to be put into catigiories.

Emo now is more about the image. There's really no emo music anymore, just a bunch of stupid people who only like udnerground bands because they think it makes them cool.... when 99% of those bands sound the same and suck.... and have months in their name.

SLC's Rule!

Postby kennywood!007 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:50 pm

I understand like half of the song then the other parts I'm like what is he talking about! :roll:

BANTRONNED

Postby goleafsgo » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:28 pm

Ive started to get annoyed by these bands that think they can (or cant?) pull off really bad looking outfits when performing.
I was watching the killers on SNL, and the lead singer was dressed like a nerd (not a typical nerd dress, but whatever...

anyhoo, everyone in the band looked really... stupid. And i know that is their idea of being 'origional' or whatever... but i have seen alot of bands on MTV and whatnot looking like this, and it just makes them all look dumb...

ummm

yeah. That probably made no sense... but whatever.

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random