TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Black Parade

OzCatter

I hate emo, it's well known with a lot of people I know, I detest it.

Well, I hated My Chemical Romance, they were annoying, they looked, smelled, sang, breathed emo, they were just an utter annoyance.

Well, I heard Welcome to the Black Parade a few months ago when it was leaked, and was shocked at how it sounded more like a Queen-esqe power ballad rather than a screamo song. It had good guitar rifts, good drumming, good bass pattern, just overall good stuff.

The album leaked the other day, and I took a listen from a friend, who played it for me, this album is good. It's a story, of a young man who gets cancer and dies, and basically is his story of him in the afterlife. It's really good, but the emos will cry.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but the emos will cry.

They're going to do that anyway.

True enough

My friend and I are anti-emo, except for his obsession for Panic at the Disco, which I hate more than any band, and we both like MCR now. My sister, very emo, hates em now

Meh, Panic is fun to listen to, and that's about it. I shouldnt talk to loud though, because Okinawa will come in here and yell about how he's known them since before life and stuff.

Anyway, I've heard some of the new album and you can tell they actually had to try not to sound like their old selves. Now they sound like them, but going,"Man, this like our last album.... let's make a concept album!"

It had good guitar rifts, good drumming, good bass pattern, just overall good stuff

I've always loved My Chemical Romance. And Panic. But unlike most Panic fans, I know all their songs. Whereas most people only know Lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off and But its Better if you do. And I've listended to them since HFestival and small basement shows thruout DC metro area. Its been good and bad seeing them become popular due to MTV. Pretty much, DEATH to MTV. They ruin good bands. It's mainly Panics (and Fall Out Boys, which I've also listened to before they were signed) girly "OMGZ I'M PANICS BIGGEST FAN CUZ I ONLY NO 3 OF THUR SONGZZZZ!!!111!!" that I hate.

I never gave a crap about MCR to be honest.

But last night I listened to them on SNL playing Welcome to the Black Parade. Wow, emo and quite Queen-esque at the same time.

(looks on Wikipedia page) Directed by the same guy that done Dookie and Nimrod by Green Day? Bitchin'...

Meh, Panic is fun to listen to, and that's about it. I shouldnt talk to loud though, because Okinawa will come in here and yell about how he's known them since before life and stuff.

I've always loved My Chemical Romance. And Panic. But unlike most Panic fans, I know all their songs. Whereas most people only know Lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off and But its Better if you do. And I've listended to them since HFestival and small basement shows thruout DC metro area. Its been good and bad seeing them become popular due to MTV. Pretty much, DEATH to MTV. They ruin good bands. It's mainly Panics (and Fall Out Boys, which I've also listened to before they were signed) girly "OMGZ I'M PANICS BIGGEST FAN CUZ I ONLY NO 3 OF THUR SONGZZZZ!!!111!!" that I hate.

THE PROPHECY HAS BEEN FULFILLED.

Its been good and bad seeing them become popular due to MTV. Pretty much, DEATH to MTV. They ruin good bands. It's mainly Panics....

So you're saying that Panic didn't suck that bad live until the played the VMAs? You're also saying that they didnt completely disgrace Smashing Pumpkins and Radiohead before then too, I suppose....

Yeah, there's no such thing as an emo that's had a really bad life. They have to have pretty good if they can afford all that hair product.

Exactly. Every single emo I see comes from a good background (money, supportive family, etc.). The philosophy is so hypocritical, as they complain about the life that they are living, breathing, and enjoying. Whatever. I could care less about the weirdos that continually inhabit TV, schools, and malls. It'll die down soon enough.

meh emo is over-rated....it seems everyone wants to be emo now but yea and IMHO being emo is pointles...."yay! i cut myself and listen to music that isnt even music!" i mean seriously i can get a guy to play an easy guitar riff while i scream my lungs out about how my boyfriend left me and now i try to cause myself pain....seriously its pointless lol

When you've been emo [i never dressed that way, but I suresed to hell acted that way] you know. I've had a crappy life. A reaaallyy crappy life, I got over it though. Some people just don't have the power to do that.

If you don't beleive me and you think I'm just BSing, you can send me a PM and I'll tell you.

Most of them have had pretty 5h177y lives though.

Actually, most of the time its just an act. A group if you will.

^Everyones life is crappy in some way. Remember, thats a relative term. Everyone has their ups and downs. Its how you deal with the ups and downs that makes you who you are. In the end, its all your choice - no one elses.

Most of them have had pretty 5h177y lives though.

Actually, most of the time its just an act. A group if you will.

^Everyones life is crappy in some way. Remember, thats a relative term. Everyone has their ups and downs. Its how you deal with the ups and downs that makes you who you are. In the end, its all your choice - no one elses.

inspirational i must say

Emo kids are amazing! They have no gratitude, they complain about their lives, and they look funny. I mean, wtf? They have no right to complain. If anything, people in 3rd world countries should be complaining that freaks like these are pretending they have it tough.

Emo kids are amazing! They have no gratitude, they complain about their lives, and they look funny. I mean, wtf? They have no right to complain. If anything, people in 3rd world countries should be complaining that freaks like these are pretending they have it tough.

I think the third world comparison is a bit much, considering these people don't live in a third world country. People who live there are used to it. When your dad kills himself accidentally when you're four years old, it's something you can't get used to. [i used my example.] That’s only one of the things that have happened to me. I can't play sport well, I can't do a lot of things, I never had a dad to take me fishing, or take me swimming. Do the things "dads" do. Emos tend to have these kind of problems. Some of them have things gone as far as sexual abuse when they were children.

How can you say it's an act, how can you know that? How can you just reach into their mind and know this? Some people get made fun of at school. Some people, don't like themselves because of this. When you've been called something like "useless," or "worthless" your whole life, you're just led to believe that's how you really are.

It's human nature to have a low self esteem at times, but sometimes things surpass that. Teenagers are going through more pressure today than ever before, to look a certain way, act a certain way, and etc. A person you people call "emo" could be a great person on the inside. People who judge by looks are a bit prejudice don't you think?

The following is an article I wrote to "The Magazine: Not For Adults" that was featured as the vocal of the month.

Self Mutilation

You guys should do a KIDS HELP PHONE article on self harm, and self mutilation. It's so sad what these people go through, and they need some recognition. Most of them have had really hard lives and need somebody to turn to. Please help these fellow peers, and allow them to live a normal live. Don't just call them "emo" as that is a derogatory term used to discriminate others. Some people do not realise this, but insinuating that another is "emo" can cause greater emotional harm and lower their self esteem more than the problems already bestowed upon them have caused.

Signed, Sorry For Harmers.

Kids Help Phone counsellors are now preparing an article for an upcoming issue of the magazine. See, the thing is, that magazine put "emo" in their "TOP TEN: Fads that have gone boring." list. Basically contradicting their reply to my entry. See, "emo" is simply a label. Nothing more. There were "emos" before the term even became common language. It never annoyed people then, but now, it's also a fad to hate them. Sure, there are emos that are just following a fad, but some of them actually do hate themselves.

People say "well, if you hate life so much, why don't you just kill yourself, get it over with." People don't see what this is doing, this is just making them feel more worthless. I don't see how a person could get satisfaction out of making a person feel pointless. A lot of times, when a person feels bad about themselves, they're on the verge of going into manic depression. Cutting themselves is actually a way to relieve emotional pain. Some people would rather have physical pain than emotional pain. It works as a release.

Now, I don't know the physics of it, or why it works, I just know it does, from experience. I know this is probably going to give me a bad reputation here, but I have cut my wrists. I was told that my dad wanted another girl when my mom got pregnant again. They even had a name planned for me if I was a girl. I grow up, and I find this out. This made me feel like I was part of the reason my dad got depressed. His death was because of accidental overdose. He was depressed, and had a drinking problem. I know that I am basically stating things that happened in my life, but I'm sure someone else could relate.

Though it's my personal opinion, I think we should help people like that feel better about themselves, not worse.

Now lets get off this topic and talk about the CD, which this thread was originally meant for.

The CD sounds great. I like My Chemical Romance. Even when they were "emo."

My fingers hurt now...