Pizza Anyone?

Your Favorite Pizza Company!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!

What Is YOUR Favorite Pizza Provider?

Me N Eds
1%
Pizza Hut
20%
Dominos
8%
Papa John's
12%
California Pizza Kitchen
6%
Round Table
1%
Little Caesars
6%
Ma & Pa Pizza Place (Independantly Owned)
13%
Other - Not Listed
35%

Total votes : 104

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Pizza Anyone?

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:41 pm

Philrad71 wrote:...^ Bill - I would definitely like to try that crazy looking pizza! Were the peppers on there hot?

Unfortunately, we never tried one of these HUGE things, when we were in China (TPR 2012 Tour),
where we saw it offered. So I really can't tell you if the peppers were hot or not. My loss, I guess. :smile:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:26 pm

Every major pizza chain sucks. The one exception might be Uno but I don't really think of that as pizza. I know I'm a N.Y. guy but I don't mean that as an insult. Deep dish is delicious but comparing that to N.Y. style pizza is like comparing apples to oranges. They're very different things (but they're both awesome).

Since we're in the N.Y area we can call up basically any place around that's not a chain and get great pizza (something we're really spoiled by), but I won't bore anyone with hole-in-the-wall pizza places nobody has ever heard of. I'm a pizza snob and rarely bother with pizza outside of the N.Y area because living in North Carolina for a few months taught me better. Despite that though there are always some exceptions and 2 of my top 3 fall into that category. So not that anyone cares but my top 3 would be:

3) Cesari's Pizza: Knoebels
Unless you're in a major city, trying to get a good slice of pizza in Pennsylvania is damn near impossible. That being said Knoebels defies logic and this stuff is wonderful. And nothing washes down a delicious slice of Cesari's better than a tall glass of Knoebels Kool Aid which I routinely sip every single day.

2) Lombari's Pizza: NYC
If someone were to ask me what the best slice of pizza was, I'd tell them it was Lombardi's. #1 is kind of a nostalgia thing for me but Lombardi's is world class. Everyone needs to check this place out. It's a staple of Scott's Pizza Tour and it should be.

1) I'm sorry guys but... Grotto Pizza: Delaware
Let me start this off by saying that there are Grotto Pizza locations in Pennsylvania. They all suck, but the ones in Delaware are incredible. I grew up eating this stuff on family vacations and I absolutely adore it. Nothing annoys me more then Pizza places trying to copy N.Y. pizza because they usually fail (cough... Nicola). Grotto doesn't try to copy anything, they did something completely different and it's great. Your mileage may vary though, it's definitely a little different.

lol and I just realized how arrogant that sounded. Sorry, living here just spoils you in the Pizza department. The weather sucks, the taxes suck but we have some damn good pizza and we're proud of that lol.

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:53 pm

^I love pizza and have been dying to try some legit NY-Style pizza. I'll be going to the area in April and I'll definitely have to try some of those! I plan to order pizza as much as I can in the three weeks I'm up there.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:20 am

Wrong side of the continent, for awesome New York Pizza. :(

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:16 pm

As far as chains go, Shakespeare's is the best I've had, followed closely by Arris. I've always been partial to Imo's, as a local chain here (based in St. Louis). That said, nothing beats a pizza you make yourself, in your own kitchen.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:44 pm

I finally remembered the US chain we always went to,
south of the border, in Bellingham WA...
Shakey's_US_logo.png
We enjoyed the menu variety, the service, and the pizzas were great!

Girls don't like me because I can play RCT better than you

Postby TheCoasterKid211 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:57 am

Anthony's Coal Fired is my favorite, it's a little chain a few miles from my house. The slices are huge, the pizza is AMAZING, and even though it looks charred, it doesn't taste burnt. The best pizza out there, by far, even though it's a little pricey.
| |Alpengeist| |Cheetah Hunt| |Kumba| |Mako| |Intimidator 305| |
"Yeah, I like coasters. Yes, I'm a kid. Don't know what the 211 means, but whatever." Check out my TR thread!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:31 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:I finally remembered the US chain we always went to,
south of the border, in Bellingham WA...

Shakey's was the first pizza I ever ate back when I was a wee lad.
Last edited by cfc on Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:32 pm.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:12 pm

Been a while, but my vote goes to ...

PIZZA HUT, ONLY because of how it works in
it's overseas Asian chains. Which are basically RESTAURANTS, with seating
and menus, and awesome food things to choose from. Their menus are to die for.

And we did, from week to week, LOL. Back in the TPR 2012 China Tour.
Resize of IMG_1107.JPG
TPR 2012 China Tour. And I forget the city this was taken, in.

Seems So Surreal

Postby mike541x » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:23 am

My favorites are Chicago Uno's and Ledo pizza (mostly a Maryland chain). I used work for both Papa John's and Domino's for a while, occasionally I still order PJ's but after two years at Domino's, I learned to never eat their food ever again.

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random