Pizza Anyone?

Your Favorite Pizza Company!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!

What Is YOUR Favorite Pizza Provider?

Me N Eds
1%
Pizza Hut
20%
Dominos
8%
Papa John's
12%
California Pizza Kitchen
6%
Round Table
1%
Little Caesars
6%
Ma & Pa Pizza Place (Independantly Owned)
13%
Other - Not Listed
35%

Total votes : 104

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Re: Pizza Anyone?

Postby boldikus » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:48 am

My votes go for

Macks Pizza - Wildwood Boardwalk

and

City Pizza - 16th & Oregon, Philly

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:27 am

Are there any good pizza spots in Buena Park, near Knott's?

I'm now planning to be there for West Coast Bash, and I'll probably be staying in Buena Park,
so I thought I would ask the locals down there.

I found a bunch, through the internet, but that doesn't tell me what's really good, etc.

Thanks in advance! :)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Arran82 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:34 am

Pizza Hut seems to be favourite, in England it used to be good but then turned to shit. Dominoes is by far the better pizza.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Duff » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:07 am

Arran82 wrote:Pizza Hut seems to be favourite

To be accurate, Pizza Hut is the favorite national chain in this thread. The #1 favorite overall is "Not Listed" which means that independent/local pizza restaurants win. Nice! :)

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:55 am

Dominos is the best chain IMO. Pizza Hut is pretty terrible, surprised its the favorite chain here.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:22 pm

To be fair, freshness plays a huge role in most of the chains. I have had terrible Dominos, Pizza Hut, Little Caesar's and Papa John's pizzas, but I have also had really good pizza from them all. So it would be difficult for me to say which one I think is the best.

Same could be said for fast food. I have really good Whoppers, Quarter Pounders, Bacon Cheeseburgers from the big three chains and then downright atrocious burgers & fries from all.

That's why I rarely frequent chain restaurants as most seem to have that Jekyll & Hyde syndrome going on where you never know what you're going to get when you order. Locally family owned business know more is at stake, so they tend to cook with a little more passion and strive for better quality than most chains do.

When we order or go out for pizza, we have two family-owned businesses (Pace's & Pizza Express) that we frequent that blows all of the chain pizzas out of the water. Sure, you will pay more for them, but the quality is tons better and there are usually way more toppings on the pies.

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:58 pm

I have a special relationship with Round Table. There's one really close by and when I don't want to cook, they're a pretty tasty and quick solution. One time, I said something about my cats in the order comments just to be weird, and they thought it was hilarious and put me down in the computer as the "cat house." So ever since then, they've drawn cats on our boxes when we order pizza.

IMG_2643.jpg

My family has a long history with Papa Murphy's too and I still enjoy their pizza, but I've gotten kinda sick of it after having the same pizza every week for about 10 years.

Of course, the best pizza I've ever had was in Chicago and New Jersey. I'm looking forward to getting some legit New York style pizza from the area in April. Of course local places are better than chains. But for not-too-expensive nearby pick-up on a Friday night, I'd much rather have Round Table than Dominoes, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns, Little Caesars, etc.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:54 pm

^ That's very cool of them to do that. :smile:
PizzaHutCheeseburgerPizza2013.jpg
Hey, when your pizza can look like this.... Go Pizza Hut! (o;
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby Philrad71 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:39 am

^^ Awww....your Siamese in the background looks a lot like a cat I used to have (Dakota passed from cancer in 2012).

^ Bill - I would definitely like to try that crazy looking pizza! Were the peppers on there hot?

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:30 pm

Philrad71 wrote:^^ Awww....your Siamese in the background looks a lot like a cat I used to have (Dakota passed from cancer in 2012).

Awww, poor guy :( Yeah a lot of the Siamese look so similar! And soooo cute :lover: Here's one of Jin's horrified looks
IMG_2140.jpg
This picture cracks me up

And two more Round Table creations.
IMG_2519.jpg
IMG_2577.jpg
My favorite box
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random