Switch to full style
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Post a reply

Re: Your City's Skyline

Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:46 am

Midgetman82 wrote:The only one I could find of Louisville, Kentucky. I don't really go downtown often, if at all.
904668_10202172982711515_2092833442_o.jpg

I guess I should've posted this for my city. I live about 25 minutes away.

Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:12 am

Even though it's not my true home city, it's the only city I've ever really felt a deep connection with.

Ah, beautiful Pittsburgh.

Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:56 pm

I live in downtown (aka uptown) Charlotte and this is what I see every night.....
Attachments
charlotte.jpg

Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:49 pm

A bit of Vancouver Skyline, from the Sky Wheel at Playland...
Attachments
IMG_7119.JPG
It's there. Waaayyyy over there. (o;
IMG_7119.JPG (155.29 KiB) Viewed 1676 times

Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:35 pm

My city is so small we barely even have a skyline, but Mobile, Alabama (a.k.a. "People who think they saw a Leprechaun viral video city"), which is just 45 minutes away from me, has a rather small, but very nice skyline (and is a very good city). They have the tallest building in Alabama, and the same building is also the tallest building on the Gulf Coast outside of Houston.

EDIT: Moving here soon.

This was taken during the 2013 Mardi Gras season, Mobile was actually where Mardi Gras first started in 1703
Last edited by YOLO on Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:59 pm.

Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:03 pm

^ Interesting building on the left, there. Is the top of it purely ornamental, or
is there some actual task it does, or is composed of? Great Mardi Gras shot, too! :smile:

Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:07 pm

Ah, St. Louis. A city filled with corruption, fragmentation, pollution, declining population, abandonment, idiots, racism, tornadoes, floods, no building taller than 600 ft., and an overall lack of competence. But, hey, at least we have the Arch! :lmao:

In all seriousness, it is a great, albeit frustrating, lazy, and stupid city.

EDIT: Seeing that this picture has already been posted, here is a few more:

Image A bit blurry, but its a good shot of the city.

Image Our light rail system, with the Arch in the background.

Image Our empty, starved downtown. (Seriously, every significant business has left downtown)

Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:50 am

Here is the closest city to me with a skyline.
skyline.JPG
skyline.JPG (122.09 KiB) Viewed 1624 times

Good ol' Boston

Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:57 pm

^^^^ As a former native Alabamian, I really had no idea that Mobile has the tallest architecture in the state. Interesting...are you sure of that? Nice pic! I used to visit there often to see my kin. The city looks great at night from across the bay at Fairhope.

Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:14 pm

thrillerman1 wrote:^^^^ As a former native Alabamian, I really had no idea that Mobile has the tallest architecture in the state. Interesting...are you sure of that?

It's true. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSA_Battle_House_Tower
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS