TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Airline do you fly?

I was just siting here remebering my trip to NYC when I started thinking about Airlines.... SO further more what Airline do you fly with?

Since going to NYC was my first "big" airplane ride so I'll just go with what I rode with... I rode with AirTran... It was pretty enjoyable, It was quick and quite, and it had built in XM to the arm rests so you could listen as you flew... It was a pretty small plane though (737) only holding just over 100 people, but the small croud was nice... Although when (or if) I take the trip to Italy and Switzerland I should be flying Delta... but AirTran will hold a special place with me.... So what airline do you fly?

Phillie.jpg.13b6bdb1e6a2a04cb5a48e219507d657.jpg

Now I leave you with a picture of us flying over Phillie at 80,00+ feet

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate Airtran. Usually the fares aren't lower than normal carriers, their delays suck, as do their seats and in-flight service.

Anyway, I'm a United guy. They're probably my favorite so far, but Northwest is also pretty good. (But I really miss TWA! They were the best, and American sucks.)

However, in three weeks, I'm flying on Cathay Pacific to China. I've been told that it's the best airline in the world (it has won many awards), so I'll have to see how it is.

I used to pretty much go exclusively with Delta. They were very convenient for where and when I would fly and I was Gold Medallion Level with them so I got a lot of perks.

Now with all the airlines sucking more and more, and cutting back on the Frequent Flyer programs, I just go with the cheapest and most convenient.

I fly Delta and United the most.

With US Air's trimming of flight out of PIT, I find myself flying on AirTran more than ever before. Pretty good airline for the price and I really dig that most of their fleet is relatively new.

If I am heading south, it is usually AirTran or US Air.

If I am heading west, it is usually United or America West.

For NY, Chicago or Boston, Southwest and JetBlue are my options.

// TED Airlines RULES!

I have flown American, United, America West/US Air, Delta/Song, Continental

My favorite was Song. Sure it was a bit gimmicky but they had low fares for non-stops between LAS - MCO. I used them quite a few times when I was working seasonal at Disney. Now they have just reabsorbed themselves back into mainline Delta.

I've been pretty loyal to America West/US Air since 2002 therefore I have many FF miles with them.

Unfortunately because most of my travel is work related recently I don't always get a choice, but on the upside is that I have at least some miles on those other carriers.

In the old days, we flew Eastern. Then it was onto United. We had a contract with United for business which meant I had no choice. We've just recently changed to American, which I like much better than United, here's why:

In January of '03 I had to fly to Portland to meet with brokers and Port of Portland personnel, we booked through United as we we had to. It just so happened that Portland was getting the worst snow/ice storm they'd had in over 20 some odd years. My first flight was cancelled, then the second. Meanwhile the broker kept calling to make sure I was going because it was of the utmost importance. So I finally get on the last flight for the day (I had to upgrade to Business Class) and I'm off.

Upon landing we can't even see the runway or the airport navigation lights. The entire place was covered in snow, the pilot was literally revving the engines to full throttle to get through snow drifts on the taxiways. We pull in and the airport informs us we're the last flight in and everything in and out is cancelled for the next day...at the least. People are sacked out all over, the Red Cross is handing out food an drinks. It's a mess. I managed to get down to baggage claim only to find out my bag in MIA. They tell me to call the Luggage Hotline in the morning and report it missing if it doesn't show up at the Hotel.

Make a long story short, they keep telling me they have no record of the luggage leaving O'Hare. They have no record of it at all. I'm stuck in Portland with what I'm wearing (because United refuses to offer me any cash) for three days. I was ripe. I get back to O'Hare, after driving to Seattle to fly back (flights were still not leaving Portland), ask the luggage attendant there if my bag is there...Nope.

Two weeks later, my Mother calls and says that United has dropped off my luggage. Meanwhile, I had replaced everything in the suitcase....

All that and the meeting never took place. The broker (that works across the street from us) cancelled it becasue she didn't want to fly out after she heard all the problems I was having. Grrrrr.

End Rant.

If possible, I fly Air Canada. If I am flying to the US I stick with US Air or for the first time this year, Delta. I avoid United based on 2 bad experiences in 1 week. I have flown Continental and AA once or twice but they are not usually on my radar.

I was a longtime supporter of Delta, being in a hub and all, but with their money issues they have sucked recently, so in the past 2 years I've flown Air Tran about 90% of the time.

Living in a hub is kinda cool but I'd rather be in the hub of some nicer airlines

I hate Airtran. Usually the fares aren't lower than normal carriers, their delays suck, as do their seats and in-flight service.

That's weird seeing as you are in Iowa, I looked into flying up to Moline a few weeks ago on a 5-day purchase and I could still get a rate under $200 on Air Tran. Not bad, IMO.

BUT I agree that they aren't much of a discount airline anymore.. and if you dont like the seats pay $35 to upgrade to business class

- Joe, who loves Airtran's cheap day-of-flight upgrades 8)

^ Airtran is strange in that regard. Their prices are either cheap:

- Way before the trip

- Right before the trip (not during holidays, though).

Not in the middle. It's really bizzare how they do that. Whenever you check on a travel site, they are either the cheapest or most expensive.

I can usually find cheaper fares on Northwest though. They have really cheap fares anymore.

I have to admit, I'm glad that Airtran is at our airport. Even though I don't like flying them, they drive down the fares a ton at Moline (our airport). Compare our fares and Des Moines'. Ours are always cheaper, unless you get a special. While we don't have all the routes or the number of people Des Moines has, and almost all our planes are regionals, our airport is nicer and cheaper.

I have flown American, United, America West/US Air, Delta/Song, Continental

My favorite was Song. Sure it was a bit gimmicky but they had low fares for non-stops between LAS - MCO. I used them quite a few times when I was working seasonal at Disney. Now they have just reabsorbed themselves back into mainline Delta.

I've been pretty loyal to America West/US Air since 2002 therefore I have many FF miles with them.

Unfortunately because most of my travel is work related recently I don't always get a choice, but on the upside is that I have at least some miles on those other carriers.

Song's 757's are still flying for Delta, all they changed was they added a first class cabin. I'm not sure if they still offer the same bistro/cocktail menu, though, as I loved that. The touch screen mp3/movie/tv's are still there, though. Also the leather seats will still be there. My understanding is that Delta is going to use these planes for longer haul flights, such as CVG-LAS, JFK-LAX, ATL-SLC, etc.

-James Dillaman