Photography

Share your photographs with people
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Photography

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:52 pm

Since this is in "The Season" (boo to you), I thought to post these great fuzzy spooky great (to me) shots
of Coaster in Playland(PNE), during my Fright Night visit, a year ago (Oct.24th, actually). And I am sure
that all that "fog" that Playland was piping into the park, and spilling out, was making "the look" of Coaster even better!

I didn't realize it at the time, but when I got on the West Coast Wheel, I saw that all the playing fields
behind Coaster, all had their overhead night lights on. And, it was making Coaster look really REALLY COOL!
And after I watched one coaster train careen through the track, I immediately had to take pix of it all!

I am hoping the lights will be on again, when I go back on the 17th. And if they aren't on... :sad: oh well, I got
some great shots last year's visit! :smile:
IMG_5683.JPG
IMG_5685.JPG
IMG_5687.JPG
IMG_5688.JPG
Halloween03.jpg
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:52 pm

^ I LOVE the photos!! Thanks for sharing! :lover:
Bigger is not always better.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:58 pm

^ Thanks! Unfortunately, the circumstances were not what they were, like last year.
Same number of the lights were on, behind Coaster. But the "fog" that originated in the park,
was really REALLY not there, and "not that much," compared to how it spewed out last year.

A shame. :(

This is the Only Photo I took, of Coaster from the Wheel.
IMG_8390.JPG
I think "fog" would have made a big difference in this shot. Just sayin'. Oct.17,2018.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:55 am

I'm picking a new lens out - specifically for theme park stuff, any photography people have preference between a XX-200 vs XX-300 zoom lens? I want to think that having that extra reach is important with the 300mm zoom when snapping stuff like far away moving roller coasters, but I'm fearful of camera shake and loss of image quality above 200mm.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Invertalon » Fri May 03, 2019 5:19 am

AJ,

I have used a 70-200mm f/2.8 lens for years and it’s fantastic for park photography. I often will find myself using a 1.4x converter at times to give me ~280mm when needed.

What exactly are your lens options? Because I’d take a better quality XX-200mm lens and crop over a poorer quality XX-300mm lens. Put priority into the quality of the lens itself.

Typically, the larger the zoom range, you sacrifice image quality somewhere. Not always significant anymore though, newer high end lenses from Canon/Nikon perform great on both ends of the range.

If you are taking pictures of moving coasters, typically your shutter speed is high enough anyway that camera shake is non-issue. IS still helps of course, but is not really required unless shooting at lower shutter speeds.

There are so many lens options though, which specifically are you looking at? In terms of 200mm vs 300mm though, a XX-300mm is a more useful park range. But again, I’d pick quality over zoom range.
-Steve

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sun May 19, 2019 4:45 pm

Wow, geez, I missed this. I'm so sorry!

I ended up grabbing the newer Nikon AF-P 70-300mm (lightly pre-owned). In the past 3-4 weeks I have found the over-200 range useful a few times and the autofocus is lightning-fast on that thing. Unfortunately manual focus is tougher for me because I physically can't see the fine changes in focus through the viewfinder. Shake is tough way out at that range though. After a big trip in a few months (where I need to travel light), my next investment will be a tripod.

Most of the time though, I've been using the 18-55 kit lens as a daily driver.

Image above was with the 70-300 at 98. Nowhere near the end of the range but that quality has been consistent for pretty much 95% of the range, so I'm satisfied as a hobbyist.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:38 pm

Recently bought the Canon 80D because it was on sale, also picked up an iPad Pro w/ Apple Pencil for editing in Lightroom.

Here's some shots I've taken, mainly from Carowinds

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:35 pm

This was one of several I took of that well-known DCA restaurant's tower,
being slowly devoured, by all those "Halloween inspired" lights. :evil:
IMG_1220.JPG
Sept.10, 2019. After "World of Color" was over.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:37 pm

Here's the first view we saw of the Millennium Falcon, when we toured through Black Spire Outpost, on our first day in Disneyland a couple of weeks ago. Really breathtaking to see it, truth! We later rode Smuggler's Run (twice) and just enjoyed the whole atmosphere of the place. And Oga's Cantina? Well.... yeah! :smile:
IMG_0989.JPG
Sept.09/19.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:48 pm

And here's another, from our Disneyland Resort visit...
IMG_1037.JPG
A nice shot of The Castle. Sept.09/19.

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random