Photography

Share your photographs with people
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Photography

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:51 pm

^ Mile High Falls looks like a YOU WILL GET WET ride from start to finish!

Great set of photos, thanks for sharing!
And black and white still rawks for me! :smile:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:06 pm

Here's a couple of the same shot I took today, one psyched up a touch.... :wink:
IMG_6286.JPG
6-11-14 ~ Coaster at Playland(PNE). Clear blue sky behind it. Then...
IMG_6286alt.JPG
The same shot. Exposure-ized! (o:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby BigDipper 80 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:55 pm

So I'm probably going to be getting a Canon T5i soon, and I can either get the kit 18-55mm and a 55-270mm lens or trade them in and get a Tamron 18-270 mm lens for essentially the same price. Seeing as the price is essentially the same in this situation, would it be worth the convenience of having the Tamron instead of the two Canon lenses? I don't know enough about this stuff yet and I'm looking to solicit some opinions from people who know more about it than me. ;)

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:26 pm

I used to own a Tamron zoom lens that went from 17 to 200+mm, but eventually traded it in because my biggest peeve with it was that it didn't have any stabilization built into it, so a lot of my zoomed-in photos were sometimes blurry. I'd prefer any zoom lens with a stabilizer built in to reduce shakiness. I still have and use my kit and 55-250mm lens and they still shoot great photos, but if the Tamron lens you listed has any sort of vibration reduction or image stabilization in it, I'd think it's a good buy... just my two cents though.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Location: noun - a place of settlement, activity, or residence

Postby bottom_feeder_13 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:52 pm

If money matters you can definitely get the Canon stuff for less, see this refurbished kit or this brand new one that includes a case and a memory card. That said the newer Tamron 18-270 VC is a strong lens for its class and definitely wins in portability but will most likely have more distortion and color fringing which could impact your photos, the image quality is only fair while the Canon 55-250 is optically one of the strongest lenses ever made at its price. Also worth adding might be a Canon 50 f/1.8 which would be great if you ever need to shoot in low light and costs just over $100.

In conclusion if price matters you can get a better deal on the Canon and the Canon will provide better image quality (not necessarily super important if you are just taking snapshots) while the Tamron is undeniably more convenient. If you really want to get the most for your money try browsing the used departments at both B&H and Adorama as well as KEH.
RIP
Log Jammer, SFMM
1971-2011

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby BigDipper 80 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:47 am

^ and ^^, thanks for the feedback. The lens I'm looking at does have image stabilization which should be nice, but I'm going to check them out at the store before I purchase one way or the other. I primarily do architecture shots and around theme parks (obviously), and I think the convenience factor of the Tamron would be nice as long as there isn't a big drop in image quality. At any rate, it'll be better than my current point-and-shoot.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Invertalon » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:16 am

Keep in mind... The bigger the zoom ratio, the worse the image quality generally is. This is why the high end zooms (Around $2,000 for example) only have a 2-3x zoom ratio. That is for a good reason. That Tamron 18-270mm is a 15x zoom... There will be big compromises in quality. I would not expect super sharp results, and reviews will confirm that.

For a cheap price, you can't go wrong with the 55-250 IS. Great little kit lens addition for the price.
-Steve

Pro Rock-O-Plane Flyer

Postby nannerdw » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:09 pm

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Atter » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:33 pm

Here is an edited picture of Goliath at Six Flags Great America that I took!
photo.JPG
Goliath!
Best Steel Coaster-X-Flight(So Far)
Best Wooden Coaster-Goliath(So Far)
Coaster Count-122(Steel:103,Wood:19)

My RCT3 Park-www.wildnorthwest.com(Website) WILD NORTHWEST(Thread)

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Invertalon » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:06 pm

Some pics from a recent hotel stay... The hotel opened a few days before we arrived (Hilton's Homewood Suites). Was a really nice hotel nearby to Kings Island. I did not expect all the park photography in the room, cool touch!

Image1B5A0268.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

Image1B5A0270.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

Image1B5A0285.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

Image1B5A0282.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

Image1B5A0278.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

Image1B5A0290.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr
-Steve

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random