Movies, Movies, Movies.....

P. 594 - The Lion King Review!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Re: Movies, Movies, Movies.....

Postby RCT3Bross » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:09 am

Just got home from seeing The Rise of Skywalker.
The 9th and final chapter of the Star Wars saga.
Well there are things I don't like there is a lot of things I did. This was the scale I wanted Return of the Jedi to be, this sense of finality that I still felt robbed from in RotJ by those teddy-bears. No this movie did it so much better. I really liked that RoS did it own thing while not forgetting it had to wrap up 8 movies. I like to get more into this movie but that means spoilers.

The Sequel trilogy:
I want to look back just on these 3 movie's. It's definitely my least favorite trilogy, I don't think episode 9 did enough that watching episode 7 and 8 in with all the information is as much fun as watching episodes 1 and 2 after watching episode 3. The OT had just a great story but like the sequel trilogy wasn't as mapped out like the prequels.
All the trilogies had there ups and downs but this is how I place them:
1. Prequels: (Episodes 1 and 2 lacked in the main story but Episode 3 made it a nice package.)
2. Original: (All three Episodes had a great main story but 4 has some problems after watching Episode 6 that prove this wasn't mapped out as much as people like to believe.)
3. Sequels (I enjoyed all three again, Episode 8 had a great main story but a bad side story. Abrams return was good to fill the gaps created by Episode 7 but no this felt as much mapped out as the OT)
It falls in the last place but I love each trilogy and I can't wait to watch all 9 movies in a row.

One thing I didn't like for RoS includes a small spoiler but was present in the teaser so SPOILERS if you didn't watch that:
The Emperors return was done the only way I wouldn't like it. That said he was used right.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:50 pm

We just saw Knives Out on Monday. Really enjoyed it, especially with the twist at the end.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby mikeykaise » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:31 am

^ I agree, I was like damn it, I had it completely wrong after I saw the ending, I thought I had it spot on.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:00 pm

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

^

After 'he' planned to help 'her' out, I suspected something was up with 'him.' ;)

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:12 pm

Kirk Douglas just passed away. At age 103! And he was in one of my all-time fave Disney films....
20,000leaguesDVD.jpg
...with James Mason as the great Captain Nemo.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby RCT3Bross » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:03 pm

I saw Sonic today. I have to say not bad, a solid 7/10 if I had to rate it. Most of the movie was just generic toys, Videogame, anime movie adaptation aka let's bring in the military and a human side-kick, but the movie had an opportunity for one of the oldest cliché and didn't even attempt it which made me very happy because I always hated it. I also had to watch the Dutch version that also soured the experience what means I probably would have enjoyed the movie more if I had watched the English version.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:35 pm

Just hit with a movie casting revelation!

Found out before the holidays, that FOLLIES was finally going to be made as a film.
This is following a HUGE London Revival that was repeated with a totally new cast a year later!

So, I had an epiphany. Could the cast of CHICAGO(2002) be a repeat for these 4 parts in FOLLIES?....

Sally - Renee Zellweger
Phyillis - Catherine Zeta-Jones
Buddy - John C. Reilly
Benjamin - Richard Gere ....

Hmmm? Possible? ;)

EDIT TO ADD: Then I came up with Meryl Streep for Carlotta ("I'm Still Here"),
and Renee Fleming for the Opera Singer, Heidi Schiller.
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:39 pm.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:09 am

RCT3Bross wrote:I saw Sonic today. I have to say not bad, a solid 7/10 if I had to rate it. Most of the movie was just generic toys, Videogame, anime movie adaptation aka let's bring in the military and a human side-kick, but the movie had an opportunity for one of the oldest cliché and didn't even attempt it which made me very happy because I always hated it. I also had to watch the Dutch version that also soured the experience what means I probably would have enjoyed the movie more if I had watched the English version.

I too was pleasantly surprised by Sonic. It wasn't amazing, but that movie very well could have been just a cash grab, but it was solid. In retrospect, that makes sense considering the studio was willing to delay that film a few months to correct Sonic's design after the initial trailer.

Although you missed one thing in your recap, Olive Garden. :lol:
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Universal Orlando/Islands of Adventure & Disneyland

Previous

Return to Random, Random, Random