Movies, Movies, Movies.....

P. 594 - The Lion King Review!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Movies, Movies, Movies.....

Postby 9Armgeddon4 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:00 pm

Congrats to Avengers Endgame for being the movie to finally top Avatar at the box office.

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:16 pm

Anyone else seen The Farewell? One of my favorite films in quite awhile. Awkwafina really shows off her acting abilities beyond her normal comedic talents. The film itself takes you on an emotional roller coaster while navigating the divides between east/west cultures, as well as what unites us. Cannot recommend it enough.
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby CaptainUnknown » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:59 am

I saw It: Chapter 2 on Saturday night in a mostly full theater. I have never seen so many phones out in a movie before. At least a couple people filming. One person took a photo with the f**king flash on.

At least Bill Hader was good in the film.
Take a Journey Into The Unknown Latest Update: Locked in the Land of Oz

Parks: 23
Coasters: 130 (24 wood/106 steel)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:22 am

^ that's crazy!

and really why I only go to 1st run films at Alamo Drafthouse these days. no Phone rule, they catch you with your phone out, or texting during film? 1 warning, then your butt is GONE from the theater.

I saw "It: Chapter 2" yesterday, and my take on it?

I liked it, but I didn't LOVE it.

I know they trimmed it from 4 hour 1st cut to the just under 3 hour film we got . . . but it was still too long. It needed a good 25 minutes still cut from it. (in particular the Henry Bowers stuff, shoulda been left on cutting room floor or saved for special edition. Didn't add anything to the film other than running time).

the final battle needed at least 1 more script polish, as it was still confusing and simply doesn't work - ironic considering one of the running gags is that as a writer, Bill doesn't know how to end a story.

oh, don't get me wrong - what DOES work? works really well. And I was pleasantly surprised to see that the two best shockers in part 2 were teased in the final trailer - but the trailer didn't give away the "good" parts.

a few more Jump Scares than in part 1. . overall, it's a good film, but it's not a GREAT one. Which I think it could have been with some editing.

now, bring on the special release director's cut of parts 1 & 2 together, that will run 9 hours :)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Previous

Return to Random, Random, Random