Movies, Movies, Movies.....

P. 594 - The Lion King Review!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Movies, Movies, Movies.....

Postby 9Armgeddon4 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:00 pm

Congrats to Avengers Endgame for being the movie to finally top Avatar at the box office.

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:16 pm

Anyone else seen The Farewell? One of my favorite films in quite awhile. Awkwafina really shows off her acting abilities beyond her normal comedic talents. The film itself takes you on an emotional roller coaster while navigating the divides between east/west cultures, as well as what unites us. Cannot recommend it enough.
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby CaptainUnknown » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:59 am

I saw It: Chapter 2 on Saturday night in a mostly full theater. I have never seen so many phones out in a movie before. At least a couple people filming. One person took a photo with the f**king flash on.

At least Bill Hader was good in the film.
Take a Journey Into The Unknown Latest Update: Six Flags Over Texas

Parks: 23
Coasters: 130 (24 wood/106 steel)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:22 am

^ that's crazy!

and really why I only go to 1st run films at Alamo Drafthouse these days. no Phone rule, they catch you with your phone out, or texting during film? 1 warning, then your butt is GONE from the theater.

I saw "It: Chapter 2" yesterday, and my take on it?

I liked it, but I didn't LOVE it.

I know they trimmed it from 4 hour 1st cut to the just under 3 hour film we got . . . but it was still too long. It needed a good 25 minutes still cut from it. (in particular the Henry Bowers stuff, shoulda been left on cutting room floor or saved for special edition. Didn't add anything to the film other than running time).

the final battle needed at least 1 more script polish, as it was still confusing and simply doesn't work - ironic considering one of the running gags is that as a writer, Bill doesn't know how to end a story.

oh, don't get me wrong - what DOES work? works really well. And I was pleasantly surprised to see that the two best shockers in part 2 were teased in the final trailer - but the trailer didn't give away the "good" parts.

a few more Jump Scares than in part 1. . overall, it's a good film, but it's not a GREAT one. Which I think it could have been with some editing.

now, bring on the special release director's cut of parts 1 & 2 together, that will run 9 hours :)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:38 pm

I saw Joker last night and that was way different than any other comic book movie I've ever seen. Phoenix nailed the performance and the movie makes you feel uncomfortable throughout (and that's a good thing for me at least).
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Nickelodeon Universe (MN) & Family Kingdom

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:38 pm

Jo Jo Rabbit

We loved it! Total surprise and both the kid who plays Jo Jo and the actor playing "the Jew" should be nommed for an Oscar. And as well, Sam Rockwell....nominate him too for Supporting Roll.

I've never sat through a movie like this, laughing one minute, then totally stunned in silence in another. Really hard to describe it without giving a lot away. So, I won't.

Go see it...it will surprise you. Pretty sure it will. :b :b 9.8/10

(There is no perfect 10, to me. My 9.9/10 is "Chicago".)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I'll drink donkey urine before I'll drink a Pepsi.

Postby TroyRides Channel » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:43 pm

just got disney plus so will be watching many movies on that.
Please check out my theme park related channel.

https://youtu.be/Cwu1a_U1CjQ

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:11 am

Just saw this earlier this afternoon. And for our popcorn $...

Maleficent 2 > Maleficent 1

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:19 pm

We just came back from seeing FROZEN II earlier...and I am honestly conflicted about it.

This sequel was definitely story driven. Very intensely at times. The songs were strong, a couple were fun. But...

My problem was that David and I were in the theater with three other pairs of people, and a few children. All spread out, throughout the big theater. We were front and center, of the front section's back row (if that makes sense).

Stuff that was obviously funny, I found hearing myself laughing out loud and nobody else. Wierd. Then there was the emotional stuff, and I found myself so isolated from the movie....because there were only a few people in the audience. And children so young, I kept wondering how the heck they ever got anything out of it, except for maybe, Olaf? Still, felt off to me.

So, I want to see it again, but this time, NOT in IMAX. In 3D and on a regular sized screen, downtown. I actually did that with the first Frozen. I saw that one twice, because I just loved that Elsa Transformation on the big screen.

Anyway we'll see, till then... To Be Continued.

SPOILER ALERT

Although the revival of Olaf was a real tear-jerker, to us <grin>.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby mikeykaise » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:03 pm

My gf and I and her kids went and seen Knives Out, awesome movie and highly recommend it. I thought I had it figured out by the end but I was completely wrong. I was sitting there for like 10 mins after going over it in my mind like what the heck.... one of the best movies of the year.

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random