Movies, Movies, Movies.....

P. 592 - Aladdin Live Action Movie Review!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Site Admin

Re: Movies, Movies, Movies.....

Postby robbalvey » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:12 am

RCT3Bross wrote:I just heard boxes of popcorn fell and crying around the theater.

Huh. Maybe I'm just not invested enough in the characters to get emotional or I just felt that everything I expected to happen in this film happened, but at no point did I feel the slightest bit of "sadness" in any way towards anything that happened in the movie that would lead me to even think about "crying."

I also perhaps, just don't take comic book super hero movies THAT seriously, because, you know... they can travel through time and fall off buildings smashing into the ground or get punched in the face with giant weapons without showing a single scratch, but that's just me! :lmao:

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:42 pm

robbalvey wrote:
RCT3Bross wrote:I just heard boxes of popcorn fell and crying around the theater.

Huh. Maybe I'm just not invested enough in the characters to get emotional or I just felt that everything I expected to happen in this film happened, but at no point did I feel the slightest bit of "sadness" in any way towards anything that happened in the movie that would lead me to even think about "crying."

I also perhaps, just don't take comic book super hero movies THAT seriously, because, you know... they can travel through time and fall off buildings smashing into the ground or get punched in the face with giant weapons without showing a single scratch, but that's just me! :lmao:

I can't speak for everyone in my theater sitting off-course. But I can see your point Robb, in a way these are pieces created to have a fun time at the theater with family or friends. Heck I had a 20 minuted drive from the theater to home tears running down my face and laughing at myself that I was crying about a movie aimed to teenagers, I felt pretty dumb.
Thinking about it better, in 2012 I joined the MCU when Avengers hit theaters. Back in 2005 after Star Wars episode 3 I took a back seat around theaters only returning once in 2007 for POTC 3 and once in 2009 for Transformers 2 and twice in 2011 for POTC 4 and Transformers 4. As you can see I stuck with what I knew, I did see a trailer for Captain America 1 back in 2011 and I was genuinely interested until the part in the trailer where he run around in a blue PJ as I called it then, I didn't care for another action movie about one guy that could bring one maybe two sequels. Then late 2011 early 2012 (I can't remember) There was this "Hype" About a movie called the Avengers. I though why not watch the trailer? What got me "hooked" was the multiple superheroes working in a team. I remember thinking that it could be a universe I might get invested in. Right before going to watch Avengers my parents watched the movie Thor, I picked up only parts of the movie not the entire thing but Thor and Loki they looked familiar then it hit me. They where the same characters I was going to see in the Avengers movie, Thor was a movie of what came before, I wondered did the other Heroes have their own movie and I found out most did. I figured if I enjoy the Avengers I give them a shot. Well that all brought me to today (sorry for the rambling but I felt it was a bit necessary to get in my head). I've seen every MCU movie since in theaters, Seven years I spent watching these movies to see where all these characters I invested time in end up that indeed got me to cry.
I figure I was more hooked then I myself thought.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:34 pm

RCT3Bross wrote:Seven years I spent watching these movies to see where all these characters I invested time in end up that indeed got me to cry.

This is what Jack and I were talking about after the film....

The movie was trying to give this implication of everything coming to an "end" with all these characters, but...

- Spider-Man has a movie coming out in a couple of months.
- Guardians of the Galaxy also has a new movie (with what would appear with some new members joining the team.)
- We've got TV series announced with Hawkeye, Winter Soldier, Falcon, Scarlet Witch, Vision, and Loki
- And you can bet there will be another Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and from what it would appear from the end of the film another... well, I won't give it a way, movie or two.

I keep seeing this all over the internet: "A solo Black Widow movie is officially in the works" so.... huh?

I dunno... I guess I just looked at this movie as maybe an ending to a "chapter" but I highly doubt this will be the last time we see most of these characters, even some characters that we THINK we might not see again... :p

Nothing is ever "final" in the comic book world...
Last edited by robbalvey on Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:34 pm.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:48 pm

Like I said it felt like the end of a chapter to me, but not the end of the story but I think the reason so many people are viewing it as the end is that they've realized that they've followed every movie and every story and yet it could possibly out-live them and they won't see where it truly ends (just like comic books or soap operas) and so they are looking for a jumping-off point and using this to convince themselves they made it from start to finish.

I kind of think, even though it's just meaningless labels, this is why Marvel is now claiming Spider-Man is the end of 'phase 3' of Marvel movies as sort of an epilogue to it all and not actually the start of whatever comes next to try and convince people the universe they love is still there.

I'm personally in the camp of I'll see the characters I like with sequels or drop in on new movies I'm interested in. I think these last 2 Avengers movies have scared people into getting lost if they don't see all of them and that's why they will step out here.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:48 am

^^ I'm completely aware of all these movie's coming (soon), but yes Endgame feels like the end of a chapter or book that you know will get a sequel. It's in a sense over. I'm not planning on leaving the MCU anytime soon, but when the second chapter or book closes in who knows 11 years from now I just know it wouldn't be the same and as satisfying as Endgame, or in the unlikely event everybody returns and we get the team ups I can't right now image we will and then it will still be approach with caution. No I believe the MCU has peaked and I'm okay with that. That's how I have that sense closure.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:06 am

RCT3Bross wrote:It's in a sense over. I'm not planning on leaving the MCU anytime soon, but when the second chapter or book closes in who knows 11 years from now I just know it wouldn't be the same and as satisfying as Endgame. I believe the MCU has peaked and I'm okay with that. That's how I have that sense closure.

I am unable to relate to any of what you just said. It's a movie. And they've been making comic book movies and franchises since I can remember. I mean, I saw the original Superman The Movie in the theater in 1978. Everyone thought then that was the end-all, be-all Super Hero film.

Saying that you think super hero films have peaked with Endgame, to me that's like someone saying...

"I know that roller coasters have peaked at Magnum XL-200 and I'm okay with that..."

and then 10 years later....

"I know that roller coasters have peaked with Millennium Force and I'm okay with that..."

and then 10 years later...

"I know that roller coasters have peaked with Steel Vengeance and I'm okay with that..."

And then 10 years later...
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:31 am.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:13 pm

I'm glad I went into Avengers spoiler free. I really liked it. The movie did exactly what it needed to and also added in plenty of fan service.

The only downside was the theater I was in exited us directly into the parking lot so no one could use the restroom afterwards. :lol:
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Waldameer & Canada's Wonderland

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:55 am

I've stopped trying to review MCU films the same as I do with other films. As an individual film, Endgame is very messy, but as the end of an 11-year film series, it's hard to deny the good job it does tying up character arcs. It also manages to make 3 hours fly by, and the final action scene delivers.
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby 9Armgeddon4 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:04 pm

I saw the movie twice today actually and yeah it lived up to its hype. My favorite since in the entire movie is when all those portals appear at once and all those characters emerged through them. Now I can’t say it’s the best comic book (or MCU for that matter) I’ve seen.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:34 am

D5Rq69_WwAIT1Mj.jpg

So now that Avengers Endgame has made an INSANE $1.2 Billion Dollars and everyone that would care about spoilers has obviously seen it, it's okay to talk about the movie, now, right?

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random