Movies, Movies, Movies.....

P. 594 - The Lion King Review!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Movies, Movies, Movies.....

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:48 am

New poster released by DISNEY.

:lover:
Maleficent2019.jpg
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:36 am

Yesterday night I saw Captain Marvel.
It was better then expected. But this is the first Marvel Movie that didn't leave me wanting more. My first MCU movie was the Avengers in 2012, after seeing that movie I wanted to see what came before and what would follow. Each Marvel movie had something (A character story arc (Like Tony's arc), new rules to the universe (Like S.H.I.E.L.D. collapse) or just expanding the universe (Like Guardians did)) that I wanted to see continue. Maybe that is because this movie is set in the past and we know where all the returning characters end up and that a sequel most likely will only carry over Captain Marvel herself, one of the post credit scenes did leave me exited for Avengers Endgame but I can't count that as the Post Credit scene's most of the time hype up future Marvel movie's.
Overall the movie did things I like and things I didn't like. One thing I can say about things that I didn't like and remain Spoiler free is that I believe a lot of returning characters where underused and where used more like, remember me?, type of role.
I also want to touch on the Feminism aspect surrounding this film. There are some moments I did see as power to Females and men are dumb pigs, but honestly it didn't bother me and some things felt even era appropriate. I'm not really the one that cares enough, Heck there is a song in this movie that took me like half a minute to realize that song is only there because it's a female lead hero movie. I believe Captain Marvel is still a well rounded character with flaws, but I can see people disagreeing to that.
I usually don't give points but I believe a point is the best way to say how I felt about the movie.
7/10
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Location: I may live in the Carolinas, but my heart is still in Tampa

Postby Kw6sTheatee » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:58 am

Watching Captain Marvel tonight, thanks for the review RCT3Boss.
1. The Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix
I’ve ridden 139 Coasters, and have been a coaster enthusiast since 2013.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:36 pm

So far I have yet to hear anyone who has been wowed by Captain Marvel. It's a shame since the trailer looked pretty good.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:29 pm

TOTAL Capt.Marvel SPOILER ALERT

Did everybody who saw this movie, see the (eventual) connection to The Avengers:Endgame movie...?

That being, in the Avengers:Apocalypse credits, Nick Fury and his contact....uh....cellphone on the ground?
With that logo on it after he.....goes away?

Seems to me, Capt.Marvel is going to be part of that film coming up.... and how stuff goes back to normal. :wink:

IMhO.

***And although I haven't seen this movie yet, I have remembered pieces of A:A that clearly point to Capt.Marvel being a part of the Endgame film. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually repeated that Apocalypse scene (in the credits) with Fury, just to emphaize what's happening next in Endgame.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby jlp94 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:40 am

Captain Marvel was excellent! I found a lot of parallels with Guardians of the Galaxy, and GOTG is perhaps my favorite Marvel movie. So that's awesome!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby 9Armgeddon4 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:19 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:So far I have yet to hear anyone who has been wowed by Captain Marvel. It's a shame since the trailer looked pretty good.

I think one of the reasons for this is because some many fans found the lead role too boring and just plan uninteresting. It’s no wonder these fans were calling for a recast for Captain Marvel.

Speaking of Captain Marvel I just saw Shazam yesterday and I have to say it was great. Easily the better Captain Mavel movie.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:14 pm

^ I ended up seeing Captain Marvel and enjoyed it more than I expected. It's not one of the greatest Marvel movies, but it's an enjoyable film. Goose was awesome.

I also saw Shazam last week and thought it may have been the funniest superhero film I've seen. DC's recent films without Superman have been pretty good.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:36 am

I don't quite understand why scalpers think people would pay $1000+ for opening night tickets of End Game. They know it comes out earlier internationally right? At that price, if you're that hardcore a fan, just fly over somewhere see the movie Wednesday and have a mini vacation for that money instead.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby jlp94 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:49 am

One week from today I'll be seeing Endgame! Excitement! (And no spoilers, I promise)

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random