Movies, Movies, Movies.....

P. 594 - The Lion King Review!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Re: Movies, Movies, Movies.....

Postby DBru » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:27 am

^I have a MoviePass too! It’s been the highlight of my year and I think it’s exactly what we needed to reinvigorate the industry.

I’m absolutely obsessed with The Greatest Showman soundtrack right now. Thought the movie was a little cliche and rushed the first time I saw it, but after knowing what to expect, I loved it the second time.

My favorite award season films this year are Three Billboards, I Tonya, and The Shape of Water. And the biggest surprise of the year for me was Jumanji. Worst film of the year: The Circle.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:35 pm

Just saw Jumanji, and we had a great time with it. A few laugh out louds, for myself.
And Jack Black gets to be The Blonde he was always meant to be, LOL! And I always enjoy it,
when Dwayne Johnson is in some kind of comedy film. I like him this way! Being funny.

Not an EPIC movie, but a fun popcorn film. 8/10 :)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby RCT3Bross » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:23 pm

Glad to see we have a Solo a Star Wars story trailer, and I wanted to share some thoughts.
First glance it's my biggest complaint becoming reality. A movie about a character that wasted a space that could be filled in with a movie like R1. Yeah I'm not exited having these side movies fill in character back ground I want to see events. I'm even for a Bobba Fett movie if it's not about Bobba but about bounty hunters and have Bobba be a main player (not the main character) in a game between them.
I have the same reaction as the GotG trailers, I have no idea what's going on and it seems like fun. In a sense GotG became the SW of Marvel so I like to see Solo become the GotG of SW, AKA a fun movie about a A hole doing his thing.
I just try to be optemistic but I surely hope less Solo style movie's and more R1 style movie's.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:38 pm

Donald. Glover. As. Lando.

All you need to know.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Dombot » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:55 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Donald. Glover. As. Lando.

All you need to know.

This times 1000. That man is a God.
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mako
6. Twisted Cyclone 7. Alpengeist 8. Mine Blower 9. Montu 10. Incredible Hulk

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:08 pm

Black-Panther-super-825.jpg

Last night we were invited to a media screening of Black Panther and my initial impressions were VERY strong! Even being more of an “origin” story akin to the original Thor movie, every sequence in the film is entertaining, super fun, and you learn everything about the characters you would want to know going into it. Not many questions are left unanswered, which is a good thing IMO, as we need to go straight from this film right into Avengers Infinity War which will probably leave no time for loose ends.

black-panther_high-res-images-18.jpg

While the Black Panther spends less time being your traditional “super hero” in this film, he is without question the “hero” of the movie and throughout the entire film you never forget that. The supporting cast is just fantastic, especially Panther’s sister which steals the scene every time she’s on screen!

black-panther-633x356.jpg

I also must say that the movie looked BEAUTIFUL! The “hidden country” of Wakanda was breathtaking, even in 3-D which we saw the movie in (I personally prefer watching movies in 2D) which didn’t seem to add too much depth to the scenery, but it also didn’t need to.

black-panther_high-res-images-16.jpg

As someone who is a ‘casual fan’ of the Marvel Universe, and even having not seen all of the movies (I’ve seen most) I didn’t feel like you needed to see any of the other films in order to understand what was happening in Black Panther. It is a stand-alone movie and a great introduction to anyone who hasn’t been too familiar with the Marvel films to date.

Black-Panther-royals-e1499871154914.jpg

Overall it has a very good message of equality, the characters are all strong, the movie is action packed while still being “light hearted” and funny at time… really, just a great couple of hours in a movie theater.

Highly recommended!
Last edited by robbalvey on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:10 pm.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:26 pm

Glad to hear Black Panther is good! I was impressed with how they handled the character in Civil War, so I was already eagerly awaiting this movie.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Belmont Park & Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby RCT3Bross » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:49 am

Saw Black Panther yesterday. Great movie personal best of phase 3. I only thought Klaue could have had a more important role It just felt like a extended cameo from Avengers AoU. Besides that I enjoyed the story and hope Infinity war just raises the bar because I sure as hell don't see Ant-Man and the Wasp do that. I was surprised how much culture this movie had it really made me want to see Wakanda if it exsisted.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:28 am

I'm catching Black Panther tomorrow night. I've heard nothing but good things about the movie so far, and I liked the character in Captain America: Civil War.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:34 pm

Awesome! We're going to see it tomorrow, very excited.

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random