Movies, Movies, Movies.....

P. 594 - The Lion King Review!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
WDW's Newest Tigger

Postby RCTfan » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:49 am

I recently saw Boogeyman. It was okay but nothing special. If you like getting scared because stuff pops out at you, this is a heartattack in that form.

For the person curious about the movie SAW, I thought it was EXCELLENT. One of the best scary movies I've seen. I'd HIGHLY suggest adding it to your collection, you won't be disappointed.

Robb mentioned the Village, I loathed that movie. I was expecting to be scared, instead, it was just bad. Disappointment.

Telling it like how it is

Postby Mr.Six » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:57 am

About the Village. Good Idea yet bad ending.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby thecreature » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:05 am

I went to see White Noise last Saturday, and did not expect much. However, this movie was very good. It is quite creepy with good acting. We even went to see it again two days later and enjoyed yet again.

Shaun of the Dead was a great mix of horror and comedy. A film such as this one is does not come by often, but when they do, oh how fun. Only one other film that I can think of is better mixing horror and comedy, and that is Peter Jackson’s splatter classic Dead Alive (aka Brain Dead).

SAW was one film I was really looking forward to. Not only did it have a great premise, but also friends of mine have a song in the soundtrack (Better Off Dead by Pitbull Daycare) When I did see it, I was a disappointed. Just too much information was given, which made me loose interest. I do plan on giving it a second chance though.

The Grudge tried to keep its Japanese roots, but something happened along the way. For me, it just was boring. I am even hesitating on watching Ju-On (the original Japanese version), because the story line was so slow. However, it has to be much better than this remake (just as Ringu was better that The Ring).

Telling it like how it is

Postby Mr.Six » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:17 am

Ju-on (Correct me if I'm wrong but I think thats the name for the orignial Grudge movie) was much better than when they brought it over to America to try to remake. It was still an okay movie but it really did lose its touch.

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:30 pm

Just saw Constantine. Good, but not great. The story kind of wanders at some points, though there are some cool moments. Probably should have worked on the script a little more.

dt

Hold on... I forgot to put in the crystals...

Postby mrfreeze6 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:42 pm

My brother bought me Saw and I came home and watched it and I loved it. I didn't know how much I would like it becuase it looked more like a "CSI" investigation type of movie but I found it a full horror film. This movie had me jumping and screaming and that is rare for me in a horror film. It is definately one of my favorite films of all time.

I would give it a 9/10...the only reason I wouldn't give it a 10 is because some parts seemed a little too sadistic to be enjoyable. :twisted:

Grocery Store Enthusiast!

Postby Kroger8 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:59 pm

Napoleon Dynamite!!!!.... Freakin' Awesome the funniest movie ever! It made no sense at all but it was hilarious.

The Grudge was retarded I couldn't watch the whole thing it was extremely boring to me.

Meet the Fokkers was hilarious as well, not as funny as Napoleon, but still was funny

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby battleflag » Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:02 pm

mrfreeze6 , that movie was awesome i rented it last night and have been watching it alot , i loved it

Wouter.CC

Postby Wouter.CC » Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:18 pm

I'm watching Nightmare on Elms street now. So far it's ok 8)

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:20 pm

Just saw The Forgotten...

Very good! Better than I thought! Although the 'alternate ending' was kind of dumb.

Elissa "hmm what to watch next" Alvey

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random