Movies, Movies, Movies.....

P. 592 - Aladdin Live Action Movie Review!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Site Admin

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

Postby robbalvey » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:58 am

This is a thread where you can talk about movies you've just seen, movies you're about to see, or movies that aren't out yet that you're looking forward to.

I guess I can start.

We just recently say Shaun of the Dead...which ROCKED!!!! OMFG! That was so much better than I thought it was going to be.

Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle - which I thought was going to be REALLY stupid, but we ended up laughing more during that than we did Anchorman.

The Village - I got kind of bored of this, the ending was 'ok' I guess...but nothing special.

Big Fish is sitting on our TV now which we'll probably watch this weekend. Tim Burton movies are kind of hit or miss for me. While I really liked Mars Attacks, Nightmare, Pee Wee, Beetlejuice and Sleepy Hollow, I was never a big fan of Ed Wood or Edward Scissorhands.

Ok, I think that's my list for now. Now it's someone elses turn!

--Robb
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu May 23, 2019 1:24 pm.

Random Ranter

Postby kenshinmac » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:04 pm

Oh man I saw Shaun of the Dead last summer on an airplane ride to england. I didn't love it as much then possibly because I was trying to eat airplane food while watching a zombie movie...

When I saw it in the theaters in the fall it was great. With the audience it was hard not to have a good laugh at all the silliness. Honestly though my favorite parts are probably early in the movie as he is completely unaware of everything going on around him.

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:44 pm

I'm going to go see Constantine tomorrow. I hope it doesn't suck too hard. The main character in the comic is a bitter, drunken obnoxious man, which of course is just what you think of when you hear the name "Keanu Reeves"... :?

dt

It's All About Quality!

Postby Angry_Gumball » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:49 pm

The other night, all my friends came by and we all watched The Grudge. That movie was freaky w/ all the lights turned off. Unfortunately, some of us kept cracking jokes so we didn't fully understand the movie. Later that night, my cousin couldnt sleep because my friend came up to the door, immatated the kid's sounds and rattled the door. I found it funny as she was freaked out and couldnt sleep.

A few days later, I watched Dickie Roberts. That movie was pretty good. My younger brother tried to say "Nucking Futs" as Dickie said in the movie but it came out as Nucking F**ks...It was funny.

One time I ate pancakes

Postby Mr. Volcano » Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:43 pm

Shaun of the Dead looked so funny, I wanted to see it but never got a chance too, maybe when it comes out on DVD (if its not already out I'll get it)

Id like to see SAW, has anyone seen it? I'm thinking about buying it as a DVD to my collection (I'm a DVD collector, woohoo http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=mr.+volcano) and have heard both good and bad ratings for it...

Tonight im off to see a movie with the family, we haven't decided yet but we're going between "Are we there yet?, Wedding Date, or Meet the Fockers"... I hope none of them suck too bad.

-Justin

Random Ranter

Postby kenshinmac » Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:49 pm

Shaun of the Dead has been out for quite a while on DVD. It was a very limited release in theaters. Go check it out.

Telling it like how it is

Postby Mr.Six » Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:58 pm

Shaun of the Dead was pretty good. But It really was 50% Horror and 50% stupid. I was expecting it to be a bit more like the Scary Movies. So I was a bit disapointed that it wasn't 100% stupid like Scary Movie. But hey, it was better than most Zombie movies. (However thats not saying much :D )

Random Ranter

Postby kenshinmac » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:55 pm

Mr. Six you obviously don't understand the occasionally dry British humor. Honestly the funny stuff was between the crudeness and horror. Ah what a great movie I really need to get it.

White Castle fries only come in one size

Postby Bubba Z » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:32 pm

Last DVDs, Harold and Kumar go to WC. funniest part was with the cop,
Kumar? Whats that like two O's and two U's.
Shark Tales, Grudge, Open water, Friday Night lights, Shaun of the dead and Vote for Pedro(Napoleon Dynamite)

Last big screen movie: Bogeyman. It had a couple of good parts but it wasn't really scary. White Noise and SAW, now on DVD

Bubba "Can't wait for the Ring 2 "Z

Telling it like how it is

Postby Mr.Six » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:21 pm

Harold and Kumor Go to White Castle really was great!!!
I thought the funniest part was Freakshow singing that Christian song.
OMG! I was laughing so hard it hurt.

Saw was really good also. But I don't recommend it if you don't like gore.

Next

Return to Random, Random, Random