TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Who still has/uses records

jbuck

I got a few left, but no player anymore. I would like to upgrade to a nice record player at some point. My first real record (other than Sesame Street or the Hobbit) was Love Gun from Kiss. Unfortunately, I only have the sleeve left! Have plenty of nice 45s as well including the red vinyl to the song "Cyclone" by Vacant Lot... which I am VERY surprised just showed up on google search:

^That's the b side

And here's a nerd shot of me (the mohawk days are behind me, I must change avatar) displaying a couple Blondie singles with Plastic Letters - signed by the 4 original members.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I nearly forgot this nugget I got at Kennywood in 1991 for one dollar! It's the classic song "Palisades Park" by Freddy Cannon, but he redid the vocals for this charity single for Kennywood (changing the vocals from Palisades Park to Kennywood Park, and the Kennywood rides are mentioned instead of the Palisades ones):

563222_295647203894252_1100991006_n.jpg

535924_295647213894251_773818810_n.jpg

I have about 50 records, and I still play them every once in a while. I have a lot of 70's records, a few Madonna ones from the wife, some classics like Elvis, and a few of those large kid ones that were all colored and had pictures on the whole record. I also have a few classic Disney ones.

My first real record (other than Sesame Street or the Hobbit) was Love Gun from Kiss. Unfortunately, I only have the sleeve left!

Does that mean you no longer have the cardboard/paper gun that came with the Love Gun vinyl? Sadly, I've lost mine somewhere along the way!

Does that mean you no longer have the cardboard/paper gun that came with the Love Gun vinyl? Sadly, I've lost mine somewhere along the way!

Long gone! I got the Paul Stanley doll at the same time and it's long gone along with his cardboard bass cut out! I remember thinking (and still do think) that Paul had the least cool face of all 4. Ace was #1, then Peter and Gene.

When I got older, I found out what songs like "Plaster Caster" and "Christine Sixteen" were about... wouldn't all that have warnings today? File under "things were different back then." Even that cover... as a kid, I just thought it was cool, never had a clue what any of it meant.

I probably have around a 100 old records from the late 70's. Haven't listened to them since I went away to college 30+ years ago. I do have a player but it is sitting in the attack next to the records. Someday maybe I will hook it up and listen to them again. Most of the records I liked I replaced with CDs or now have down loaded from iTunes.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Just listened to a bunch of vintage disney records this past weekend. I have no clue if Jacob liked them, but he seemed like he did. My favorite is Tales with Uncle Remus (Song of the South) record.

• 1 month later...

So long ago I posted, but I forgot to post the pix of the Broadway Cast LP Collection I have, still.

So here it is!.......

Collection_01.jpg.e27efd6dc2e97a030bf0e304fd547141.jpg

They're on two sides of the living room. And most of them are still in mint condition, other than the

sides of the covers, which our cats have (through the years) mucked up.

Collection_02.jpg.7c0797a56529f4c82e8c580d80b73953.jpg

The whole collection ends with the Peter Allen - Harvey Fierstein LP 'bomb' LEGS DIAMOND.

But a few of the songs from that dud, ended up in the Allen bio "The Boy From OZ"

• 2 months later...