Favorite JAWS movie

Which one?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!

Which is your favorite

Poll ended at Thu May 18, 2006 7:45 pm

JAWS
100%
JAWS 2
JAWS 3

Total votes : 24

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Re: Favorite JAWS movie

Postby VinTheAttendant » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:26 am

^ She also did the voice of Ducky in the Land Before Time. I still think her death is one of the most tragic stories to come out of Hollywood.

As for Jaws: The Revenge, I found it to be the most boring movie in the series. The shark wasn't very scary, and the few violent moments were so over-the-top ridiculous that they came off as funny. And with uninteresting characters, a meandering plot, and a shark with an unconvincing grudge that explodes for no reason, it's just really hard for me to like this movie. The only thing I think is better about Jaws: The Revenge is the picture quality. In the long run, it's not even so-bad-that-it's-good in my opinion. Though Jaws 3 was much worse.

The first Jaws, on the other hand, it's got the epic Indianapolis monologue! That's still one of my favorite moments in any movie.
"Lazer Snake Horse On Fire looks too intense for me"

Click here to join me on my adventures around the world!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:07 pm

This could be Michael Caine commenting on his career choice at this point.

Fortunately, he won a Best Supporting Actor Oscar for Hannah and Her Sisters that year, too. ;)

You're going to need a bigger Donkey

Postby Diamondbacker27 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:54 am

VinTheAttendant wrote:^ She also did the voice of Ducky in the Land Before Time. I still think her death is one of the most tragic stories to come out of Hollywood.

As for Jaws: The Revenge, I found it to be the most boring movie in the series. The shark wasn't very scary, and the few violent moments were so over-the-top ridiculous that they came off as funny. And with uninteresting characters, a meandering plot, and a shark with an unconvincing grudge that explodes for no reason, it's just really hard for me to like this movie. The only thing I think is better about Jaws: The Revenge is the picture quality. In the long run, it's not even so-bad-that-it's-good in my opinion. Though Jaws 3 was much worse.

The first Jaws, on the other hand, it's got the epic Indianapolis monologue! That's still one of my favorite moments in any movie.

It is pretty sad. The sharks look way more real in this movie than in Jaws 3. But the plot is pretty dumb. A shark cannot swim that far in 3 days and have a grudge on the Brody's.
Wood-22
Steel- 84
Total- 106

Postby VinTheAttendant » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:45 am

Diamondbacker27 wrote:The sharks look way more real in this movie than in Jaws 3.

Agreed

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby downunder » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:43 am

IMO Jaws is one of the greatest movies of all time let alone in the series. I've seen it so many times one of all-time my faves, and the story behind the making of the film is an epic tale in itself. A lot of credit to the skill of a young Spielberg and his excellent cast.

Jaws 2 was okay; Jaws 3 was mostly bad; Jaws The Revenge makes Sharknado look good, luckily I saw it for free and I still felt ripped off, it wasn't even so bad it was funny and I hope Michael Caine got some serious cash to ease the shame.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:16 am

VinTheAttendant wrote:
Diamondbacker27 wrote:The sharks look way more real in this movie than in Jaws 3.

Agreed

But it's 3D!

Postby Diamondbacker27 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:15 pm

I really want another Jaws sequel. I mean, I don't enjoy the first Jaws as much as Jaws 2 or Jaws the Revenge. The sequels (Not counting Jaws 3) have so much more actin packed into them. I don't even know, I just enjoy sequels even the horrible ones :lol:
Wood-22
Steel- 84
Total- 106

Postby VinTheAttendant » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:55 pm

^ Well, Jaws 19 is coming out next year, so...... ;)

Postby Diamondbacker27 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:20 pm

Haha. I can't wait :lmao:
Wood-22
Steel- 84
Total- 106

Girls don't like me because I can play RCT better than you

Postby TheCoasterKid211 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:52 pm

VinTheAttendant wrote:Well, Jaws 19 is coming out next year, so...... ;)

Confirmed. :lol:
| |Alpengeist| |Cheetah Hunt| |Kumba| |Mako| |Intimidator 305| |
"Yeah, I like coasters. Yes, I'm a kid. Don't know what the 211 means, but whatever." Check out my TR thread!

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random