Anime?

Any anime fans out there?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
I'm slow

Postby pagemaster_b » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:40 am

I can't believe I missed this.

Oh where shall I begin.

Gasaraki
Dragonball (screw Z and GT)
Kino's Journey
Full Metal Alchemist
Gunslinger Girl
Naruto (don't know why, but I like it)
Nandesco
Excell Saga (the most whacked anime I've ever seen)
Record of Lodoss War (both OAVs and TV series)
Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex
Irresponsible Captian Tylor
Ranma 1/2
Yu Yu Hakushu
Cowboy Bebop The Movie (I have yet to see the series)
Spirited Away
Castle in the Sky
My Neighbor Tortoro
Rune
Escaflowne (both TV and Movie)
Happy Lesson
Intial D

I know I missing some other anime but can't think of them right now. All have graced my video shelf, though sadly most of them are gone now. I had to sell off most of them several years ago to survive school.

One Piece and Yu-Gi-O, while I like the manga, the English dubbed anime is thoroughly crap. Intial D is another anime grossly hurt by the English dubbed (Americanizing the Japanese lingo for cars was a very bad idea).

Evangeleon is overrated and the last two episodes were utterly garbage. The two OAVs replacing the last two episodes were certainly better if no less confusing.

Akira I wanted to like, but was grossly disappointed by the adaptation. The movie hardly follows the manga.

Bobo Bobo-Bobobo, or whatever the hell it's called, is the worst manga I have ever seen and a complete waste of the paper it's printed on. Why anyone would bother to take the time to make it into a TV series is beyond me.
There's no problem too big that C-4 can't fix.

Noo! They be stealin' my bucket!

Postby onewheeled999 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:01 pm

Recently, I've been all obsessed with this really bizarre anime called "Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu". I watch it on youtube, with subtitles. It's just plain awesome, but also really ridiculous. Watch it. NOW.

Here's an example of how bizarre the show is:
Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu music video
Xbox Live + Steam + Twitter + Skype + AIM: Onewheeled999

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby PoisonedPirate » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:22 am

Okay here's a list of the anime/manga that I watch and read. Some of it's cheesey but hey it's all good fun in the end:

Peach Girl
Tokyo Mew Mew
Death Note
Violinist of Hameln
Secretaries and Sorcerers
Princess Mononoke
Laputa
Transformers (don't know it that counts!)

and I remember watching (and playing) Ghost in the Shell as a kid but haven't seen it since then.

I also have a Bleach figurine although I've never seen it...
EDIT: The show not the figurine - obviously

Question for the room: Does anybody Cosplay? And if they do is it considered bad to buy your outfits rather then make them?
I've cut my carbon emissions so that Button, Hamilton and Kobayashi don't have to!

Coaster Count: 60
Coney Island 21.08.14

This 16 year old puts you to shame

Postby socalMAN123 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:02 am

One word for you:
Bleach.
That is all. ;)
---Brent =)
Disobey

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby digidude18 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:44 am

PoisonedPirate wrote:

Question for the room: Does anybody Cosplay? And if they do is it considered bad to buy your outfits rather then make them?

While I don't cosplay myself I know some who do, and it really all depends on your point of view. Although making your own costume can be very expensive and time consuming (some people take years to make a costume just right), thats why most people I know can care less if a costume is bought or made. So if there is one you're looking at to buy, go for it.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby PoisonedPirate » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:29 am

While I don't cosplay myself I know some who do, and it really all depends on your point of view. Although making your own costume can be very expensive and time consuming (some people take years to make a costume just right), thats why most people I know can care less if a costume is bought or made. So if there is one you're looking at to buy, go for it.

Thanks!

I wasn't sure if it was a big no no or anything
I've cut my carbon emissions so that Button, Hamilton and Kobayashi don't have to!

Coaster Count: 60
Coney Island 21.08.14

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Re: Anime?

Postby Nwstone » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:06 pm

Death note is great. Watching soul eater right now.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby p-sychiatrist » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:18 pm

Top 5:
#1 - Cowboy Bebop (one of the few shows where I think the dub is better, everything about this show is flawless)
#2 - Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood (a close second)
#3 - Steins;Gate (a must watch)
#4 - Death Note (Team L 4 life)
#5 - FLCL (the music alone makes this show awesome!!)
Last edited by p-sychiatrist on Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:27 pm.
TOP PARKS: Tokyo DisneySea, Knoebels, Disneyland, Holiday World, PortAventura, Busch Gardens Williamsburg
TOP COASTERS: Phantom's Revenge, Phoenix, The Voyage, El Toro, T-Express, X2
TOP DARK RIDES: Journey To The Center of the Earth (TDS), Indiana Jones Adventure (DL), Splash Mountain (TDL), Pirates of the Caribbean (DL), Tower of Terror (WDW), Sindbad's Storybook Voyage (TDS), Spider-Man (IOA), Haunted Mansion (DL & Knoebels)

WORLD'S #1 LOG FLUME ENTHUSIAST

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Re:

Postby p-sychiatrist » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:25 pm

PoisonedPirate wrote:

Thanks!

I wasn't sure if it was a big no no or anything

I'm a huge convention dork, and it's definitely socially acceptable to buy costumes. The people who make their own definitely get the most attention and praise, but I got a lot of love (and pictures taken) of this Colonel Mustang cosplay I did with a purchased costume.

TOP PARKS: Tokyo DisneySea, Knoebels, Disneyland, Holiday World, PortAventura, Busch Gardens Williamsburg
TOP COASTERS: Phantom's Revenge, Phoenix, The Voyage, El Toro, T-Express, X2
TOP DARK RIDES: Journey To The Center of the Earth (TDS), Indiana Jones Adventure (DL), Splash Mountain (TDL), Pirates of the Caribbean (DL), Tower of Terror (WDW), Sindbad's Storybook Voyage (TDS), Spider-Man (IOA), Haunted Mansion (DL & Knoebels)

WORLD'S #1 LOG FLUME ENTHUSIAST

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Nwstone » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:05 pm

Oh I also forgot, I've been watching Tokyo ghoul, it's amazing.

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random