Tattoos

Show us yours and tell your story
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Nothing beats Cali coasters

Re: Tattoos

Postby chickenbowl » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:36 pm

I have a few tattoos. Here are my favorite:
image.jpeg

The Big Sur, CA coastline with a cypress tree at sunset! blackline style.

kraken.png

A Kraken in watercolor style.

I would love a roller coaster tattoo to express my connection to coasters, but I have yet to see or come up with a design that I would want.
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Twisted Timbers
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Wildfire

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:46 pm

^ Beautiful tattoos! Why the Kraken? I'm just curious.

Really beautiful work on both, especially that black line one.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:31 pm

^^Those are gorgeous! Same artist?

I never posted the finale of my coaster/flowers/butterfly.
IMG_2981.jpg
IMG_2979.jpg

Pictures are from when it was new because I've been too lazy to photograph the healed. It still looks just as vibrant though. If you don't understand it, that's okay. Most people don't understand me ;) I might add onto it more in the future, but for now i'm very satisfied with it.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:36 pm

^ That's really nice. Beautiful framing of the coaster. Very nice work. :smile:

Postby cal1br3tto » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:30 pm

Here is my sternum moth from October. It lost a bit of ink in the antennae, but otherwise looks about the same as this fresh photo.

FullSizeRender(4).jpg

Just for fun, I thought I'd do the survey from the very beginning of this thread.

1. Pain level of your tattoo, 1 to 10, 10 being the worst pain possible.

In the moment, I pegged it as ranging from a 3-5 or maybe a 4-6. In hindsight, it was possibly more like a 2-4. The vibration over bone is extremely uncomfortable, and the shading was particularly "chompy" (artist's quite accurate wording). Outlining really does feel like a cat scratching a sunburn, as many say.

2. How long did it take? To outline? To fill in? To completely heal?

I wasn't keeping track, but judging by the price it was probably finished in 2 hours, with one short break.

3. Is there anything to numb the area, before getting stabbed to death?

This exists but is not widely recommended. Other pain-reducing measures (such as OTC pain relievers or alcohol) are recommended against or forbidden as well, until after everything's all finished, that is!

4. Are you happy with your results? Regrets?

Yes. I'm no expert in judging technical qualities, so what could be a slight flaw may also be perfectly normal or an inherent limitation. If not, that's okay, too. I only regret that Harry Styles has almost the same one. :lmao:

5. Cost?

Don't expect more than a general idea for pricing in most cases (until you're given your quote), as there are many variables at play both between and within shops. Mine was $250 including tip.

6. How do I know the right place to get it?

The Internet. But take advice with a grain of salt, as you can easily be misled or miss helpful information. Current and anticipated work requirements, interest in showing it off, ease of seeing it yourself, effort you're willing to take to hide it if needed, and possible longevity issues may all affect you long-term. It's up to you whether you want to factor in the expected pain level, but I'd say not to make that the top priority, myself. It helps to consider how your design fits and possibly complements different areas of your body, and a good artist can add input on this as well. And make sure your idea is your top choice for that particular spot!

7. Did you have any excessive redness/infections/irritation?

I was afraid I was the kind of person who might, but I didn't.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby newxot » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:35 pm

I don't have one, but I'm planning to make on my forearm smth like these http://inkprofy.com/wolf-tattoo-designs/ And it will be cost $255. I hope this will not hurt too much.

Postby cal1br3tto » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:32 pm

Let me just love on my latest two.

image1(1).JPG

Above: literary running collie from about a week ago. The artist, David Stein from Grizzly Tattoo, did a fantastic job copying the design. As it was one of my first serious ideas, it feels like I've had it way longer!

image2.JPG
Fresh.

From last June, one of my favorite houses in Portland, based on a line drawing I happened to acquire. You might expect a more elaborate design and perhaps a "haunted house" look, but I like the contrast between the simplicity of the linework and the ornateness of the actual home. It also lends some mystery as often people can't pin down what it is (tattoos should generally be easily identifiable from a decent distance, but that's not the issue here--it looks pretty sharp, just a bit cryptic). Note that any imperfections are due to my skin/body or limitations of my design choice, as I saw an award-winning artist at a great shop.

IMG_3418.JPG
Placement context.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

You're going to need a bigger Donkey

Postby Diamondbacker27 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:20 am

prozach626 wrote:
Diamondbacker27 wrote:If I ever get tats it is going to be all of these on my arm or else where.

This is why it's illegal for 15 year olds to get tattoos.

I was just scrolling through this forum, stumbled across this and burst out laughing. I would never get those with my present mindset. :lol:
Wood-22
Steel- 84
Total- 106

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:16 am

Hurt like hell, but I now have an Edo style Lava Monster on my left ribs.
IMG_1174.JPG
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:11 pm

^ Wow! Very cool tat! May the Lava Monster always be at your side.*

*Or in this case, on your ribcage, LOL.

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random