What is your favorite genre of music?

Post if your choice is not an option.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!

What is your favorite genre of music?

Rock
24%
Heavy Metal
15%
Punk
7%
Ska
2%
Techno
8%
Alternative
13%
Country
2%
Blue Grass
0%
Pop
4%
Rap
3%
Rap
3%
Jazz
3%
Classical
4%
Mellow "Jack Johnson" style
1%
Gospel
1%
Hip Hop
4%
House
6%

Total votes : 285

Can I park my donkey here?

Re: What is your favorite genre of music?

Postby guifol » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:16 pm

Rock, Hard Rock and R&B.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby jammy2by4 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:17 am

I just put Heavy Metal, although I am into Japanese Nu Metal and Visual Kei Metal ;) .
Ride that Donkey!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:22 pm

imawesome1124 wrote:My favorite is rock. More specifically Christian rock, like Red, Skillet, Thousand Foot Krutch, etc.

^THIS!

Though I voted "Alternative" because I like some of the slightly harder Christian rock stuff too. The above, plus Disciple, Oh,Sleeper, Showbread, Emery, Anberlin, Family Force 5, Nine Lashes, and Manic Drive are my top bands. Some of these are really hard to classify, like FF5, so I usually just say, "Alternative".
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby RCBoilermaker14 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:24 pm

Would you consider Christan,Gospel, like Toby Mac,Third Day,Casting Crowns,and Brandon Heath.
Coasters,burgers,and Chuck Norris are awesome.
Coaster Count:11 Wood:2 Steel:5 Other/Hybrid:1 Favorite Coaster:Thunderhead Wood:Thunderhead Steel:Corkscrew(Cedar Point)Other/Hybrid:Gemini
Park Count:2 Favorite Park:Dollywood

Postby RCBoilermaker14 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:27 pm

RCBoilermaker14 wrote:Would you consider Christan,Gospel, like Toby Mac,Third Day,Casting Crowns,and Brandon Heath.

My favorite types of music are Christan,Country,and Rock.
Coaster Count:11 Wood:2 Steel:5 Other/Hybrid:1 Favorite Coaster:Thunderhead Wood:Thunderhead Steel:Corkscrew(Cedar Point)Other/Hybrid:Gemini

Postby imawesome1124 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:32 pm

TobyMac is not Gospel. Christian rock and Gospel are completely different. A band can be Christian but still have really hard music like Red, Pillar, The Letter Black, and Disciple.

Postby RCBoilermaker14 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:21 pm

TobyMac is really his own style since he does Rap,Rock,Pop,Reggae,and other styles.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby VinTheAttendant » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:50 pm

I like rock and all of its variants: punk, grunge, alternative, etc. But I cast my vote for heavy metal just because I have more hard rock and metal songs on my iPod than anything else.

While that is my preference for casual listening, I also love classic orchestral and choir music, especially live. It's something about a whole bunch of people and instruments coming together to produce such an immense sound that really hits me the hardest. I think that's why I like listening to bands as opposed to pop/hip-hop soloists (and why I still say "who?" when someone mentions an American Idol finalist). While I don't listen to hip-hop, I absolutely love the history behind it. I took a Youth Cultures class that covered the origins of most mainstream music over the decades, and the story of hip-hop was surprisingly the most interesting. I used to be one of those people who said that hip-hop is just people talking in rhythm about money, sex, drugs, fame, and violence...well...I'm sure it's like that today, but it hasn't always been.

So rock/metal is my favorite genre of music, but I loves me my classical, and I really like the history of hip-hop.

Postby RCBoilermaker14 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:11 pm

I like Christan Rap,but Christan Rock is my favorite.I don`t regular rap.

Postby cal1br3tto » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:32 pm

I've taken to looking through the small gospel section (or whatever they label it) at my local record store. Sometimes they'll put in an album or two from artists that appeal to those who like hard or alternative Christian music. Strangely, I once found a copy of "Revolution, I Think It's Called Inspiration" by Inquisition in there. At the time, I assumed they must be another Christian punk band, but I actually can't find any evidence of this.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random