The "Rant" Thread

Vent random things that annoy you!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: The "Rant" Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:46 pm

^ There's lots and lots of offensive contemporary pop culture songs
I am offended by.... but this was Christmas time music. And specific songs.

And remember it's a Random Rant. Wasn't asking for comments or even compliments,
but thanks for the advice, nonetheless. :)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:32 pm

"Spring" semester should not start on January 6th. Sorry, that's way too early. Also, since the semester starts this week, my "spring break" begins on FEBRUARY 29th! And my semester ends on April 29th!

Just wish I had a longer winter break (>3 weeks). I get wanting to maximize time in the summer for students to work, but starting school this early so we can finish by the end of April seems crazy and unnecessary to me. Especially in UT where "spring" semester is basically snow and sub-freezing temperatures until at LEAST late-March.

//rant over
Steel: 197 / Wood: 33 / Total: 230
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby CaptainUnknown » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:00 pm

Deleted by user.
Take a Journey Into The Unknown Latest Update: Six Flags Over Texas

Parks: 23
Coasters: 130 (24 wood/106 steel)

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:36 pm

So here's the deal with this week's The Masked Singer...

and BTW.... yes we do enjoy it, and yes it's over the top, and yes it actually has some fun moments in it,
especially when they unmask a singer who nobody guessed (i.e. Drew Carey, Kelly Osborne), including us.

That said WTF is going on with this White Tiger person? Yes he's probably a sports player, probably
football from how they've tried to figure him out.

And - HE DOES NOT SING. At all. This past episode proved it. But he's winning by being "entertainig."

SPOILER ALERT

Again WTF??? It's the Masked 'Singer,' not 'Entertainer.' He should be able to sing... some how. Yes? No?
Three capable singers got ousted this season so far, including this week's Chaka Khan (!), because of his
"aw gee me, let's all clap along" antics.

And it's time for the audience to get smarter and VOTE - HIM - OUT, VOTE - HIM - OUT, VOTE - HIM - OUT,
as "entertainingly fun" as he is. What Ever.

:angry:

Postby prozach626 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:54 am

My shoulder is trashed. I hurt it doing an overhead press a few years ago. Too much weight and bad form. In November the injury came back to haunt me and it won't heal up. I haven't lifted any weights, done any upper-body cross training, or played any hockey since then. Working out is a daily part of my life and I'm tired of just doing cardio and light core workouts. I miss playing hockey. After 11 sessions of physical therapy I was advised that I was wasting my time. I have a MRI scheduled for Friday. It's giving me the blues.

Everyone always told me to take it easier on myself and rest my body more. I never listened. Being 34, I'm not old, but I'm not as young as it used to be. My over-activity finally caught up with me.

Rant ended.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby CaptainUnknown » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:26 pm

For about the last year I've had an on and off toothache caused by a bit of tooth falling out. Because I could cure it with a couple ibuprofen, I ignored it for the longest time. Last week, my pizza betrayed me by jamming itself into that tooth and instigating some swelling and pus. Due to the current state of affairs, I was able to get into the dentist this morning for at least a diagnosis. About an hour later, I'm getting a root canal. I'd have preferred to just get the tooth pulled, but that tooth is between two others and it's on the side I had some jaw surgery on a few years ago. Getting that tooth pulled and getting either a spacer or a denture in there would have cost $3500-$5000. The root canal would cost $2500. I have some decent dental insurance, but I'm still going to have a large out of pocket expense. At least I'm getting that Stimulus check. And all this could have boiled down to a simple cavity filling if I had taken care of this when it happened a year ago.
Take a Journey Into The Unknown Latest Update: Six Flags Over Texas

Parks: 23
Coasters: 130 (24 wood/106 steel)

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri May 15, 2020 6:12 pm

^ OUCH. I have gone thru a few root canals myself, so I feel for you. Hope it all works out for you, eventually.

:x

My RANT is about how complaining and bitching about anything and everything during these times is just - crap.
And that's what's making the news, lately. Bitching and complaining about what you can't have or get during this time. Well, boo hoo.

I just heard that a children's camp in Ontario is not opening for the summer, And of course, they get some complaining mother interviewed, who "can't do anything in their backyard, what a camp can do."

Excuse me? You actually have a back yard??? Wow. Times are hard. Sorry, but unless I know the size of that backyard, I do not understand why you are complaining about the camp not opening during these times.

This is My Rant :x

Postby prozach626 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:16 am

Just like that... the media no longer cares about COVID, because it's not the number one seller.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Dan the Coaster Man » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:55 pm

When people waste their time by not using turning signals or using them at the very last opportunity they have.

Postby prozach626 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:20 am

I don't understand why people don't use their signals. It helps with the predictability of traffic and it's a courtesy to other drivers. Are people that lazy that they can't flick their wrists a few inches? (yes) It's like wearing a seatbelt, in that it becomes an unconscious movement, just like using the gas pedal or stearing wheel. I even use my signal when I pull into my driveway (as I should). I catch myself using it on sharp turns, sometimes... It's a pet peeve of mine.

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random