The "Rant" Thread

Vent random things that annoy you!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: The "Rant" Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:07 pm

Gawds, I'm just hearing that they're looking for contestant families for "Family Feud Canada". Ugh.

Or it'll flop, because everybody in the families are being too nice to each other.
And apologizing from time to time.

It's the Canadian Way. Could happen. :smile:

EDIT: Found out it starts mid-December. Can't wait.
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:19 pm.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Rai Fox » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:50 am

Assholes who can't be bothered to care for anything that doesn't belong to them.

I picked up an almost-new car (year old, 15k miles, perfect condition) car a week and a half ago.

In that week and a half I've had someone hit the rear bumper in a parking lot and badly scratch it, hit it with a door or shopping cart or whatever and mark up a door, and now this morning I come out to find a deep gouge along one door, well into the metal; I don't even know how someone did that kind of damage. Now that's going to be an expensive repair I need to take care of ASAP before it starts to cause rust. A week and a half.

Not one of them bothered to leave a note or in any way mention or take responsibility, of course.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby mrgrtt123 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:34 pm

My card is stuck on an automated teller machine, it is taking too long for a customer service representative to pick up the phone after complaining she just drop the call.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Dombot » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:17 pm

True agony is opening the box containing your new desk you just got from Amazon, only to realize there's no instruction manual. :x
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mako
6. Twisted Cyclone 7. Alpengeist 8. Mine Blower 9. Montu 10. Incredible Hulk

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby ImOnABoat » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:46 pm

When amazon didnt have a preorder for the 4k bluray of avengers endgame, so you preorder using the disney movie club and they dont ship it until the 16th and it arrives tomorrow, then amazon gets it and it's cheaper right now ($25 vs the $32 i paid with shipping) :x at least i get a free lithograph
May the :airtimer: be with you! ... as well as the boats
does steam count as social media?

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Dombot » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:02 am

My trip to Disney got cancelled last weekend because of Hurricane Dorian, which I was fine with... but I'm just now seeing that the parks weren't just open during that weekend, but they were empty.

I could've been piloting the Millennium Falcon, but instead I was stuck dealing with the worst crowds ever at SFoG on the Sunday before Labor Day.

1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mako
6. Twisted Cyclone 7. Alpengeist 8. Mine Blower 9. Montu 10. Incredible Hulk

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:51 pm

This morning, we got a milk delivery.....which we weren't supposed to get.

I called our milk company (Dairy World Foods) two weeks before we left on our California trip. I gave them the specific dates and orders (or not) for three deliveries. The first two, went fine (less milk just before we left; and no delivery while we were gone). But he wasn't supposed to resume delivery until next Tuesday.

I called them later, and wanted this order picked back up, as we had already bought milk (yesterday) to get us through to the next delivery...which was supposed to be next week. So far, it hasn't been picked up. And if it's not picked back up today, it's staying outside on the porch overnight, and then I call them tomorrow, and remind them again.....and maybe even cancel the whole delivery thing altogether. We don't need these delivery mistakes any more (and we've had problems in the past with this driver, too).

Grrrrr. :x

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:46 pm

Dombot wrote:My trip to Disney got cancelled last weekend because of Hurricane Dorian, which I was fine with... but I'm just now seeing that the parks weren't just open during that weekend, but they were empty.

I could've been piloting the Millennium Falcon, but instead I was stuck dealing with the worst crowds ever at SFoG on the Sunday before Labor Day.

and then ON Labor Day Monday (the next day). SFOG was dead. .

sorry I missed ya there!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:17 pm

Crazy as I sound, but....

"Rudolph, The Red Nosed Reindeer"
shouldn't be sung at all - or greatly re-written to be sung, at least.

It's honestly, the Classic Christmas Bullying Song. I don't have to explain it. You know the lyrics.

And when Santa approves, then 'they' all jump on the bandwagon to "approve" Rudolph.

Unintentional to be sure... back then. But this is now. Doesn't it make you cringe,
when those lyrics are sung, happy and jolly, and from such young mouths?

Ho ho ho. :angel:
holiday-santa-coaster.jpg

Previous

Return to Random, Random, Random