Switch to full style
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Post a reply

Re: The "Rant" Thread

Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:21 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:I repeat...

Merry-Go-Rounds spin Clockwise.

Carousels spin Counter-Clockwise.

What is the deal, people? Are we too lazy to even know that little thing about these 2 rides? :x

I actually never knew that. :o

Meanwhile, a month and half into the semester, I still hate loose-leaf textbooks and the companies who flog them (read: Pearson (e: also Cengage)). Doubly so when a hardcover version also exists but the company that owns your college bookstore doesn't sell it, which means, since you're broke and Amazon doesn't take book vouchers, it's inaccessible to you.
Last edited by Halian on Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:07 pm.

Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:56 pm

Halian wrote:
Nrthwnd wrote:I repeat...

Merry-Go-Rounds spin Clockwise.

Carousels spin Counter-Clockwise.

What is the deal, people? Are we too lazy to even know that little thing about these 2 rides? :x

I actually never knew that. :o

The terms are generally considered interchangeable. That, and there are widespread disagreements on what constitutes the supposed difference--heck, people can't even agree on which is which within a definition. The other common stance is that a carousel is all horses and a merry-go-round is a menagerie (includes multiple species). But, yeah. They're the same. I'm glad, because they're both such lovely, evocative words.

Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:51 pm

^ Hmmm. Somehow, through all these decades of mine,
that is what I've remembered as "the definition" of the two.

But, it's just a flat ride, yes? ;)

Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:03 am

I'm okay with religion, but if you try to shove your religion down peoples throats and/or act like I'm delusional because I don't believe in your religion, please reconsider everything you've ever done. It's normal for people to have different beliefs, and you don't need to force people into your own belief either. :x

Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:15 pm

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I'm done.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:22 pm

Here is my petty little rant.

Cedar Downs Racing Derby IS NOT a carousel. Yes, it has horses that spin in a circle, but it IS NOT a carousel! It is a thrill ride/racing derby simulator because the table spins at 14.5 miles per hour, the horses aren't stationary, and it is even listed on the Cedar Point website as a thrill ride. So whenever a parent tries to chastise me by saying "my toddler can't ride the carousel," it takes pretty much every fiber of my being to not scream at them to 1. Look at the signage at the entrance that says children must be 48" tall to ride, and 2. Take your toddler to the Kiddy Kingdom Carousel.

Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:16 pm

Found out a good friend passed away, last week.

We haven't been in touch for a while. But still.

it sucks. :cry:

Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:49 pm

Ever have one of those moments where you just want to tell one of your friends "God, I hope you die in a car wreck on your way home tonight?"

No? That's just me? Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:11 am

I hate it when I can't get to sleep at night. :(

Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:54 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:I hate it when I can't get to sleep at night. :(

Seriously my life every night. :cry: I feel your pain. :(
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS