CARS! The Car Super Thread

Cars you have, Cars you like, general automotive discussion!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Re: CARS! The Car Super Thread

Postby rcjp » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:16 pm

Well did everyone realise that in the 14th the Hennessey Venom GT broke the record for speed (270,49mph)? I totally missed this and only realised now.
hennessey-venom-gt-record-6.jpeg
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

Books are dumb

Re: Sv: CARS! The Car Super Thread

Postby Loefet » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:05 pm

rcjp wrote:Well did everyone realise that in the 14th the Hennessey Venom GT broke the record for speed (270,49mph)? I totally missed this and only realised now.

To bad that it's not an official one since it was just one run, and not the required two for an official record.

Postby rcjp » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:13 pm

^Yeah, I know. Still, Koenigsegg is going to build the Agera One which is supposed to get to 280mph. Now I hope they do get to test this one's top speed, Koenigsegg is my favourite manufacturer and I would like to see them teaching the Veyron a lesson.
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:23 pm

Here are some pics from various car meets I've attended so far this year in an attempt to revive this thread.
IMG_0146.JPG
IMG_0226.JPG
IMG_0144.JPG
IMG_0149.JPG
IMG_0188.JPG
IMG_0201.JPG
IMG_0238.JPG
IMG_0123.JPG
IMG_0125.JPG
IMG_0151.JPG
IMG_0156.JPG
IMG_0015.JPG
IMG_0064.JPG
IMG_0065.JPG
IMG_0117.JPG
IMG_0132.JPG
IMG_0229.JPG
IMG_0199.JPG

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:39 pm

Speaking of fast cars... I must say... I HATE the way the Bugatti Veyron looks. It may be the fastest car in the world .... But it is beyond ugly. Why can't it be as beautiful as the Lamborghini Aventador?!?
Bigger is not always better.

Postby rcjp » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:07 am

^I don't hate the way it looks but I'm not a fan of it. For a car with so much power (and so fast) it almost looks "boring". It's too quiet, too heavy and, from what I've heard, quite "neutral" to drive fast. Plus it has 10000 cylinders and 40 turbos.
My dream car (well, manufacturer, really) has been koenigsegg for a while. Their latest car: the One:1 which is basically and extreme version of the Agera R (whose production isn't limited to six as the former) has 1360 hp and weighs 1360 kilograms.
koenigsegg-one1-h.jpg

Now speaking of their Agera R, it has 1140 hp and because it weighs about 1300 kilos it accelerates and brakes faster than the veyron (0-124mph in 7,8s and 0-186-0 mph in 21s). I also has real wheel drive only and no need for 16 cylinders: it has a twin turbo V8. Plus it makes brutal noise.
(and is a bit cheaper than the veyron)
The reason why it hasn't broken the speed record is because they have no place to so it (unlike Volkswagen which has a massive test rack). Then you also have to consider it's a small company, founded only 20 years ago and they still don't employ that many people, hence the limited production.
Overall, I just think they make a lot more interesting cars than the veyron and don't get much credit for it.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby imagineerz » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:51 am

DoinItForTheFame wrote:Speaking of fast cars... I must say... I HATE the way the Bugatti Veyron looks. It may be the fastest car in the world .... But it is beyond ugly. Why can't it be as beautiful as the Lamborghini Aventador?!?

It's not conventionally pretty to my eye either, but if you want to do 250+ and stay ON the surface of the Earth, you shape the car exactly how the wind tells you to. And you do it with a smile.

Hard Rock hyyyper

Postby hyyyper » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:33 am

What is the point of having a top speed that is unattainable in real life?

Postby rcjp » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:52 pm

^I know, it's more of a gimmick. I imagine it must feel rather irritating to have a car with such possibilities and never really be able to use them.
But I suppose you can always go to a racetrack (even though you still won't be able to hit 250)

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:35 pm

hyyyper wrote:What is the point of having a top speed that is unattainable in real life?

In real life, as in your daily commute to work and such? That's not really the point of cars like that. Joe Smith isn't going to buy a Koenigsegg One:1 as his grocery getter. That's like saying, what's the point of a 400+hp Mustang if you live in a suburb with a speed limit of 25mph? It's all in the love and passion for cars.

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random