The Fast Food thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby holyblakbelt » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:14 am

I need to get to Five Guys sometime in my duration in college (It's in the city), from what I hear, it has to be awesome!
Hanowski for Hobey 2012-13!

Did Medusa in the front and back

Postby atem122 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:00 am

Being a so cal boy, I must say that I've been bred to love In-N-Out, it's one of those places that you go with your friends to after a day of school, and eat a freaking delicious meal. Though if anyone's familiar, the best fast food burger meal in LA goes to none other than Marty's: Home of the combo!

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Homeboy23 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:53 am

holyblakbelt wrote:I need to get to Five Guys sometime in my duration in college (It's in the city), from what I hear, it has to be awesome!

You will not be disappointed, trust me.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:12 pm

My absolute favorite is Subway. I get a Spicy Italian, preferably on Italian Herbs & Cheese, with cheese, olives, oil & vinegar. It's perfect!

At every other restaurant I just order what I like and ignore the rest. I would guess that my least favorite is McDonald's, but I still like them.

At every place I am willing to get a cheeseburger or bacon cheeseburger, but these are my stand-out favorites at each place:

McDonald's: Egg McMuffin, Pancake Breakfast, chicken nuggets w/BBQ sauce, McFlurry
Burger King: Hershey Sundae Pie or Cookie Dough Pie
Dairy Queen: Cookie Dough Blizzard or another Blizzard
Wendy's: plain chocolate Frosty
Burgerville: Chocolate shake or seasonal shake, strawberry shortcake
Jack in the Box: Strawberry banana smoothie, Oreo shake, Sourdough Jack
Carl's Junior: Chicken Stars for light meals, Western Bacon Cheeseburger and shake the rest of the time!
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

This 16 year old puts you to shame

Postby socalMAN123 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:04 pm

One word that will single handedly demolish any other fast food chain anyone has mentioned in this thread:

Chipotle

That is all.
---Brent =)
Disobey

Postby ginzo » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:40 pm

^Chipotle is very good, one of my favorites. But they can be problematic in downtown areas with a lot of office workers where your choices are:

1) Wait in a 30 minute line to get your burrito.

2) Send in your order via the Internet and have it be cold even if you pick it up exactly at the time they're supposed to have it ready. You can't circumvent this by putting your order in last minute (preventing them from making it ahead) because they're likely to give you something absurd like 2 PM as the earliest possible pick up time.

3) Eat lunch at an odd time, like 3 PM.

Still, it's a great place, better than a lot of the crappier sit-down Mexican chains, like Don Pablos.
"There's nothing wrong with it. It just needs some tweaking,"

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Zack44 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:49 pm

I started working at McDonald's a few months ago on the grill. People usually say you start to hate the food once you work there, but I actually like it slightly more since I've started eating Quarter Pounders w/ Cheese recently. Besides Mickey D's, I love Wendy's, Pizza Hut, Burger King, Checkers, and the single time I've had Carl's Jr. on vacation.
http://www.coastercounter.com/nbadude44

Finally hit the big 1-0-0!

TPR's Olden Goldie

Postby ebl » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:10 pm

"I absolutely hate 1,000 Island dressing (always order it without)" (cfc)

I'm right there with you, Chuck. That stuff...eh, I won't go there...better to get your burger the way you like it, and In-N-Out'll do it for you if you ask. I've never had a problem.

Of course, as I've said, I order the Flying Dutchman (part of their "secret" menu). That's just two burger patties and two slices of cheese that you eat with a fork and knife. A rather dainty way to eat at In-N-Out, but it cuts the carbs for those needing to do so.

Eric
My Honda will run ringz around your Saturn.

Postby netdvn » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:32 pm

I had a Thickburger from Hardee's (the East Coast variant of Carl's Jr.) and it was THE BEST HAMBURGER I've ever tried EVER! It was not only twice the size of every single other "big" fast food burger I've eaten, but 2x better! I'd hate to say it, but I thought it was better than Chick-fil-A, which is extremely good.

I still haven't tried In N Out or Five Guys, but those are definitely on my list of fast food restaraunts I need to try...

Favorites *
- Hardees
- Chick-fil-A
- Panera Bread
- Subway
- Arby's
- Taco Bell
- KFC
- Burger King
- Mc Donald's
- Popeyes

* I don't regard pizza restaurants to be fast food.
Artwork - Facebook - Flickr - DeviantART - Instagram -Geauga Lake Reborn! M&M's World - Don't look back as you brave the Black Forest BGW/KD Crowd Calendar

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Coaster Cow » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:14 pm

I'm a major Moe's guy; love the burritos the size of a random internal organ that I can't think of right now.
I have yet to go to a Chipoltes, but I know that Five Guys kicks major ass! :lolr:
I also am a fan of a chain called the Pita Pit, anyone know it?
"There''s a Lieutenant Crunch here to see you."
"Lieutenant Crunch?"
"Actually, I've been promoted. It''s Captain Crunch now."

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random