TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What was your first Car?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I hadn't thought about that. The Gran Torino was given to me by my uncle because he didn't want his ex-wife to get it. The first car I bought on my own was a brand new Mazda B2200 pick up truck. It was a 2wd but I drove it like a 4wd. I had lots of fun times with that truck. I also confirmed that the 120 MPH on the speedometer is legit although stupid to test.

Two years ago, I got my license, and my temporary vehicle was a 1971 Mercury Cougar, same color as the one pictured below. Man, I loved that thing! I only had it for a couple of months though. But imagine pulling into the parking lot in high school in something like this:

Now I drive any of the three cars (depending on which one my parents don't drive)

2005 Honda Civic Sedan, complete with two loose bumpers and crappy window tint

2000 Infiniti G20 with all the bells and whistles that make Infiniti fancy

2002 Honda Accord Sedan V6 Vtec 3.0L that hauls @$$ (200hp!)

And hopefully, I get to drive this 1969 Mustang Mach 1 when it comes back from the shop (if it's not sold first):

Also, I forgot to add....100th post! 50 more and I can get a title!

A purple (ugh) 2005 Dodge Neon that I bought for $500.

It had no AC, no cruise control, no cassette OR CD player, 1 working speaker, no working hazard lights, no working cigarette lighter / power adapter area and it was the slowest car on planet earth. Still, I loved that car and put about 60,000 miles on it and less than $2,000 into it (including the cost of the car) so I can't complain at all. I kind of miss that car sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...

My first and current car is a 1997 Jeep Wrangler. My family purchased it used because we needed another vehicle to be towed for our RV trip to Cedar Point in 2005. It's since been passed down to me; and thanks to lessons from my dad after getting my license, I can drive both automatic and stick.

• 2 weeks later...

My first car I drove was a 1972 Mazda RX-2. It had a rotary engine and a stick. Loved that car.

First car I owned was a 1979 Mazda 626. Great car until it got run over by a truck when it was parked in front of my office.

• 1 month later...

My first wheels came from my lovely grandmother -- a sleek and pristine 1988 Dodge Omni! It fit the bill for me at the time though, and man, did that thing get some awesome gas mileage!! Something like 38-45 mpg!

This same car met its maker one morning on my way over to college classes with a couple friends. Stalled out, then started to smoke when I popped the hood to look at it. We headed for higher ground and called police.....a firey inferno insued from there, complete with the hood exploding off the car!! Turned out to be a small crack in the fuel line. It was pretty crazy!

• 5 months later...

My first car was a 1996 Dodge Neon, it pulled great gas mileage, but the A/C did not work.

I currently have a 1997 Chevy Malibu LS, it has leather seats, AM/FM radio with both a CD player and cassette player, cruise control, power seats, windows, and locks, a good heater, and working A/C.

I don't have a car yet (as I've only had my license for little over a month) and I've been using my parents' mazda 2 (from 2008).

It's a fun little car (much better to drive than my granddad's bigger, chunkier and older Citroën)

My first car was a 2004 Scion xA, and I loved it. I can't find a pic of mine, but this one looks identical to the one I drove.

We got it in October 2009, and I drove it for a little over two years. The only reason we ended up getting rid of it was that my dad was looking to get a new car and I somehow convinced him to sell mine, use the money as a down payment on his new one, and let me drive his old one.

So, as it stands right now, I'm driving a two-door 2008 Saturn Astra XR, and I absolutely love it, but I do miss the Scion a lot.