Are you a soccer fan or do you play soccer?

Your best or worst experience.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Guaranteed Fresh or Your Money Back!

Postby dandaman » Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:33 am

Can't see the pics... oh well.

I've been playing house-league soccer since I was 3, and I've been on our town's travel soccer team for 3 years now. :)

Proud owner of Elissa's hair

Postby tngdiablo » Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:47 am

SuperGreek1562 wrote:Haha yes! Your not Greek are you?

No, but living in New York and having greek friends influenced me a lot. They are crazy.
Ride Count: 198
Steel: 148
Wood: 50

The Tsunami!

Postby SuperGreek1562 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:07 pm

Haha yeah we can get crazy a lot when we party all night! Did you use to live by Astoria? I love going there!
<Not too bad for a cell phone pic!

Wii Code: 3365 1059 5042 9007

El Toro totally owns the Voyage!

Postby coasterguy618 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:23 pm

I do not play soccor but I am really good at it. People say I should play but I can't cause I play football.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Are you a soccer fan or do you play soccer?

Postby viking86 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:13 pm

You know there is an expression called "dusting off an old thread"? Well, I think we can call this one "digging it out with an excavator"... ;)

So yeah, I was browsing through the TV channels and noticed that MLS was back on today. With that in mind, I figured that maybe it was time to bring back a soccer thread on this forum. Before starting a new thread I did a little search and turns out we already have a soccer thread. Heck, I have even posted in this thread back in my early TPR days. A lot has happened since last time this thread was active, there are many new members on this forum and soccer has become increasingly popular in the US over the years.

So yeah, any soccer fans out there? Tell us about your club, who you support and why!

As I posted back on page one back in 2005, my team is SK Brann from Bergen. Next weekend is the start of the season here in Norway, really looking forward to being back in the stadium after four months, despite my expectations for this seasons being very low. But first we have an away match 450 kilometers away which I will be attending together with probably 600-700 other away fans. If we manage to get away with a draw I'll be fairly pleased.

Below a picture of the view from my seat in our stadium, which has a capacity of 17686. I'm predicting that we'll average around 12k this season, depending a bit on how the season goes. We managed to average 10k in the league below last year, so let's see. :)
1901787_10206980646264053_462245081418000436_n.jpg
My view in our stadium

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby RaceBoarder » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:00 pm

Whelp, I'm a card carrying member of the American Outlaws. That's the official Supporter's group for the US National Teams.

Actually we got quite the schedule coming up. Friday we have an important doubleheader: USA U-23 team vs Colombia and the US Men's Senior team vs Guatemala. The U-23's are in a home/home for the final spot in Rio while the Senior team is a WC Qualifier. Both of these matches need to be a draw or better. Then on the 29th we have the home ends of these matchups.

Then in June the Senior team will host Copa America. I've already got tickets to the Chicago group stage match and am working on getting tickets to the Philadelphia match as well (a side trip to Great Adventure is a nice add-on to that ;) ). This is the best place for the US to show that we belong in the who's who of world football. Gotta make it count :b

Postby viking86 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:22 pm

Well, I'm bringing this thread back up again. It has been one hell of a season for us, after a season on the second level of football in Norway, we were back in the top division this year, and with only two matches left of the season we are in second place. No chance of winning the league, there is a huge gap up to first place, but the fight to remain in second place will be very exciting. Theoretically we can end up as low as 5th place, but either way it has been a fantastic season for us. Before it started I said I would be very happy if we managed to stay out of the relegation battle, and I think it's safe to say we managed that pretty well.

I see that my average attendance prediction of around 12k has been pretty much spot on, with one home match remaining our average attendance is 12001 LOL! :lol:

Been a couple of good shows this season as well, here from the last two home matches.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby RaceBoarder » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:53 pm

^^^ :nina: :nina: :nina: ^^^

Happy to see you enjoying the success of your club :)

I'm still living/dying with the US Men's team. I still dunno if I should be happy or disappointed with a 4th place finish in Copa America over the Summer. We won the games we should have, but didn't bother to show up in two games vs Colombia and we got spanked in the Semifinals against Argentina.

In 13 days the US starts their journey through "The Hex", the final stage of World Cup Qualifying in CONCACAF. And we start with our biggest match on US soil, Mexico. I'll be journeying to Columbus, OH for that and will be proudly flying the flag. It's going to be insane and I couldn't be happier to be in attendance!
IMG_0062.JPG

Postby viking86 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:21 pm

^Good luck in the world cup qualification! I've always enjoyed watching the US team in the world cup, so I hope you make it.

RaceBoarder wrote:Happy to see you enjoying the success of your club :)

Thanks, we secured a top-3 spot today after winning away! Final game of the season at home next weekend, if we win that one we will get 2nd place. But the most important is that we get a shot at playing in Europe next year, something we haven't done since 2008.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby 9Armgeddon4 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:13 pm

I'm kind of a soccer fan but I my during the World Cup and Euro Champ. Other than those two I don't usually watch it. I will say this I absolutely hate the current MLS playoff formate with the lower seeds playing at home in the first leg then the higher seed getting home field in the second leg. Of course because of this all the lower seeds won(all shutout if I'm not mistaken) Isn't the point of having home field is to play at home first then on the road? What do you soccer fans think of this formate? Love it or hate it.

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random