Switch to full style
Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc...
Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!
Post a reply

Re: Rogue Recon: A Star Wars Coaster

Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:51 am

Just recently discovered this thread. This looks amazing. Most of us just use a computer game to simulate what we want to create, but I applaud you for the working on a physical roller coaster. I am enjoying watching you build this ride, and I am very excited to see the finished project.

Can you tell us more about your vision at far as the ride/show elements or are you planning those as you go along?

Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:54 pm

^^ Optimistically, I hope to have the track portion completed by November. The automation, theming, and other effects will take at least another two months.

^Thanks! I have a general outline for what needs to happen at each ride section, but the details happen as I build.

In order the show scenes will be:
1) Right out of the station - Boba Fett will give you directions.
2) Ferris Wheel lift - you will encounter one of two characters on your way up, depending on whether you're in an Empire train or a Rebel train.
3) Switch track - you will have an encounter with some sort of creature as you switch from moving backwards to moving forwards.
4) Throne room (pre-launch area)- you will see what happened after the Throne Room scene in the Last Jedi
5) Just before launch - Darth Vader encounter

The final scene will take place in the slow turnaround section I just built in this video, before the track drops and twists back to the station.

Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:03 pm

Looking as amazing as always! :lover:

Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:36 pm

Thanks!

Been working on the Ferris Wheel Lift. This is a kind of complicated and slow process, so please bear with me.

Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:03 pm

^ That is FREAKING AMAZING!!! :lover:

So awesome to see you being so creative and thinking outside the box with this project!

Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:24 pm

^Thanks! Back at it this week. Still battling the complicated workings of the Ferris Wheel Lift.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:38 pm

^ It is so impressive to see the Ferris wheel lift operating!! Keep up the great work! :br

Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:02 pm

Unfortunately, after months of tinkering, I couldn't get the ferris wheel lift to do exactly what I wanted reliably.

However, I think I've found a great new solution.

Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:21 pm

The elevator is working pretty well! Watch to see how it works!

Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:08 pm

The elevator is now fully functional! I'm super excited, as I can now go back to building the actual coaster!

Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS