The Model Cyclone Racer

Discussion on building of a classic wooden wonder.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc...
Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: The Model Cyclone Racer

Postby hillflyer » Thu May 30, 2019 10:34 am

Happy Birthday Cyclone Racer, you would have been 89 today. As far as I'm concerned, I'm pretty much finished with this model. All I need to finish is one more train and some other little loose details to be straightened out. Three and a half years of working a few hours every day and or night to tackle what I knew would be another long drawn out project. Last Saturday a friend of mine and I took it out for a photo shoot alongside the water's edge. Last Saturday was the last opportunity to do the photo shoot before I drive this thing up to a Buena Park storage facility to store until the Banquet at ACE con 42. Hope you enjoy the pictures.
CRtm105 - Copy.jpg
CRtm102 - Copy.jpg
CRtm103 - Copy.jpg
CRtm101 - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg
CRtm107 - Copy.jpg
CRtm108 - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg
CRtm109 - Copy.jpg
Last edited by hillflyer on Thu May 30, 2019 10:51 am.

Postby hillflyer » Thu May 30, 2019 10:41 am

Part 2
CRtm1091.jpg
CRtm1092.jpg
CRtm1099.jpg
CRtm1094.jpg
CRtm1096.jpg
CRtm1097.jpg
CRtm1093.jpg
CRtm1099a.jpg
CRtm1099b.jpg
CRtmcr - Copy.png

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby SixFlagsAstroworld » Fri May 31, 2019 7:36 am

Ok some of those pictures, I can’t tell if they’re the real coaster itself or the model! Great job! I really love all the detail you put into it =)
Coaster Count: 108
Check out my latest project: Six Flags Cypress Adventures
HARD ROCK PARK Coming to Chaos Crafter 2019!!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Pedrinho » Fri May 31, 2019 7:39 am

hillflyer wrote:As far as I'm concerned, I'm pretty much finished with this model. Three and a half years of working a few hours every day and or night to tackle what I knew would be another long drawn out project. Last Saturday a friend of mine and I took it out for a photo shoot alongside the water's edge. Those are all on the next page. Here is a close up of one of the trains posed coming down hill #4. Notice the paper cut outs. I soon will have a Go Fund Me where you can buy a spot on the train. First person to copy and paste this sentence in a postreply gets a free seat. Last Saturday was the last opportunity to do the photo shoot before I drive this thing up to a Buena Park storage facility to store until the Banquet at ACE con 42.

First person to copy and paste this sentence in a postreply gets a free seat.

Like this? :)
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

Postby hillflyer » Fri May 31, 2019 9:38 am

Pedrinho wrote:
hillflyer wrote: First person to copy and paste this sentence in a postreply gets a free seat.

Yup! Like that! Just send me an image similar to this one, arms down at side or straight up in the air, (higher than this)

tcolemodels@gmail.com
CRruss.jpg

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby JG-77 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:51 am

Absolutely beautiful, it's been great seeing this project develop. The model looks incredible, you can really see the hard work and passion that went into it. I wish I could see it in person, but alas, I live on the other side of the country.
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Postby hillflyer » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:58 pm

JG-77 wrote:Absolutely beautiful, it's been great seeing this project develop. The model looks incredible, you can really see the hard work and passion that went into it. I wish I could see it in person, but alas, I live on the other side of the country.

Thanks I appreciate that you never know it may end up at a rollercoaster museum near you one day
IMG_20190602_082355472.jpg
IMG_20190602_081721934.jpg
IMG_20190601_153257.jpg
IMG_20190602_080339495_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190601_153702.jpg
IMG_20190601_135741308.jpg
IMG_20190601_153759.jpg
IMG_20190601_153623.jpg
IMG_20190602_122947380.jpg
Last weekend I drove two-thirds of the model up to Buena Park where it sits in storage until the convention

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Pedrinho » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:49 am

hillflyer wrote:
Pedrinho wrote:
hillflyer wrote: First person to copy and paste this sentence in a postreply gets a free seat.

Yup! Like that! Just send me an image similar to this one, arms down at side or straight up in the air, (higher than this)

tcolemodels@gmail.com

You (should) have (got) email! :)
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Living_Dead » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:08 pm

The ride looks absolutely beautiful. I've never heard of the coaster itself but it's such a unique take on a racer, and I'd love to see a company try and recreate it. Stunning work!

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby chaos » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:33 pm

It was awesome seeing this ride in person! But to be honest, it was even more awesome to see some of those pics on the water where I had to do a double take to make sure it wasn't a picture of the real thing!

PreviousNext

Return to Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness