Theme Park Studio (TPS) Discussion Thread

Newest coaster / theme park sim, currently in development
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc...
Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!
I go to furry parties, I'm probably a brony too...

Re: Theme Park Studio (TPS) Discussion Thread

Postby tarheel1231 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:15 pm

AWESOME! Wooden coaster was my second most anticipated TPS coaster behind Invert.
I'm done.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:19 am

The wooden coasters look really really good! Glad to see more updates!

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Garet » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:19 pm

Coaster Stage 3 Released - Wood Coasters, Audio, Mine Trains, and More!

Hello Everyone,
We are happy to announce a new Theme Park Studio update has been released. This update brings the much anticipated wood coasters and includes:

Wood Coasters and Tiered Supports
Mountain Flyer Coaster
Mine Train Coasters
Coaster Audio
Rail Mirror Functions
Bank Smoothing
Support Texture Switching
Optimizations

In this update, we focused on creating detailed wood coaster rails and supports, while still providing real-time easy construction. For example, as the rails are shaped, the catwalks scale, ties rotate, pivot points auto adjust, and supports auto clip, all in real-time as you build. The end result is amazing looking wood coasters built using a super easy to use real-time editor, allowing you to create the coaster of your dreams.

Amazing coaster audio was also introduced in this update. Now you can become fully immersed in the coaster experience as you hear digitally recorded lifts, hydraulics, brakes, ambient sounds, wheel roars, and more.. Of course, our Oculus Rift support takes immersion to an even further level.

We also added a new set of buttons to the Express Editor that allow you to dynamically add tiers to your support structures and change the textures.

Per customer request, we added new horizontal and vertical mirror buttons to the editor, allowing you to quickly and easily reverse the direction of any new, or pre-built, coaster segment.

Auto smoothing was added to banks for all coaster types.

Optimizations were added to further improve framerate during construction and playback.

Finally, a few new trains were introduced with this update. These include the new wood and mine train rail styles.

We look forward to the next phases and appreciate everyone working with us during early access and helping make Theme Park Studio the ultimate theme park simulator.

Theme Park Studio Team

I'm glad to see the mirror function added for the express editor, hopefully it will make it easier for people like me who aren't too good at advanced building, I could never get the exits out of my dive loops right on my wing-riders without it going the wrong way but this should help me. Will be nice to have some sounds as the roller-coasters go around too.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:38 pm

I would love to see what people are making. I've been slowly trying to learn it, but would to get some inspiration!

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby GCI Wooden » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:52 pm

This was posted on Theme Park Studio's Facebook

Hello Everyone,
We are happy to announce phase 7 is near complete. In this phase particle effects have been integrated. Theme Park Studio contains a very powerful particles' engine. Many types of effects can be created using our extensive set of options and controls.
As with other modules of Theme Park Studio, particle effects have been designed to be both easy to use and fully customizable, appealing to both the casual and advanced users. Casual users can enjoy a simple point and click method of adding particle effects to almost any scenery object, while advanced users have full access to the particle parameters for creating unique particle effects. Two new libraries have been introduced, Particle Scenery and Particle Effects
Particle Scenery
The Particle Scenery Library contains scenery objects that can easily be placed anywhere in your scene. Like other scenery objects, simply click on the thumbnail and place the particle object in your scene. Some objects contain animated texture maps for finely detailed elements, like waterfall mist curtains. Other elements will emit particles to create stunning animated visuals, like fountains and fireworks.
Particle Effects
The Particle Effects Library is useful for adding particle effects to existing objects in your scene. Adding effects is as simple as clicking on the thumbnail, then clicking on the object in your scene you want to receive the effect. For example, if you have a cabin in your scene, clicking on the smoke thumbnail, then clicking on the cabin chimney, will instantly add smoke. The smoke effect is now part of the cabin. When you move the cabin, the particle effect will move with it. You can even attach particle effects to flat rides!
New Procedural Skies and improved lighting:
Soon we will be rolling out new procedural skies and improved lighting. The new dynamic skies include animated clouds, time lapsed lighting, lens flares, weather effects, dynamic time of day rendering, and even Crepuscular Rays which together produce stunning results.
Undo
Finally, we have been working hard to implement community requests while developing the phases. In this update we are starting to roll out Undo. In this next phase you can Undo coaster rail transformation and deletion. We will continue to work hard to fulfill backer requests over the next phases.
We look forward to moving on to phase 8 and appreciate our backers working with us during Early Access.
Thank you for your support.

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ~Harlan Ellison

Annoying, impatient and needs to be kicked by a donkey.

Postby I305forever » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:48 pm

^ :lover: OMG that looks awesome. It looks like NL2 but a million times easier.
Still confused about why vekomas headquarters hasn't been burnt down by an angry mob of enthusiasts

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby fraroc » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:48 am

I305forever wrote:^ :lover: OMG that looks awesome. It looks like NL2 but a million times easier.

It may be easier than no limits, but as a TPS user, it has one HELL of a learning curve. You need to have some sense of what to do, which means you gotta watch those tutorial videos.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Cj1990 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:51 am

fraroc wrote:
I305forever wrote:^ :lover: OMG that looks awesome. It looks like NL2 but a million times easier.

It may be easier than no limits, but as a TPS user, it has one HELL of a learning curve. You need to have some sense of what to do, which means you gotta watch those tutorial videos.

I kind of picked up on that myself for sure. Even with watching the tutorial videos, I have had a hard time learning the software. It's made it hard for me to want to play. perhaps I should try again here soon. Now there are a lot more updates there since I played last. I think I saw that I'd only played like 107 minutes last time I was on my steam account lol.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby karmacomposer » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:53 pm

fraroc wrote:

I must kindly disagree. In my first tries at making a coaster, I was able to sculpt terrain, lay down a station and track and ride my coaster in a few minutes - under 10 minutes total time.

In NL2, which I also own, it took my 10 minutes just to understand what to do. I have yet to create something good with NL2 and it cost me over $100 for the Pro version. I'll take TPS over NL2 any time. With all the new, easier to use features that have been implemented, not only is it easier to use, but more powerful, too.

Mike

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby BeckysFootSlave » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:47 pm

Theme Park Studio IS much much easier than NoLimits!

Especially after the last Update (Phase5 with TrainEditor and NEW PathEditor) it is really easy to build Theme Parks!
I told it somewhere else and it is NOT a Joke: Anytime my 4year old nephew (cute little girl) is visiting us I have to sit her in front of my PC so that she can build with TPS!
It must be easy if this young girl can handle it and before I forget we are living in germany and TPS (for now) is english only!!!
She didn't watched the Tutorial Videos, she just saw one of my Coasters and asked me if she can build one! I didn't leave her completly alone with it I showed her how to use and some tricks and then she started building (not only coasters)!

So if this little girl can keep in mind what I've told her than anyone else can do that also!
And after the last Phase, many things get so damn easy and will still getting better with the next update and the last one!

The Devs of TPS continue their hard work every day and with still listening to the community! Many many community-related things are put in the last update!
Phase 7 (no phase 6 isn't lost :) Phase 2 and 6 where put together), the next Update of TPS will bring us all the Particle Effect Editor, Weather and Timecycle effects and a CoasterUndo!!!
I would bet that there is a little bit more coming because that was always the fact on any update of this Developer!

Look at the Photos above of the upcoming Phase 7 and yeah it's true they are AMAZING!!! Can't wait to test it out!

Also I forget to say that the PathEditor that came up in Phase5 is now so EASY like the CoasterEditor!
Everything "snaps" now together (Path to Path, Path to Ride, Object to Pathedges and much more) and you can now just "click" your path thru your Park as easy as laying trackpieces with the CoasterEditor!

I can just say that I choosed the RIGHT Game for myself to build Parks and Coasters and Flat-Rides and... it is incredible to watch the efford this Developer is making and giving us all to bring our imagination to life :)

PreviousNext

Return to Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness