Elitch Gardens Discussion Thread

Page 36: Meow Wolf's Kaleidoscape
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The Resident Vegetarian Hippie

Postby Hercules » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:58 pm

Really? How? The only way that I could see it is if the rides were all replaced. Why would that be worth it?

Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:58 pm

I think it would be cool for a new group to buy this and maybe a couple other of the SF parks and make a new chain, since Paramount is out of the business now. Just a thought.

Random Ranter

Postby kenshinmac » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:06 am

I love all these people saying there is no way they can fit anymore rides into the park...

You obviously have never been to blackpool... Now granted it isn't exactly tasteful but they have rides on top of rides on top of rides... It is very possible to add probably 1-2 creative coasters to the land they currently have developed with minimal relocation or removal of rides.

Plus I have never understood why the area in the Twister 2 helix remains undeveloped. It seems like a great location for a (very) small flat ride...

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby thefitness » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:38 pm

this suckss
i hope i can get over there before it closes
i know everyone says the rides are rough but some are unique(i think)ex.flying coaster(its the closest to where i live.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Freefallbestrideever » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:03 pm

sorry to hear, i wonder whos next on the list.... :?r
Coasters: 59
Assume nothing; Question everything

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:06 pm

^^Flying Coaster is not unique. I'm pretty sure there are at least 6 of them permanently operating in the world.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby thefitness » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:10 pm

o
:oops: haha

when do you think its going to shut down?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby qphayes » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:20 pm

According to the Rocky Mountain News today, Six Flags wants to see it remain an amusement park, but will not turn down an investment bid if it's the highest. It is also rumored that there are up to 7 different groups interested in purchasing it and keeping it as an amusement park!

Lets hope that is true! I am hoping for Herschend Family Entertainment (owners of Dollywood) to buy it! They are one of the rumored interested parties.

I know more about donkeys than women!

just a thought

Postby coasterjunkie91350 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:36 pm

You know if the owners of dollywood bought it that means dolly would have another place to hang out. But id rather see them buy 3 of the 6 parks sfmm, sfeg, sfdl, "just a thought" :b :b

Shirtless Dude!

NEWS: Elitch's Acrobat Dies After Fall

Postby Twister II » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:56 pm

http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_4175096

Sad.

The guy was doing the chair-on-chair stunt on Friday night when he slipped about 30 feet up, he died Saturday morning.

I saw the show, twice, that guy was the one that always looked like he was going to fall.

Seriously? What else could go wrong with this park?! Death, its for sale, 52 characters fired, rides down rest of the year, no more parade, etc.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!