Elitch Gardens Discussion Thread

Page 36: Meow Wolf's Kaleidoscape
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Random Ranter

Postby kenshinmac » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:21 pm

Hopefully someone will buy it and run it as a park... Plus with a creative company we could see some really fun rides in the admittedly limited space they still have. It is a great property and a well known name.

He's kind of sad and pathetic

Postby BarryH » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:39 pm

Do you suppose Cedar Fair will buy SFEG? They can put in more trash cans and a Coasters Restaurant!

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby coaster1 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:43 pm

SFEG doesn't fit the Herschend's profile, Frontier City is more of an SDC park than the concrete jungle of SFEG.

Granted SFEG isn't bad looking, but the location and all makes it better suited as a mall or something which would bank being between the Pepsi Center and Invesco Field .. plus being on reclaimed Superfund site, there's little that can be done there .. but again .. a huge shopping center would possibly be the only soultion.

Flight of James: Ride of Steel the Revenge

Postby jamesdillaman » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:44 pm

Say it with me: Indoor Waterpark Resort
j/k Seriously I doubt it will go away. The city and people of Denver want to keep it an amusement park and they will put pressure on whoever buys it to keep it that way, IMO.
-James Dillaman

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby TexTitan01 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:25 pm

well there are people out there who want it to be torn down and redeveloped, but that would probably cost more money than the city wants to shell out. So if it will stay an amusement park, that begs the question

Who'll take the reigns (sp?). Cedar Fair seems likely, even though they just got Paramount Parks. Who knows what'll happen.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby qphayes » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:28 pm

I am pulling for Herschend Family Entertainment, owners of Dollywood to be the new owners!

Wild Kitten Master

Postby Flyingcoasterfreak » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:16 pm

There are a couple of local Groups that are looking at buying the place.

Shirtless Dude!

Postby Twister II » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:15 pm

^ That's all I've been hearing.

Although I wouldn't mind an indoor water park :roll:

The location of this park is very...different. If it continues to be an amusement park, there really is nothing that they can do with it. There is no room for expansion. Anywhere! Also again with the I-25 traffic! Going down I-25 at 3mph on a 75mph highway.

Why a mall? About 3 blocks from the park is 16th Street Mall. Which is an outdoor mall, and for me, one of the coolest :mickey:

Thoughts regarding Hershey or Kennywood. Personally, I bet if either of those companies buys the land, the park will be gone, and turned into resource offices for Kennywood or Hershy.

I'd still like to see the park dismantled, and rebuilt in another location.

The Resident Vegetarian Hippie

Postby Hercules » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:28 pm

I have no problem with this at all, but the price tag does seem like a bit much.

If they can firesale sell it, it would be fine though. I mean, just get rid of the place. I really don't think it has any potential at all. The location, the rides, the space - it all equals below average and there is really no where for this park to go, whether it be up or down.

Wild Kitten Master

Postby Flyingcoasterfreak » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:52 pm

Actully this park could be made into CP if they new owners really wanted to :P

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!