Elitch Gardens Discussion Thread

Page 36: Meow Wolf's Kaleidoscape
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Will Elitch Gardens ever comeback to a new location?

Postby ThrillSeeker3814 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:24 am

In Denver will the former elitch Gardens possibly come back to another part of Denver in a close suburb or will it be gone for good?

Site Admin

Re: Will Elitch Gardens ever comeback to a new location?

Postby SharkTums » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:21 pm

If you look at population numbers, I'm not convinced you'll see it come back.

Phoenix has people than Denver and a much better operating season and doesn't support a full size amusement park.

Miami has more people than Denver and a much better operating season and doesn't support a full size amusement park.

Detroit has more people than Denver and an equally crappy operating season and doesn't support a full size amusement park.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:30 pm

ThrillSeeker3814 wrote:In Denver will the former elitch Gardens possibly come back to another part of Denver in a close suburb or will it be gone for good?

If it goes, it's probably gone. Would be way to expensive to build a new park and make money.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:37 pm

It's definitely comining back. They're doubling down on the Gardens part with a horticulturally themed park. You'll enter in the stem, and there will be five themed leaves. Perfect way for you and your buds to spend an evening.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:44 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Perfect way for you and your buds to spend an evening.

Oof.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby FutureMan2 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:45 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:It's definitely comining back. They're doubling down on the Gardens part with a horticulturally themed park. You'll enter in the stem, and there will be five themed leaves. Perfect way for you and your buds to spend an evening.

What makes you think that it is “definitely” coming back? I consider myself an optimist but just looking at where things stand it makes me think it not returning. I’d prefer the park to stick around but did you read anything promising?

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:50 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:It's definitely comining back. They're doubling down on the Gardens part with a horticulturally themed park. You'll enter in the stem, and there will be five themed leaves. Perfect way for you and your buds to spend an evening.

You really worked on that, didn't you? ;)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Elitch Gardens closing for good...

Postby cal1br3tto » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:52 pm

Goodness gracious. Well, that was my first reaction, even though I can't say I'm too broken up about this (if it does mean the park eventually closes forever/becomes even worse in a new location).

A.J. wrote:I wonder if the city of Denver would be willing to put some money into Lakeside based on this. I haven't been there in years, but if it's still basically the same as it was, it could really use some love.

Unless you've visited more recently than 2012, I'm going to use my visit that year as supporting evidence that yes, it could still really use some love.

smartestcoasterkidever! wrote:The only real loss in that park would be the arrow shuttle loop.

Agreed. I enjoyed the park more than I expected, and had fun on other rides, but that's the only stand-out coaster for me.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:11 pm

smartestcoasterkidever! wrote:The only real loss in that park would be the arrow shuttle loop.

I mean, is really a loss? REALLY? . :p :lol:

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:41 pm

cal1br3tto wrote:Unless you've visited more recently than 2012, I'm going to use my visit that year as supporting evidence that yes, it could still really use some love.

2013. Close enough.

More recent photos look about the same to me, but with fresh coats of paint here and there. The one arm of the Roto Jet-like ride is still missing its vehicle though.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!