Elitch Gardens Discussion Thread

Page 36: Meow Wolf's Kaleidoscape
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Fabulously FIERCE!

Re: Six Flags, unsure about next season

Postby DenDen » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:55 am

robbalvey wrote:--Robb "Who can't talk about his latest project either!" Alvey

Isn't it "Call of Doody; X-Lax X-Treme!"

(Run for cover....teeheehee!)
"To the floor! The only thing that will hold you up when nobody else will!"

To all who come to this happy place; Welcome

Re: Six Flags, unsure about next season

Postby blackcurrent » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:55 am

robbalvey wrote:
Twister II wrote:I don't know, it just seems strange to me.

It's not that strange. They don't want to announce a new attraction until they are ready to. We do the same thing with games we are currently working on.

--Robb "Who can't talk about his latest project either!" Alvey

It's about a couple who spend their time traveling around cool places, riding cool rides and meeting cool people. "Rob & Elissa The sims"

Elissa's REAL Boyfriend

Postby exit english » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:51 am

^AHEM, I think you mean "Elissa and Josh - the sims" Than You..

-Josh

Shirtless Dude!

Postby Twister II » Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:05 pm

Ok, so some strange things have been going on, or at least that I think so, have been going on at Six Flags.

Driving along I-25 the other day, a friend said that Tower of Doom (Intamin drop) was running, but with people on it.

Also, driving by on my way to Arizona, non of the lights were on. This is strange because usually because every time I drive by at night, there are usually lights on Mind Eraser and Twister, but nothing this time.

Also, if their new attraction was going to be a coaster, wouldn't you expect construction to begin by now? Or even an annoucement?

I didn't notice any cranes, but hopefully I'll see something more when I pass by on the 30th or 29th.

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby SonOfBeastSucks » Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:10 pm

Twister II wrote:Also, if their new attraction was going to be a coaster, wouldn't you expect construction to begin by now? Or even an annoucement?

Don't get your hopes up for a coaster, I am sure track would have arrived by now.

Shirtless Dude!

Postby Twister II » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:38 pm

Im going to talk my dad into driving around in the parking lot when we come back. Ill just say something along the lines of "Hey! We should go pratice parking in the Six Flags parking lot!"

He'll so go, and I will so have my camera. :)

Full Fledged Katonga Enthusiast

Postby Scaparri » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:09 pm

Twister II wrote:Also, driving by on my way to Arizona, non of the lights were on. This is strange because usually because every time I drive by at night, there are usually lights on Mind Eraser and Twister, but nothing this time.

Have you been by the park much in the winter? I know during the summer, CP always has lights on TTD, but during the winter they have them turned off. I would imagine they are just saving money on the electrical bill.

Shirtless Dude!

Postby Twister II » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:03 pm

I go by every year in the winter. This is the first time they have been off.

Random Ranter

Postby kenshinmac » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:31 pm

Every one of the coasters added since Boomerang I believe didn't get track or start construction until like March. Sure it is a short timeline but the problem is that you can face big problems with winter construction.

Besides we aren't that likely to get anything big enough to take more than a month or two to put together.

My guess is that they might have a chance at some of the small rides at Astroworld and might be considering those for placement in the park.

Personally I hope that we get something good from Astroworld. Maybe one of the coasters and a few nice flats but Elitches seems to be the red headed step child of the "flagged" parks often.

Shirtless Dude!

Postby Twister II » Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:02 am

I see Elitch's as more of a "test grounds" for coasters and rides. Like Halfpipe, and The Flying Coaster, etc. I wouldn't be suprised if it were something new or something that has never been built.

Something that I think could possiably happen is a wild mouse. Like a portiable one, like Cheeta Chase at The Lost Continent.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!