WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

P. 185 - Rise of the Resistance Full POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 16 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Re: WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

Postby A.J. » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:50 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:Probably an obscure question, but were you using your mobile data or WiFi? I'm guessing data is probably safer with everyone in the park all at once.

That is not an obscure question and running off of cellular data is the better option.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:54 pm

^Agreed on Data.

I've also heard conflicting reports on whether you should refresh or not? Some are saying that if you refresh right before opening it won't actually refresh you for two plus minutes and you'll be behind!?

Postby A.J. » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:45 am

I kind of went back and forth between the app home screen, the "find out more" screen and the "my status" screen, and the "join boarding group" button eventually lit up like it was supposed to.

I suppose it might be prudent to wait until exactly 7 AM to hit that "find out more" button, but I'm not sure I saw a difference either way. Some people near me had problems, others didn't.
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:44 am

SharkTums wrote:Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences. We're going to be heading back in a week or two with some guests and are starting to prepare!

I'm very curious about how this all works, as I'll be trying to ride Rise on my birthday (Feb. 16).

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby ArgoZ » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:49 am

It seems everyone had their strategy for getting a boarding pass, but there is really no rhyme or reason to anything. The second day it took forever for me to get the button to light up, hence we missed out. A lot of other AT&T users around me were in a similar situation and many blamed the carrier as Verizon users seemed better. Who’s to say the roles wouldn’t be reversed next time?There’s 10000 people all trying to log in at once, I’m surprised the whole system doesn’t crash. Disney did give 1 day tickets to whoever had a guarantee boarding group (125 and under) that didn’t ride. Guest services was quite full of irate people. Poor cast members. I don’t see any other way of doing things at present time. Perhaps giving out groups at various times would be better. Any other solution is going to create 10h+ lines, which nobody wants.

Some ideas I do agree with.
-Park hopper allows you to try for a group every day, (this doesn’t affect any FP plans) and go to another park of your choice.
-Multiple phones (with everyone in the same party), with multiple providers works well. Whoever gets in first will cancel everyone else’s.
-Come back when this craziness is over. If your going to be crushed not riding (who isn’t after spending hundreds on tickets?), don’t put yourself through the stress. The ride will be here for years.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby Garet » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:10 pm

All these experiences of people leaving their homes to be at parks by 6 A.M and the ride seemingly sold out almost just after park opening. Is this the same Galaxy's Edge the internet was calling a failure and a ghost town and not bringing in the people? ;)

Postby A.J. » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:30 am

It seems like most people who see the new land as a failure really only look at how Disneyland's land is performing. You go to Hollywood Studios and it's just as popular and crowded as Toy Story Land.

A lot of people also like to complain about how there were supposedly a lot of cuts made compared to the original vision (like roving character experiences), and that the land takes place in the sequel trilogy rather than the original. I enjoy Star Wars and thought the sequel films were fine, and I don't consider myself a hardcore fan - but I get completely into it while riding both attractions, and they're ridiculous fun.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:10 am

When I was at WDW in October, Galaxy's Edge was booming, but it handles crowds well.

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:12 pm

^ Sounds like my ex.

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:21 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!