WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

P. 205 - Runaway Railway 4K Low Light POV!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:10 am

So it sounds like the park is using a boarding pass system again. I know that no solution is perfect and people will complain regardless but this sounds like the best possible solution. Good for them for doing it.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:23 am

After watching the video, my only response is "holy crap"! I'm really looking forward to riding this now. The way Disney has integrated hi-def video with physical effects, sets, and animatronics is outstanding,

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:37 am

cfc wrote:After watching the video, my only response is "holy crap"! I'm really looking forward to riding this now. The way Disney has integrated hi-def video with physical effects, sets, and animatronics is outstanding,

Yep, it's 100% immersive. Rides like Spidey, Transformers, etc, all depended on the high-sided cars to force your view to a certain area. This is all around you literally the entire experience. There are no black walls with projectors in the ceiling or behind you. It's unbelievable.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Born when stamps were 2 cents

Postby OldJJman » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:49 pm

I’m not much of a Star Wars fan, but this looks beyond awesome!! Like Chuck said “Holy Crap!”

It is really fair to call this a “ride”, or should it be labeled an “experience”?

Probably gonna head to Disneyland and check it out in late February/early March, before “Spring Breaks” starts to check it out.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/3ea9b61e8c22a14aa6d3b76fd6c78499.jpg[/img][/url]

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:13 pm

I'm curious how the Single Rider queue works for this attraction. Actually, is there Single Rider for this,
and does it bypass some of the stuff you'd see in the Standby Queue?
IMG_0982.JPG
In DL: Is the left opening an exit? And is the entry on the right just for Standby?
I forget what's been posted about this entry gate to the attraction.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:28 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:I'm curious how the Single Rider queue works for this attraction. Actually, is there Single Rider for this,
and does it bypass some of the stuff you'd see in the Standby Queue?

In one of the vids I've seen it looks like there's a separate line once you're inside the star destroyer, before being broken up to the groups for the main ride. Perhaps there's the standby, singles, and fastpass lines out front, they all merge for the hologram room and transport, then fastpass gets a secondary bypass on the star destroyer while singles remain with standby.

Then again, how about I shut up and let someone who's been there provide accurate information.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:40 pm

Yesterday there were only two lines I saw, Standby and Fastpass. I did not see a Single Rider line. I am working on a trip report now and will look more carefully.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:41 pm

This looks absolutely bonkers! I can't wait to try it out!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby djcoastermark » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:05 pm

Oh Nooo's. Panic ! Oh Noo's Tonight, while watching the local news here in Fla, the headlines were that "Riders had to be evacuated from new ride failure at Disney" OFFS, it was a stupid video where the riders were walked off their car and down some steps to exit. The ride was back up after the reset.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:43 pm

What I like most about this is that you don't have to know Star Wars to appreciate it. The story tells itself well with all the tech and immersion, which is what I think the land sorely needed as a whole (I would guest most people know Star Wars from the recognizable items like Millennium Falcon, Chewy, lightsabers, R2D2, and Stormtroopers and don't fully appreciate the details the land has from the newer movies) to feel complete.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!